Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,821 members, 7,872,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

Wordpress Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Help (851 Views)

Wordpress Help / Wordpress Help Please!!!!!!! / Onclick Event In Wordpress Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Help by J0nyb0y(m): 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2017
Gurus, please i have been having an issue with uploading images on my wordpress oh... It has been like this for over 15minutes...
Even when i try to upload it one by one. It dosen't upload
Then it later says HTTP error.
i don't know what is wrong.

Please help...

Re: Wordpress Help by Ignyte(m): 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
J0nyb0y:
Gurus, please i have been having an issue with uploading images on my wordpress oh... It has been like this for over 15minutes...

Please help...

Close the slider plugin that you want to upload the images for. Go back to dashboard, then media, then add new files.

The next time you try to add to the slider just select the images.

P.S: Just use Slider revolution plugin for your website instead
Re: Wordpress Help by Duchman67: 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
Are you on shared hosting....it seems there is a post restriction from the web hosting company.
Re: Wordpress Help by J0nyb0y(m): 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ignyte:

Close the slider plugin that you want to upload the images for. Go back to dashboard, then media, then add new files.

The next time you try to add to the slider just select the images.

P.S: Just use Slider revolution plugin for your website instead
thanks for your response...
I have tried what you said, same problem. still didnt upload, just kept loading

and yes, am using Slider revolution.

read some articles online that mght be the hossting?
Re: Wordpress Help by J0nyb0y(m): 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
Duchman67:
Are you on shared hosting....it seems there is a post restriction from the web hosting company.
yes, am on shared hosting.... i contacted my hosting they said its not from their side. don't know if they are telling the truth
Re: Wordpress Help by Ignyte(m): 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2017
J0nyb0y:

thanks for your response...
I have tried what you said, same problem. still didnt upload, just kept loading

and yes, am using Slider revolution.

read some articles online that mght be the hossting?

In most cases it is hosting, but did you buy your plugin from legit sources? Or did you download from blackmarketers
Re: Wordpress Help by Duchman67: 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
J0nyb0y:

yes, am on shared hosting.... i contacted my hosting they said its not from their side. don't know if they are telling the truth

It seems to be a post restriction done to limit or throttle uploads. You can try again on another account. www.kobohosts.info has free accounts where you can migrate your blog.
Re: Wordpress Help by J0nyb0y(m): 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ignyte:

In most cases it is hosting, but did you buy your plugin from legit sources? Or did you download from blackmarketers
Yes... how can I solve it tho... even tried deactivating all plugins and re uploading still didn't worrk
Re: Wordpress Help by J0nyb0y(m): 6:42pm On Sep 08, 2017
Duchman67:

It seems to be a post restriction done to limit or throttle uploads. You can try again on another account. www.kobohosts.info has free accounts where you can migrate your blog.
So it means it's my hosting issue? Because I can't seem to upload any image with varying sizes
Re: Wordpress Help by Dmayor7(m): 12:29am On Sep 09, 2017
J0nyb0y:

Please help...

First,

You should deactivate all your plugins and try to upload the images again..

If the images were uploaded then know that one of the plugins is causing the problem.

Now, all you have to apply is the elimination method....

That is, activate a plugin, upload an image and see if the image uploads, until you got to a point where you activate a certain plugin and the image didn't upload.

Here you got the culprit...

Now....

If the above didn't work for you then...

You should increase your PHP limits by going to your wp-config.php file and past this code...

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

just before the line that says "That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging."

You can access your wp-config.php via your WordPress editor when you login to your blog.

Or via the cpanel...

Hope this helps you...
Re: Wordpress Help by J0nyb0y(m): 8:42am On Sep 09, 2017
Dmayor7:

First,

You should deactivate all your plugins and try to upload the images again..

If the images were uploaded then know that one of the plugins is causing the problem.

Now, all you have to apply is the elimination method....

That is, activate a plugin, upload an image and see if the image uploads, until you got to a point where you activate a certain plugin and the image didn't upload.

Here you got the culprit...

Now....

If the above didn't work for you then...

You should increase your PHP limits by going to your wp-config.php file and past this code...

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

just before the line that says "That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging."

You can access your wp-config.php via your WordPress editor when you login to your blog.

Or via the cpanel...

Hope this helps you...

Thanks, even tried deactivating all plugins and re uploading still didn't worrk.

I'll try the Wp config
Re: Wordpress Help by Dmayor7(m): 8:54am On Sep 09, 2017
J0nyb0y:

Thanks, even tried deactivating all plugins and re uploading still didn't worrk.

I'll try the Wp config

Yea...

Try it and let me know if that helps you
Re: Wordpress Help by CelestineC(m): 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2017
There are a couple of reasons why this kind of errors occurs

Here are my suggestions

Please check to see if it's not network issue. You can try reuploading using another network

Please verify that the image you are uploading is not larger than 2MB(if it's you can try expanding the limit just like Dmayor7 suggested

You may try logging out and logging back into your WordPress dashboard

Hope this help
J0nyb0y:

I'll try the Wp config
Re: Wordpress Help by Dmayor7(m): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2017
CelestineC:
There are a couple of reasons why this can of errors occurs

Here are my suggestions

Please check to see if it's not network issue. You can try reuploading using another network

Please verify that 4th e image you are uploading is not larger than 2MB(if it's you can try expanding the limit just like Dmayor7 suggested

You may try logging out and logging back into your WordPress dashboard

Hope this help

Sure, he can try using another network to access his site...
Re: Wordpress Help by CelestineC(m): 12:13am On Sep 12, 2017
Yeah bro
Dmayor7:

Sure, he can try using another network to access his site...
Re: Wordpress Help by J0nyb0y(m): 2:29am On Sep 13, 2017
Guys, I resized my images so the sizes were reduced from around 2-7mb to less than 500kb. Then all of them uploaded.
What is the issue now please, as I can't upload images of 700kb above

Cc celestinec dmayor7 duchman67 ignite
Re: Wordpress Help by J0nyb0y(m): 2:30am On Sep 13, 2017
Guys, I resized my images so the sizes were reduced from around 2-7mb to less than 500kb. Then all of them uploaded.

Cc celestinec dmayor7 duchman67 ignyte
Re: Wordpress Help by CelestineC(m): 2:50am On Sep 13, 2017
J0nyb0y:

I will recommend you edit your php.ini file to increase your maximum file limits
Re: Wordpress Help by Dmayor7(m): 12:42am On Sep 28, 2017
J0nyb0y:

Sorry, I have been very busy lately.

Have you solved it?

(1) (Reply)

Get A Professional Wordpress Blog For N2,700 / Get This Blog Now For Only 3k / Faced A Problem In Outlook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.