Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,655 members, 7,889,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:07 AM

MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It (14444 Views)

Xpressverify Has Access To Nigerians’ NIN, Data & Is Making Money From It / Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It / Mtn Monthly Whatsapp 1.2GB For N150 How To Browse With It On All App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by stano2(m): 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2017
MTN now grandmasters of zapping, I don't watch videos online, background data always restricted. Infact I can't come and waste money again.
My uses 9mobile and she gets 1gb for clique 4d night and 500mb bonus data, additional 350mb plus 500mb when ever she subscribes for 500mb for 5huns.
I'm using her Hotspot on my laptop and phone and I'm to see any reduction on her main data.
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2017
adedayo3193:

Well recently 9mobile just join the train grin, but for the network stability that I can vouch for them
And also my biggest mistake this week is subscribing airtel bundle which I won't make next time
grin
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Maj196(m): 12:03am On Sep 11, 2017
Use 2G network Instead, it will reduce rate of data consumption by some background app.
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by INTERMAN: 12:47am On Sep 11, 2017
Maj196:
Use 2G network Instead, it will reduce rate of data consumption by some background app.
i should use 2g because of mtn. Shey na only mtn dey this world ni

1 Like

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Reeberry: 12:50am On Sep 11, 2017
I swear. Emptyhen na thief.
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by J0nyb0y(m): 11:33am On Sep 11, 2017
Guys Airtel is the best so far...
I get 7gb for 2k from them (Sim selective) and it last me almost a month cos am a heavy user....
their network is stable in most places I have been to... Lag, Ogun, Ilorin.... and they don't Zapp... for those saying they do please check your usage or maybe Airtel is not good in your area... because they are the best that happened to me in Data amongst other networks
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by JideSM: 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2017
INTERMAN:
The MTN monthly Data of 1Gb+ 500Mb is fake. it is not real. My data now finishes in less than two weeks. i did not use it finish.MTN duped me. I will urge everyone reading this to stop subscribing to MTN. Spread the news. We Nigerians are not foolish.

Hi INTERMAN,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this must have caused you. I will like to use this medium to inform you that I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are discussed and resolved. You can send your mobile number via private message to enable me run checks on your line

However, i would like to share with all, some useful information/tips on how to effectively manage data consumption on devices.

Some of the popular/common apps like witter, Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Playstore/Appstore etc could have a high data consumption rate if not well managed.

DATA USAGE GUIDE
Step 1: How to reduce data usage on Facebook app.

· Go to Facebook app
Click the Facebook menu option
· Select App settings
· Select Autoplay
· Click ‘Never Autoplay Videos’
- The reason for selecting ‘Never Autoplay Videos’ is to stop autoplay of videos while reading through the News feeds.
- The longer you spend on the News feeds, the higher your data consumption as the Facebook app automatically downloads every image on the page.

Step 2: How to reduce data usage on Instagram.
· Go to Instagram app
· Select Profile
· Click on Menu Option
· Select Cellular Data Use
· Select Use Less Data
- The reason for selecting ‘Use Less Data’ is to reduce the quality of videos and pictures.
- The longer you spend on the Story feeds, the higher your data consumption as the Instagram app automatically downloads every image on the page.

Step 3: How to reduce data usage on Whatsapp.

· Go to Whatsapp
· Click on the Menu button
· Select Settings
· Click on Data Usage
· Under Media auto-download select When using mobile data
· Un-check the boxes the click ok
- The reason for un-checking the boxes is to reduce the amount of data used in downloading every file received·
Under Call Settings check the box for Low data usage
- The reason for un-checking the boxes is to reduce the amount of data used while making Whatsapp call/video.

Step 4: How to reduce data usage on Google Play.

· Go to Google Play
· Select the Menu button
· Click on Settings
· Under General, select Auto-update apps
· Select Do not auto-update apps or Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only
- When you select Do not auto-update apps, no app will be updated automatically.
- When you select Auto-update over Wi-Fi only, apps will automatically update once connected via Wi-Fi. In the event where you share data via MiFi/Hotspot connectivity, Auto-update app over Wi-Fi only should be switched to Do not auto-update apps.

