Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,406 members, 7,937,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 06:20 PM

You Shall Have No Other God Before Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Shall Have No Other God Before Me (509 Views)

Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? / Pastor Emiaso Oke Emir Curses Lady: "You Shall Die Without A Husband" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Shall Have No Other God Before Me by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
"You must not have any other god but me" - Exodus 20:3

Christians might be committing idolatry by worshipping the same Jesus WHO said;"It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only" Luke 4:8

It is scary, but Christians could actually be displeasing God by their worship of a MAN, which may be why churches are full of madness and confusion.

1 Like

Re: You Shall Have No Other God Before Me by MuttleyLaff: 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
frosbel2:

Christians might be committing idolatry by worshipping the same Jesus WHO said;
"It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only"
Luke 4:8

It is scary, but Christians could actually be displeasing God by their worship of a MAN,
which may be why churches are full of madness and confusion.
1After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem,
2asking, “Where is the One who has been born King of the Jews?
We saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.”

- Matthew 2:1-2

8So they hurried away from the tomb in fear and great joy, and ran to tell His disciples.
9Suddenly Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!”
They came to Him, grasped His feet, and worshiped Him.
10“Do not be afraid,” said Jesus.
“Go, tell My brothers to go to Galilee. There they will see Me.”…

- Matthew 28:8-10

The man saw Jesus at a distance.
So he ran [to Jesus], bowed down in front of Him, (i.e. worshipped Him)

- Mark 5:6
Re: You Shall Have No Other God Before Me by Auki: 8:19am On Sep 09, 2017
Christians will come know the truth when it is of no use.

Worship He who created you and your forefathers of old.

Do NOT worship Jesus as either God, Son of God or partner to God. Worship He who created Mary, Jesus and you. That is the right religion.
Re: You Shall Have No Other God Before Me by ifenes(m): 8:33am On Sep 09, 2017
"Worship no god except me" itself is a statement to those you have been mentally broken. Everyone is his/ her own God/ Creator. We should learn to tell whoever ask for worship to go to places. This God in question sounds dodgy, don't you think guys. This is anti- freedom, sounds like sharia law to me. Let's stop endorsing this god ideology. A God should be seen in a positive light and love, not forceful demands

It is a mental challenge. How strong are you? How far have you evolved as a human? During slavey the masters imposed themselves on the slave. The slave will remain a slave until he/she decides to stop being a slave. No one is worth worshiping! An advanced loving being will rather love and teach others to advance rather than demand worship. Let us re- examine all negative beliefs,we are all potential Gods

1 Like

Re: You Shall Have No Other God Before Me by CAPSLOCKED: 9:17am On Sep 09, 2017
frosbel2:

WHY??
I PRAYED TO A BOTTLE OF BEER FOR A JOB AND GOT ONE.
I ASKED FOR QUICK RECOVERY ALL THE TIMES I GOT ILL AND IT HAPPENED JUST AS I PRAYED.

I ASKED THE BEER GOD FOR PROTECTION, MONEY, AND MORE ALCOHOL AND HE GRANTS ME THAT AND EVERY OTHER THING I NEED.

I DON'T THINK IT'S IN YOUR GOD'S PLACE TO TELL ME WHICH GODS TO WORSHIP OR NOT. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Pls Can Anyone Explain The Sermon Today In Catholic Churches / See What Church Offerings And Tithes Are Used For. / Bishop Tutor Bismark: Africa Should Pray Less And Seek More Understanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.