Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,166 members, 7,880,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:32 PM

Telegram Raises Group Members Limit To 20k - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telegram Raises Group Members Limit To 20k (1864 Views)

Banks Reducing Their International Spending Limit To $100 Is Just Ridiculous / Who Noticed Airtel Has Started Putting Limit To Night Browsing?. / Whatsapp Introduces Search Group Members To Its Latest Update- (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telegram Raises Group Members Limit To 20k by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2017
Telegram messenger,the closest and fiercely competitive rival to WhatsApp have decided to up their game again by adding a more robust group feature.

Ever since it's inception in 2013,it has witnessed incredible growth.It stands out as the "best" messenger and offers modern, sophisticated and Superior technology in messaging.Many of which include the ability to edit previously sent messages,unsend messages,large file sharing capabilities (1.5GB per file), unlimited cloud storage for it's users, artificial intelligence (bots),20k group size limit amongst others.

The group size limit was formerly 10k,but now it has been doubled.I think this is a welcome news to those who are still creating multiple WhatsApp groups that can only accommodate 256 members.

Finally,it has also added a feature that makes you see your non-telegram contacts and the number of contacts they have that are on telegram.
Read more at their official website;
http://telegram.org
Re: Telegram Raises Group Members Limit To 20k by encryptjay(m): 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
It's great for information dissemination but following posts from a group with 20k members? Clears throat.
Telegram is the perfect chat app though.
Re: Telegram Raises Group Members Limit To 20k by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
encryptjay:
It's great for information dissemination but following posts from a group with 20k members? Clears throat.
Telegram is the perfect chat app though.
You can mute the group to avoid too much notifications,however you will be alerted when someone quotes you
Re: Telegram Raises Group Members Limit To 20k by encryptjay(m): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

You can mute the group to avoid too much notifications,however you will be alerted when someone quotes you
Not even notification, I'd be tempted to skim through which is something that's gonna take my time. imagine reading messages from five thousand active members grin
Re: Telegram Raises Group Members Limit To 20k by Nobody: 3:49am On Sep 13, 2017
encryptjay:

Not even notification, I'd be tempted to skim through which is something that's gonna take my time. imagine reading messages from five thousand active members grin
You don't need all the messsges
Re: Telegram Raises Group Members Limit To 20k by hanassholesolo: 6:44am On Sep 13, 2017
How does Telegram make money since everything they offer is free??
Re: Telegram Raises Group Members Limit To 20k by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 14, 2017
It is not profit oriented

(1) (Reply)

Samsung S7 Edge For Sale / Subsidy On Infinix Note 4 /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.