Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,982 members, 7,873,160 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? (22012 Views)

My Twin Took My Place At Work So I Could Go On Vacation - Now I’m In Trouble / A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work / Never Date At Your Place Of Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Halo22: 10:43pm On Sep 09, 2017
soberdrunk:
For the sake of the students, i hope you dont teach "English Language" angry
can't someone make common mistake again? Ah! ah! na u speak English pass? mind urself ooo.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by deebest8(m): 10:43pm On Sep 09, 2017
soberdrunk:
For the sake of the students, i hope you dont teach "English Language" angry

English is just a language not a measure of intelligence.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Halo22: 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2017
Esepayan:
You can hardly construct a sentence without blunders you shouldn't be a teacher in the first place
Oga/madam, mathematics don't require too much grammar. So park well
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 09, 2017
luminouz:

I see u my sister!! grin
HAHAHHA
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by millionboi(m): 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2017
kennygee:
The body language of the ornagization is clear.

Start looking for another job
lol

Let him wait until sack falls on him
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by lilytender: 11:28pm On Sep 09, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, next time when Nigerians hear the name APC, they will all benjohnson, useless politicians causing pains to the masses grin

Check your B.P., you may slump and die anytime because of your hatred for APC.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by luminouz(m): 11:44pm On Sep 09, 2017
meelerh:

HAHAHHA
U know na!!! Hope ur gud?? grin
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 09, 2017
luminouz:

U know na!!! Hope ur gud?? grin
Yup
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by gbagyiza: 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ontshafega:
Work is not a doe or die. If you can't cope, quite.

i dont know why people are afraid of sack. you should be confident and learn to depend on God. life does not stop after sack. In fact most of those sack with out committing any crime, get a better job after.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by luminouz(m): 11:58pm On Sep 09, 2017
meelerh:

Yup
What u still doing up?? shocked
Have u guys started.....school stuff
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 10, 2017
luminouz:

What u still doing up?? shocked
Have u guys started.....school stuff
Yes
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Originalsly: 2:05am On Sep 10, 2017
I pray come Monday another meeting is held... and another 45% sacked. With this your English..... I can't believe you didn't receive two envelopes. Hmmm...... and we still wonder why we're spending sooo much to school our children but they aren't learning!
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by pedrilo: 4:19am On Sep 10, 2017
Vivly:
I hope you don't teach English Language to those innocent pupils
u left the message n assumed a condescending posture to midwife an infant entity! Its rather unfortunate.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by bigpicture001: 5:34am On Sep 10, 2017
get the best selling novel and read it..its titles..." we got fired and that's the best things that ever happened to us"...featured stories of bill gate,opera Winfrey, Michael bloomberg, Thomas edison,that cross belted old man, fmrly,at cnn...etc
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by cluksy(m): 5:51am On Sep 10, 2017
screw her poo-see
Halo22:
I received a great trauma yesterday when i watched about 45% of my fellow teachers received they sack letter. At first I taught it was going to be mere talk by the new director of the school, who happens to be the daughter of the owner of the school. Lo and behold the reality took place yesterday.

Up till now, i have not recovered from the shock as most of the sacked fellows were very to the proprietress. First they said there would be a re-interview and a kind of verification. Then after, we were told to return later the result.

I arrived a little bit late to the venue for the meeting and i met the director sharing a brown envelopes to the bearers. I thought it was cash prize and asked for mine, but they told me my name was not among, i was lost. when i realized what was going on was when i glanced at my colleagues own . and the content briefly.

Now my problem is that they issued a new code of conduct, which most of them as far as am concerned, are like threats and stringent rules and am sure i cannot keep to them.

So dudes, what do you suggest i should do?
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 10, 2017
chidichuddo:
and one stupid girl is calling me all sort of names cos I'm saving should incase I loose my job,

#savesavesave
Nice one my bro but Pls don't save alone, invest it
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 10, 2017
With all the monies they extort from parents to teach rubbish to our children they cant pay their staff, damn private schools. angry
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by AceVentura: 7:01am On Sep 10, 2017
Ontshafega:
Work is not a doe or die. If you can't cope, quite.

You need English lessons...

@school teacher, please help this person.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by judility(m): 8:14am On Sep 10, 2017
that's y u need to go obtain skills as a backup in case of this kind of tin in future, if no be govt work, forget it u can loose it anytime, learn somtin that can be in u no matter were u go,
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by luminouz(m): 8:32am On Sep 10, 2017
meelerh:

Yes
All d best dear!!!
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by pooozeee(m): 9:02am On Sep 10, 2017
Halo22:
I received a great trauma yesterday when i watched about 45% of my fellow teachers received they sack letter. At first I taught it was going to be mere talk by the new director of the school, who happens to be the daughter of the owner of the school. Lo and behold the reality took place yesterday.

Up till now, i have not recovered from the shock as most of the sacked fellows were very to the proprietress. First they said there would be a re-interview and a kind of verification. Then after, we were told to return later the result.

I arrived a little bit late to the venue for the meeting and i met the director sharing a brown envelopes to the bearers. I thought it was cash prize and asked for mine, but they told me my name was not among, i was lost. when i realized what was going on was when i glanced at my colleagues own . and the content briefly.

Now my problem is that they issued a new code of conduct, which most of them as far as am concerned, are like threats and stringent rules and am sure i cannot keep to them.

So dudes, what do you suggest i should do?

My dear you're not a slave in your own country, let me share my story, I voluntarily resigned from work due to the nasty attitude of my manager towards me, I don't take a shit,

If u are sacked or may b u resigned, it not the end of the world as there are possibility of getting a new job , but b4 u resign, make sure u av anoda job.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 10, 2017
Losing ones job doesn't have to be the end. There is always light at the of every tunnel you know?

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by AngelicBeing: 10:09am On Sep 10, 2017
lilytender:

Check your B.P., you may slump and die anytime because of your hatred for APC.
l am not Apc, PDP or any of those useless parties in Nigeria, l am not even in the country, scroll down on my username and read some of my previous post and be properly guided, I only feel for my friends and loved once currently in Nigeria going through hardship, I will not slump, it is you, your household and generations that will slump, fall down and die a miserable death in that jungle called Nigeria, now buzz off and go end your miserable life, my last response to your demented brain that fails to see the nuggets in my post angry

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by hardywaltz(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2017
Halo22:
You should go back to SS1 and learn to understand. Even though I had some few errors in that write up, but am sure my points were clear.
U needed advice
Now I am giving u one
Work on ur written English
So u don't receive ur own brown envelope
Chapish? grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Ezi39: 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
It is inexcusable that such a glaring error found its way past the scrutiny of the poster. His exasperated comments suggested that he wrote it under trauma but that does not have anything to do with a glaring error like this.
The critics here are truly objectionable because a teacher who is making such a glaring mistake can cause havoc to the future leaders.
In another poor defence, the poster responded by saying that he perused a career in Mathematics. The excuse is not tenable because writing in English is not an exclusive preserve of those that majored in English. It is an "all comers" affair just as politics is not an exclusive preserve of those that majored in Political Science.
I would have kept my censorious thought of the post, the poster's being provoked by those who are correcting him made me to add voice to this.
I am also a teacher and I know the difference between writings that are rife with errors as a result of ignorance and the one that is written as a result of having little or no knowledge of grammar rules.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2017
royalamour:

Next time use either "should" or "in case". It is wrong to use them together.

noted sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs / My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office / Go Back To School At Age 40

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.