Thirdly, it is also important to note that doing nothing on your phone while your data is ON enables RUNNING apps on your device to connect automatically. For example, Whatsapp/Facebook/Twitter messages would drop even when you are not with your phone. Also, when you turn on your data connection, all apps that have pending internet transactions (e.g messages from social media sites) immediately drop. Thus, your data is deducted according to the volume of instant messages. This is where background data setting comes into play. If you go to your data usage settings and click on any of the apps showing the data used, you'd see data consumed listed as: Foreground and Background. Most often, background data is usually high. If you wish to turn off background data, see below.

How to turn off background data.

· From Menu go to Settings
· Select Data usage/Data Traffic management
· Click on the App
· Check the Restrict background data box
- This will prevent apps from running on the background when phone is not in use. However, once background data is switched off, notifications will not drop in real time and will be pended until the user accesses the app.
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by INTERMAN: 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2017
JideSM:

Hi INTERMAN,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this must have caused you. I will like to use this medium to inform you that I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are discussed and resolved. You can send your mobile number via private message to enable me run checks on your line

However, i would like to share with all, some useful information/tips on how to effectively manage data consumption on devices.

Some of the popular/common apps like witter, Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Playstore/Appstore etc could have a high data consumption rate if not well managed.

DATA USAGE GUIDE
Step 1: How to reduce data usage on Facebook app.

· Go to Facebook app
Click the Facebook menu option
· Select App settings
· Select Autoplay
· Click ‘Never Autoplay Videos’
- The reason for selecting ‘Never Autoplay Videos’ is to stop autoplay of videos while reading through the News feeds.
- The longer you spend on the News feeds, the higher your data consumption as the Facebook app automatically downloads every image on the page.

Step 2: How to reduce data usage on Instagram.
· Go to Instagram app
· Select Profile
· Click on Menu Option
· Select Cellular Data Use
· Select Use Less Data
- The reason for selecting ‘Use Less Data’ is to reduce the quality of videos and pictures.
- The longer you spend on the Story feeds, the higher your data consumption as the Instagram app automatically downloads every image on the page.

Step 3: How to reduce data usage on Whatsapp.

· Go to Whatsapp
· Click on the Menu button
· Select Settings
· Click on Data Usage
· Under Media auto-download select When using mobile data
· Un-check the boxes the click ok
- The reason for un-checking the boxes is to reduce the amount of data used in downloading every file received·
Under Call Settings check the box for Low data usage
- The reason for un-checking the boxes is to reduce the amount of data used while making Whatsapp call/video.

Step 4: How to reduce data usage on Google Play.

· Go to Google Play
· Select the Menu button
· Click on Settings
· Under General, select Auto-update apps
· Select Do not auto-update apps or Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only
- When you select Do not auto-update apps, no app will be updated automatically.
- When you select Auto-update over Wi-Fi only, apps will automatically update once connected via Wi-Fi. In the event where you share data via MiFi/Hotspot connectivity, Auto-update app over Wi-Fi only should be switched to Do not auto-update apps.

Thirdly, it is also important to note that doing nothing on your phone while your data is ON enables RUNNING apps on your device to connect automatically. For example, Whatsapp/Facebook/Twitter messages would drop even when you are not with your phone. Also, when you turn on your data connection, all apps that have pending internet transactions (e.g messages from social media sites) immediately drop. Thus, your data is deducted according to the volume of instant messages. This is where background data setting comes into play. If you go to your data usage settings and click on any of the apps showing the data used, you'd see data consumed listed as: Foreground and Background. Most often, background data is usually high. If you wish to turn off background data, see below.

How to turn off background data.

· From Menu go to Settings
· Select Data usage/Data Traffic management
· Click on the App
· Check the Restrict background data box
- This will prevent apps from running on the background when phone is not in use. However, once background data is switched off, notifications will not drop in real time and will be pended until the user accesses the app.

this is not my first time of browsing and this doesnt explain the cause of the zap.and my data usage was not up to 1.5gb when it finishes
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Najwal: 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2017
J0nyb0y:
Guys Airtel is the best so far...
I get 7gb for 2k from them (Sim selective) and it last me almost a month cos am a heavy user....
their network is stable in most places I have been to... Lag, Ogun, Ilorin.... and they don't Zapp... for those saying they do please check your usage or maybe Airtel is not good in your area... because they are the best that happened to me in Data amongst other networks

Inshort am happy to be on AIRTEL NOW, am thinking of porting my mtn line to airtel coz the current airtel am using i bought to text the network and i am pleased with wat i have seen so far. mtn we go part ways soon. tongue
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by talut(m): 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
joseph214:
I noticed it too. I normally subscribe for 1gb with N500 twice to get 2gb and it would last me for at least a week, but now it doesn't even last more than 3 days. Recently I subscribed for the 2gb for 1k and now it's showing me 309mb available when I have used only 1.5gb. That's almost 200mb gone.
Seems I may have to go to airtel or 9mobile.

