Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,969 members, 7,938,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 02:27 PM

"Manchester United Publicly Embarrassed & Betrayed Me" – Van Gaal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Manchester United Publicly Embarrassed & Betrayed Me" – Van Gaal (455 Views)

Ajax, Van Gaal Condole With Tijani Babangida Over Death Of Brother, Son / Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me / Mourinho Looked Embarrassed On A TV Show With Bikini Clad Lady (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Manchester United Publicly Embarrassed & Betrayed Me" – Van Gaal by celebsnest(m): 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2017

In what is Louis Van Gaal’s first interview about the manner of his Old Trafford exit, the Dutchman has blasted Manchester United for going “behind his back” in replacing him as manager with Jose Mourinho in 2016.

The 66 year old was sacked 48 hours after winning the FA Cup and Mourinho was appointed less than a week later.

Van Gaal, who was two years into a three-year contract, told Dutch paper Algemeen Dagblad;

“They told me only after it was leaked out, it was the biggest disappointment of my life,” 

“United put my head in a noose and I was publicly placed on the gallows.”

“The pressure was enormous with my head in the noose and they went right behind my back,” 

“I think it was all orchestrated like a film and it was done very much behind my back right from January.”

“United did not discuss this with me. If they had come to me with the Mourinho plan then I could have said ‘OK, let’s give it everything for the last six months, complete commitment to each other and the team and then Jose Mourinho can take over’

“They could have saved the last year of my salary by doing that but after what happened I made them pay every penny.”

United paid out £8.4m to Van Gaal following the departure of the Dutchman and his coaches.

He had won seven national titles with Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AZ before being appointed Manchester United boss in May 2014.

United finished fourth in the Premier League in his first season in charge to qualify for the Champions League but, despite winning the FA Cup, they finished fifth in his second campaign as they could only qualify for the Europa League.

See more >> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/manchester-united-publicly-embarrassed-betrayed-van-gaal/
cc lalasticlala cc mynd44
Re: "Manchester United Publicly Embarrassed & Betrayed Me" – Van Gaal by auntysimbiat(f): 4:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
Too bad
Re: "Manchester United Publicly Embarrassed & Betrayed Me" – Van Gaal by lomprico(m): 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2017
Very bad.
Re: "Manchester United Publicly Embarrassed & Betrayed Me" – Van Gaal by ekensi01: 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2017
Good Bad.
Re: "Manchester United Publicly Embarrassed & Betrayed Me" – Van Gaal by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
Nigerians be like... Sir, you and your crew got a compensation of 8.4million pounds. Assuming you started your coaching career at ManUtd, that's a whooping sum of 3.6billion naira. Not a bad deal.

(1) (Reply)

Stoke V Manchester United: 5 Key Talking Points / Who Has Qualified For The 2018 World Cup In Russia? / AITEO Cup: Akwa United Beat Tornadoes To Win Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.