Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,476 members, 7,920,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 12:47 PM

Is Church For Fashion Or What? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Church For Fashion Or What? (731 Views)

Is Church Wedding Important? / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Church For Fashion Or What? by sochey(f): 11:23am On Sep 10, 2017
[color=#000000][/color] I don't understand the churches of nowadays. Everyone with their own different styles. Sometimes I wonder if church is meant for fashion or to serve and worship the lord. But so many people has turned it into a fashion show.
I was coming to church today and saw two women going to church as well. The other one was wearing a very high heel while the other was wearing something comfortable. Am sure they knew pretty well that the road was not that good, yet the other person wore that kind of shoe. Now reaching where the road was galloped and sloppy, the one with the high heel.. Started shouting; 'Oh my god, I can't work on that side. Oh shit and I didn't bring slippers.
The other woman was telling her to take it easy that she won't fall. I turned back and I didn't know whether to get angry or to laugh. I just turned back and noticed she wasn't even that fine.
I'm a girl quite alright but I prefer to wear what I can walk on and be comfortable with. Most people just have to understand somethings and stop the forming rubbish. If you want to go to church you go with your heart and not to pack make up full your face that it's even hard for you to laugh well. I'm not criticizing anyone but saying the truth
Christianity is not fashion but an experience. You learn and your life becomes different, not to complicate issues.
Some people will even act all weirdly excited inside the church but outside they are never of a good and cheerful spirit.
This is the reason why the young ones are misled and confused. Elders should watch it and not set a life of misery for the younger generations.
Re: Is Church For Fashion Or What? by sochey(f): 11:28am On Sep 10, 2017
Please I need y'all to talk on this disturbing issue.
Re: Is Church For Fashion Or What? by obyrich(m): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
sochey:
Please I need y'all to talk on this disturbing issue.
Tell me the name of your church so I know what to contribute.
Re: Is Church For Fashion Or What? by sochey(f): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2017
It's a Pentecostal church ....i don't really want to mention names wink
Re: Is Church For Fashion Or What? by Wilgrea7(m): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
most churches nowadays are about fashion or showing off.. its no longer about fellowship.. some go there to look for husbands .. girls etc.. its a wrong mentality.. it makes you wonder who they're trying to impress

1 Like

Re: Is Church For Fashion Or What? by sochey(f): 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
It's true... True talk sad
Re: Is Church For Fashion Or What? by Victornezzar: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
True talk Op
Re: Is Church For Fashion Or What? by skitkid2(m): 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
sochey:
[color=#000000][/color] I don't understand the churches of nowadays. Everyone with their own different styles. Sometimes I wonder if church is meant for fashion or to serve and worship the lord. But so many people has turned it into a fashion show.
I was coming to church today and saw two women going to church as well. The other one was wearing a very high heel while the other was wearing something comfortable. Am sure they knew pretty well that the road was not that good, yet the other person wore that kind of shoe. Now reaching where the road was galloped and sloppy, the one with the high heel.. Started shouting; 'Oh my god, I can't work on that side. Oh shit and I didn't bring slippers.
The other woman was telling her to take it easy that she won't fall. I turned back and I didn't know whether to get angry or to laugh. I just turned back and noticed she wasn't even that fine.
I'm a girl quite alright but I prefer to wear what I can walk on and be comfortable with. Most people just have to understand somethings and stop the forming rubbish. If you want to go to church you go with your heart and not to pack make up full your face that it's even hard for you to laugh well. I'm not criticizing anyone but saying the truth
Christianity is not fashion but an experience. You learn and your life becomes different, not to complicate issues.
Some people will even act all weirdly excited inside the church but outside they are never of a good and cheerful spirit.
This is the reason why the young ones are misled and confused. Elders should watch it and not set a life of misery for the younger generations.
What exactly is your point?

Its a free world.
Re: Is Church For Fashion Or What? by Daeylar(f): 1:04am On Sep 11, 2017
Your point is that people should go to church for the true reason of going to church and not to turn the church to a fashion show where they dress to show off,
That's true

However just adding this part below shows you as a mean, judgemental person

I was coming to church today and saw two women going to church as well. The other one was wearing a very high heel while the other was wearing something comfortable. Am sure they knew pretty well that the road was not that good, yet the other person wore that kind of shoe.
You are sure they knew, so how did you know?
Why is the shoe bothering you like this? How do you know that it was not comfortable for the girl? Some people are comfortable in heels

Now reaching where the road was galloped and sloppy, the one with the high heel.. Started shouting; 'Oh my god, I can't work on that side. Oh poo and I didn't bring slippers.
The other woman was telling her to take it easy that she won't fall.
I turned back and I didn't know whether to get angry or to laugh. I just turned back and noticed she wasn't even that fine

And you think you are better than them? undecided you saw someone wondering where to walk and you couldn't help, all you could think about was whether to laugh or get angry? undecided yet you think you are better than them
"noticed she wasn't even that fine" what does this statement even mean?

You're actually the one that needs to understand that some people can walk in and are comfortable with heels? undecided ,some even dance on heels,
It doesn't mean that they are "forming rubbish" they just prefer to wear heels

Everyone can't be like you, stop judging people by your own standards, everyone is different.

Maybe you should go to church with you heart and stop being excessively critical and judgemental of people just because they don't act they way you do and the way you expect the to. Just saying the truth

1 Like

Re: Is Church For Fashion Or What? by sochey(f): 9:28pm On Sep 11, 2017
Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School 19th November, 2017 / Faith In The Gospel Of Water And The Spirit Is The Orthodox Faith. / Yinka Oduwole, Girl Empowered By TB Joshua Bags Phd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.