Mr man that's where considering data uplink comes in
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Obudupikin: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2017
Najwal:

Inshort am happy to be on AIRTEL NOW, am thinking of porting my mtn line to airtel coz the current airtel am using i bought to text the network and i am pleased with wat i have seen so far. mtn we go part ways soon. tongue

How do I port?
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Gloriana27: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jinyjagz:
lie lie....you stream videos, download season films nd you expect 1.5gb to last 1month..my friend gerarahere abeg
. Sharrap what do you know are you sure you’re not mtn staff
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 01, 2018
ITbomb:
All dis half educated peeps sef.

I saw one the other day, she was like
She: MTN are thieves o, I can't browse again after 3 days
Me: but you dey watch Nigerian film on YouTube
She: yes nah but na one month subscription I did
Me: your MB don finish
She: How?
Me: angry
The rate at which mtn charge for data is alarming. The charging of year 2015 and 2017-2018 is different. As at 2015, it was better off than it is now. Back then I can watch a movie on YouTube for long than it is now. Even after restricting my data usuage , it still consumes more

1 Like

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by hyuga(m): 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2018
asuustrike2009:

The rate at which mtn charge for data is alarming. The charging of year 2015 and 2017-2018 is different. As at 2015, it was better off than it is now. Back then I can watch a movie on YouTube for long than it is now. Even after restricting my data usuage , it still consumes more
2015 video resolution and size then wasn't as high as now. YES MTN zaps data but what I do is adjust my data counter date to the day I purchase data and monitor how it's been used. Sometimes it's just the webpage we surf or size of items we download that has increased and MAY not be data zapping but then m not ruling out the zapping

1 Like

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Greatzeus(m): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
talut:
All of you claiming the data zaps faster than normal most likely don't turn off your data regularly. when you are not using your data the Android still uses it too run sum background process that are not necessary. The process Android OS in the screenshot sent uses a lot of data though it's a background process. There should be smtn zapping your data without you knowing. A data counter app can also be used to keep track of the data you use.
One more thing, most people forget about the uploading part of using data and consider downloading alone. Having the notion that downloading a file of 20mb should take 20mb form your data balance is so so wrong.
PS: I dislike it when I hear people complain about data zapping
The only sensible post so far, Nigerian youth are truly lazy, intellectually. There is no way you can subscribe for 1.5gb and use all the 1.5gb.When you browse,there is data download and data upload. Out of 1.5gb,about 1.3/1.35gb will be used by you for browsing/ downloading, while about 150 to 200 mb will be used as upload data.
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by ofhismercy(m): 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2020
Hi...
MTN CUG remains the best. For your MTN CUG LINE. I can be trusted with that.
You don't need to buy another MTN SIM. I mean you can still use your curent SIM. The package comes with unlimited talk time and message with another MTN number. Chat me up or call 07061365911.
Resellers also needed urgently and you will get your commission.
THANKS

DISCLAIMER: This is not a scam as we have our name and integrity to protect.

...........................CUG WORLD...............
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Nobody: 2:22am On Jan 27, 2020
They are criminals across boards!

Airtel scammed me twice in 4 days only to say 'we are sorry sir'

everything is wrong with the shihole!
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by adexbkw(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2020
INTERMAN:
The MTN monthly Data of 1Gb+ 500Mb is fake. it is not real. My data now finishes in less than two weeks. i did not use it finish.MTN duped me. I will urge everyone reading this to stop subscribing to MTN. Spread the news. We Nigerians are not foolish.

The rate at which your data finish depends on the rate at which you surf the internet/download files, you can't expect 1.5GB to last for a month, even if you are using social media only at least fb and WhatsApp will automatically download some files.

Anyways you can try using mtn welcome back at least it's cheaper.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Call Forwarding On Conditional / How Much Data Did You Use On Your Phone In July 2017? / Where Can I Send Free SMS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.