Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,912 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? (957 Views)

Revealed!!: See the living 'SAINTS' behind Jonathan on his road to success / Oshiomhole May Join Pdp….as LP, APGA Queue Behind Jonathan / Ohaneze Throws Its Weight Behind Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by SamMilla1(m): 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2010
Who exactly deployed Soldiers to the Airport during Yar 'adua's arrival without the knowledge of the the Commander-in-chief ?

Shouldnt someone loose his job and end up in jail for such insolence ?
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by RichyBlacK(m): 2:34pm On Feb 26, 2010
Very good question.

Jonathan is already being massively disrespected by the cabal of sit-tight kleptofools.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by nduchucks: 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Very good question.

Jonathan is already being massively disrespected by the cabal of sit-tight kleptofools.

Jonathan may be too weak to be Acting President. For some reason, I suspect that his inaction is due to some deals he's made with certain people.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by RichyBlacK(m): 2:54pm On Feb 26, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Jonathan may be too weak to be Acting President. For some reason, I suspect that his inaction is due to some deals he's made with certain people.

Deals to what end? Selling your constitutional right to fools can never be a deal.

Quote me, this disrespect will continue unless he does something to immediately stop it.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by Fhemmmy: 3:20pm On Feb 26, 2010
That is what happened when you are surrounded by people that are not loyal to you
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by Veritas09: 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Deals to what end? Selling your constitutional right to fools can never be a deal.

Quote me, this disrespect will continue unless he does something to immediately stop it.

Let's not even pretend that Goodluck has any agency here.

I am tired of people saying "Jonathan is responsible for X" and yet "Jonathan has no power over Y" all in the same breath. Nigerian politics is a circus, and you cannot affirm and disavow this at the same time.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2010
Veritas09:

Let's not even pretend that Goodluck has any agency here.

I am tired of people saying "Jonathan is responsible for X" and yet "Jonathan has no power over Y" all in the same breath. Nigerian politics is a circus, and you cannot affirm and disavow this at the same time.

true dat
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by SamMilla1(m): 4:02pm On Feb 26, 2010
I am still very interested in knowing who deployed the soldiers.
No name has surfaced here yet.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by Fhemmmy: 4:11pm On Feb 26, 2010
Sam Milla:

I am still very interested in knowing who deployed the soldiers.
No name has surfaced here yet.

Dont hold your breath . . . . In a nation where a whole vessel disappear overnight and nothing happened?
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2010
may be Major Gen. Abdulahi Mustapha and Lt General Abdurahman Dambazau
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by Fhemmmy: 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2010
mikeansy:

may be Major Gen. Abdulahi Mustapha and Lt General Abdurahman Dambazau

No one will ever know
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by vigasimple(m): 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2010
Nigeria is a country with diffrent dynamics at play.

Because of our history and exprience, without OBJ military background and being a former Military Deputy and later Head of State he will have been kicked out of office when he became Civilian President.

The military and those who controls them, mainly our brothers from the North are still doing things at the background, they hardly respect civilian authority not to talk of 'some southern kaferi' . The Nigerian military universal language is NOT English but HAUSA, that was confirmed when 'YAR A'DUA' or his clone phone to give interview to BBC Hausa RADIO SERVICE , as if that is the whole of Nigeria is basically Hausa.

The political establishment in the North did not immediately cry foul and see nothing wrong in that, will OBJ or any other Southern leader give interview to a Radio station and start speaking in Yoruba or Igbo, and the Army not threaten war.

For student of History, after the death of Aguyi Ironsi, the most senior Army Officer was a Yoruba man by the name Brigadier Ogundipe, he gave orders but he can't even get to command a battalion not to talk of the whole Army, and he resigned, that was the begining of civil war. Will history repeat itself?

Our Army as it is presently constituted are mostly loyal to Northerners, and that is the present challenge facing Goodluck Jonathan especailly that he does not have military background. This also happens to Shonekan.

Ultimately, the game plans as I see it will be to force Jonathan out, install by default David MarK ( a Northern Mnority christian who is ex Military) who then call election, then another Northerner becomes President with SS or SE as VP)

I see a in-law of Yar adua or another pally of Yar A'dua family becoming President and Ibori becoming VP that is why Turai is being used to orchestrate all of this before they take off Yar A'dua life support.

TURAI YAR A'DUA AND SOME ELEMENT IN THE ARMY DEPLOY THE SOLDIERS TO INTIMIDATE JONATHAN AND CAUSE CONFUSION, UNFORTUNATELY DAMBAZU IS COMPROMISED

Nigeria in my eyes is back to where we are before Jonathan was made Acting President by Act of Parliament, very shakey and on life support. Jonthan at present is the C-I-C and Yar A'dua has no legal authority whatsoever at this point, but he has the backing of the Military because he is a northernern.

My view is that the North may inadvertently sealed their own fate if they allow kicking out Jonathan or a military coup to happen, and they will checkmate themselves, and that will be the end of Nigeria, NO MORE OIL MONEY.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by OYBMEND: 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2010
The composition of the Army does not mean much to me
What I do know is that treatment of Jonathan in the last 3 months has put an indellible hole to the Northen claaim for wanting ONE Nigeria. Is it not clear that it is now the case that One Nigeria was simply an empty propaganda to sustain their hegemony.

