Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,285 members, 7,920,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 06:42 PM

Interview Questions: Help A Brother ! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Interview Questions: Help A Brother ! (769 Views)

All Job Interview Questions/answers Covered - Get The Free Ebook / Please Help Me Answer These 2 Questions: Help Me Out / 50 Interview Questions/answers That Will Help You Succeed In That Interview. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interview Questions: Help A Brother ! by Epsulom: 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2010
Hello guys,
Please I need your help! I have been invited to job interviews by HSBC and PWC here in the UK. I am fresh from Naija and I have never attended a job interview in my life. I have a sample of the sorts of questions that they ask, but I dont know how to approach some of them. I want experienced people (especially those in the UK and those in similar firms) to guide me.
Here are some of the questions that they asked in the past. You can answer any of the questions that you think you know best.

CITI:

Tell me about yourself

What do you think would be a good investment given a 2 to 3 year outlook in the current financial markets?

Why banking?

Why investment banking?
Give an example of an occasion where you solved a complex problem.

Give an example where you held a different view to the rest of your team.

How did you react when someone asked you to do something you didn't agree with?

Give an example of a time when you used your creativity to solve a problem.

What makes a good leader in your opinion?

Give an example of a time when you succeeded in doing something where others failed.

Why should we hire you?

Describe a situation when you had a problem with a team-mate.

What actions did you take?

Describe a situation when you had to work in a group of unfamiliar people. What did you do to get to know each other?

What is the current situation in the sector and what Citi does about it?

Describe a situation when you had to do some work under pressure.

How did you organise yourself?

Would you do something different if you had a second chance?

Describe a situation when you had to share your experience to a fresh-comer. How did you go about it?

Describe a situation (project) when you had to get the information from a variety of resources. How did you manage it?

What are your five weaknesses?

What are your strengths?

Thing you are most proud of?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?

WOW, The ones from HSBC's enough for now. I will post the ones from PWC in another thread.
Please help me. I need all the help that I can get. As a Nigerian, I need to really impress these guys before they can give me any consideration.
Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Interview Questions: Help A Brother ! by fliptopp: 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2010

(1) (Reply)

What To Consider - Job Satisfaction Or Financial Reward? / Urgent Please : Aa Group / Help! I Need Industrial Training Placement In Any Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.