Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:15 AM

What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? (22193 Views)

Factors That Have Affected Business Operations In Nigeria / How Cbn’s Strict Monetary Policies Have Affected The Stock Market / My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Igboeze90: 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

Some quora topics arent tailored to home naa..

Some, not all. The ones I can use to improve my life, I immediately implement in my life. Quora is like my Bible these days. I read. Then write 2 answers daily.

Have never been more alive!
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Igboeze90: 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
joinnow:

Your decision is bad and good
I will explain
The bad first you have a good footing that would have sprung u up but you want to blow it.
I know someone that stay in his father house while working and was saving 80% of his income.he built his own and move from his fathers house to his own.
The good I like your exploring attitude
Against all odds.

Bad? With the point you raised, I don't think so. You don't get it. Build a house? Money? These things are not why I left my comfort zone. If I had stayed on my job, in a few years I could build a decent house in Aba.

I came to Lagos to discover myself, my purpose in life(that which I was born for). To break my circle of friends. To start a whole new life with new people I don't know. To battle for my bread, not to have it handed down to me, anymore.

Sitting at home wouldn't offer me the luxury to do all that. Honestly, I don't know why I chose Lagos, and I don't know where all of this will lead. But this inspiring one liner from Steve Jobs lights up my road, this road not taken:

You don't connect the dots looking forwards; you can only connect the dots looking backwards.

2 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2017
rychard:
One single quote changed my life, I saw it at the foot of a bridge, a quote from Loy Tolstoy - " If you want to be happy, be!.. "

It was moment of realization for me, that true happiness lies with me irrespective of the situation. So I decided to be useful to myself...

1) I resigned my job, and picked up a new one
2) learned to play the guitar
3) learned to speak two foreign language
4) Started programming , now I code in java, python, develop andriod application and design web pages.
5) I started paying more attention to my family and friend than work.
6) Stick to one girl (not being easy)..
7) learn to play lawn tennis, swim, mountain climbing and participated in chess tournaments
cool More volunteering, co founded a social enterprise while still working my career path- got three international recognized awards for community service (no need to mention)
9) Transform from slim to build , weekend gyms, morning workouts, joggings and fitness groups
10) Stopped going to church, spent more religious time wandering alone in the beach or camping .
11) Stop gambling, especially bet9ja, wasn't easy so I starred by reducing bet amount by 90% then reduced it to one a week and then stopped.

Please did you pay to learn programming?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by FAIRALL(m): 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2017
KamsyU:

Are you serious... Why, why didn't you

I spent more time developing IT, project management and relational skills unlike in 1st year when I was more interested in getting at least 90 in every course.

Once it's time for exams anyway, I dust my books and strike my As and Bs.
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by chichichilolo1(f): 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2017
Igboeze90:

Yea. The toughest steps I've ever taken. But it's worth it.
I want to believe so
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hipsofagoddess:

Please did you pay to learn programming?

Self learning, I also paid for some online courses too..
Practice practice practice.. Work on projects, download peoples project understand it and you'll be better..
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by SeyiIrawoDidan: 9:55pm On Sep 09, 2017
The best decision I've made so far is giving my life to Jesus Christ and following him.

1 Like

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by mecussey(m): 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
janellemonae:

The best decision of my life right now would be to QUIT nairaland.

Discovered nairaland in 2015. There are loads of good topics but this site has really made me hate conscious. I pity those who grew up with and around hate all their lives, being taught to hate and deride other people. Such emptiness. They really dont know the joy of a good life. tongue

yea...looking at some pple u will think they were born to hate. They really dont know what peace of mind is all about. Pple say i am always happy, i tell you, you will always be happy if you are blessed with inner joy. I dont see any gift bigger than that...let everyone who is suffering tell God to bless him or her with inner joy and peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 10, 2017
supersystemsng:
I devoted three hours to praying daily for a six months period...The results ''was'' phenomenal...

I stopped taking Liverpool too serious...
what do you mean by the results being phenomenal?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 10, 2017
tundexweb:

what do you mean by the results being phenomenal?

Businesses blew up like i did ritual back then...Unfortunately friends accused me of ..I dont wanna talk about this..got a knife in my back and lost everything within 2 years
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 10, 2017
supersystemsng:

Businesses blew up like i did ritual back then...Unfortunately friends accused me of ..I dont wanna talk about this..got a knife in my back and lost everything within 2 years
so,u mean praying for 3 hours daily makes your businesses boom?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 10, 2017
tundexweb:

so,u mean praying for 3 hours daily makes your businesses boom?

Six months, 3 hours daily
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
supersystemsng:

Six months, 3 hours daily
So,u think it was the prayers that makes ur business boom then or by coincidence?and do u still pray to make ur business boom?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
tundexweb:

So,u think it was the prayers that makes ur business boom then or by coincidence?and do u still pray to make ur business boom?

Impose your indoctrination on someone else..
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2017
yinka2011:
i make a living out of investing in the stock market. easykobo is the website that helps me understand the stock market of Nigeria.

Please can you teach me how to use easykobo?!
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 2:52am On Sep 11, 2017
rychard:

Self learning, I also paid for some online courses too..
Practice practice practice.. Work on projects, download peoples project understand it and you'll be better..

Ok thanks. Please can you tell me the sites of the online courses?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by DanielGb(m): 3:54am On Sep 11, 2017
My addition:
I decided to focus more on myself. Its as done a lot of good for me. No regret. I even look selfish blabla. Yea, I am happy with it because I get what I want and conscious of what I need.

Finally...
I have made another decision from reading a certain reply here.

Thanks OP.

1 Like

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by olajide2428(m): 11:20am On Sep 11, 2017
pemoney:
I stop playing 100 odd for a week but now I play 1.3 odd Daly and stake 100k to get 130k .It rely help me alot.. .....D punter in d house will understand me better.

Bro, please send me your contact , like to send u a DM so we could talk abt this�
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2017

Impose your indoctrination on someone else..
Indoctrination as defined by oxford english dict. means forcing someone to accept a set of beliefs but I don't know how u assumed from my posts that i am indoctrinating you.I am just curious about ur earlier post which prompt my questions,no pun intended brother,ok?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
Hipsofagoddess:

Ok thanks. Please can you tell me the sites of the online courses?

I use Udacity and code academy

1 Like

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
rychard:

I use Udacity and code academy

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 13, 2017
Hipsofagoddess:

Thanks dear

Anytime
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by 77star: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2021
I'm coming

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okada Rider Electrocuted To Death In Otukpo, Benue State (PHOTOS) / Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently / Things Our Parents/guardians/elders Did That Was Wrong Back Then

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.