Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,312 members, 7,881,142 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:15 PM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 10/9/17 A Test Of true Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 10/9/17 A Test Of true Faith (222 Views)

The Only True Faith Approved By God For Humanity / Using A Very Simple Wisdom To Recognize The Only True Faith Approved By God / Marriage List Of True Vine Power House Ministry, Warri To Intending Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 10/9/17 A Test Of true Faith by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Sunday, September 10, 2017

*Topic:* A TEST OF TRUE FAITH
*Read:* Hebrews 11:17-19

*MEMORISE:* _By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten son._ *(Hebrews 11:17)*

*EXPOSITION*
True faith is tested. A faith that cannot be tested cannot be trusted. True faith is tested, either by temptations within us or trials around us *(James 1:1-cool*. God tests us to bring out the best in us, but satan tempts us to bring out the worst in us. We can never grow in faith by running from difficulty, because tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope *(Romans 5:3-4)*. We can never successfully run away from trials, because God sees to it that His children learn the lessons of faith regardless of where they go.

In God's school of faith, we must have occasional tests. We will never know where we are, spiritually, until we are tested. Abraham had his share of tests, right from the beginning of his life. Here, he was told by God to go and offer his covenant son, Isaac. God's request from Abraham sounded unreasonable, because Isaac was Abraham's only promised son, and the future of the covenant rested on him. When God asked Abraham to offer his son, He was testing Abraham's faith to know how true it was.

Abraham believed that, even if God allowed him to slay his son, He could raise Isaac from the dead *(Hebrews 11:17-19)*. When God sends a trial to us, our first response is usually, Why, Lord? and then, why me? Right away, we want God to give us explanations. Faith does not demand explanations; faith obeys God's Word to the letter. One with no faith asks, How can I get out of this while the faithful asks, What can I get out of this. You have to be tested in order to be trusted by God. The only way to advance in the school of faith is to take examinations.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Lord, I refuse to be a failure in God's school of faith, in Jesus name
*2.* Lord, Strengthen my faith to see beyond my circumstances
*3.* Add more, Oh Lord, to the faith of the church leaders to be an example of success for their followers.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* 1 Kings 7-9

Remain Blessed!

(1) (Reply)

The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Let Us Praise God For What He Has Done For Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.