A one nigeria where an ijaw man is a lesser nigerian than a hausa/fulani man
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Feb 26, 2010
OYB_MEND:

The composition of the Army does not mean much to me
What I do know is that treatment of Jonathan in the last 3 months has put an indellible hole to the Northen claaim for wanting ONE Nigeria. Is it not clear that it is now the case that One Nigeria was simply an empty propaganda to sustain their hegemony.

A one nigeria where an ijaw man is a lesser nigerian than a hausa/fulani man

What has been done to show that?
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by egift(m): 6:08pm On Feb 26, 2010
Fhemmmy:

What has been done to show that?
Am surprised you asked that? But to help you out - What do you think will be the case it Jonathan was sick like Yar'Adua and Yar'Adua is the one being played this way?

Am sure heads will be rolling in the first month.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by Fhemmmy: 6:18pm On Feb 26, 2010
egift:

Am surprised you asked that? But to help you out - What do you think will be the case it Jonathan was sick like Yar'Adua and Yar'Adua is the one being played this way?

Am sure heads will be rolling in the first month.

Yaradua and Jonathan are all PDP Members and they all agreed that It is North's turn to rule for 8 years and they are yet to fulfill that.
Jonathan was given the opportunity to lead and so far, he is yet to show that he has the balls to lead, common, it does not take special brain to know that he is surrounded by loyalist of Yaradua, so he could have replaced them all fast with his own people.
So this is not an attack on Jonathan, but lack of action of Jonathan's behalf.
Imagine Ojukwu right now as the VP to yaradua, i am sure, he would have done something.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by heilige(m): 11:46pm On Feb 26, 2010
Goodluck seems to be too weak. He should resign and hand over to Mark.
Goodluck go back to niger delta. You are to weak for Abuja.
Abuja needs men with balls
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by DGovernor2: 2:54am On Feb 27, 2010
Yar Adua's ADC deployed the troops
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by EzeUche(m): 4:00am On Feb 27, 2010
Never send an Ijaw man to do an Igbo man's business. grin

Just joking, but the North is on "thin ice."
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by becomricch: 4:45am On Feb 27, 2010
so if someone deploy troope, it should not matter. Yar adua is a citizen of nigeria and nobody should stop him from entering into nigeria. and officially troope should be at the airport. Jonathan does not need to know. Even if the senate president is going out he does not need the president permit. so who care who deploy troope. He is in nigerian. you have a problem. We remove our people and make them majority.

who deploy troope is only doing his job. the only problem is there is only mistrust.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by SamMilla1(m): 11:47am On Feb 27, 2010
becomricch:

so if someone deploy troope, it should not matter. Yar adua is a citizen of nigeria and nobody should stop him from entering into nigeria. and officially troope should be at the airport. Jonathan does not need to know. Even if the senate president is going out he does not need the president permit. so who care who deploy troope. He is in nigerian. you have a problem. We remove our people and make them majority.

who deploy troope is only doing his job. the only problem is there is only mistrust.

Are you ok sir ?

What is the meaning of Commander in Chief if anybody can just deploy his Army ?
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by jesuseun1(m): 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2010
yar adua national security officer has a lot to play in what is goin on now,he must hav deploy those soldiers to d airport.Jonathan need to act now,he need to do some shake up or else,he might hav a smooth atmosphere to rule.some top officers are still seeing him as VP and not as A.P.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by MrCrackles(m): 12:19pm On Feb 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

And in addition, he is just not capable. . .
Serious question here - Is Jonathan competent?
Is he a leader?
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by jesuseun1(m): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2010
i dont think he has prepare to be the president,i dont think becoming a president is not by accident,i dont think he has his manifestos,if he has ,this is d best tyme he should execute them.he should bring pple,i mean his joker ,d technocrat in that can mak things happen.

if turai refuse him seeing yaradua,he should shun them and carry on his duties and move d nation 4ward.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by MrCrackles(m): 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2010
jesu seun:

i dont think he has prepare to be the president,i dont think becoming a president is not by accident,i dont think he has his manifestos,if he has ,this is d best tyme he should execute them.he should bring pple,i mean his joker ,d technocrat in that can mak things happen.

if turai refuse him seeing yaradua,he should shun them and carry on his duties and move d nation 4ward.
Can he perform the duties expected of a president/head of state competently?
Can he move the nation forward?
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by Seun(m): 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2010
The problem is that there is no problem. Nothing of substance is in any form of danger. Just relax.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by jesuseun1(m): 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2010
unless he carry out a major shake up,those pple will still be seeing him as the V.P and not as AP.I wonder why he has not given a broadcast since thay said yaradua has arrive,every one is not sure what and what happen that nite.he need to address d nation.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by ReachRich(m): 1:01pm On Feb 27, 2010
Nigeria is a very confused man that needs serious prayers.
Re: Who Deployed Soldiers Behind Jonathan ? by SapeleGuy: 1:06pm On Feb 27, 2010
Nairaland too funny.

On what policy are you people judging Goodlucks capability or competence?

Or do you people think strength and wisdom is behaving like ex VP Otiku?

On the subject of manifestos apart from the first republic guys like Awo, Zik, Okotie - Eboh, Balewa etc which other generation has successfully implemented manifesto pledges?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian President Yaradua Has One Month To Live / Internet Video: Muslims Must Rise Up In Nigeria / Man Robs Family, despoils Three Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.