Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,199 members, 7,873,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:36 PM

A Practical Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Practical Christian (258 Views)

The Threat Against Christians And Churches: A Practical Solution / Practical Christian Witnessing / "Practical Holiness" : Your Fast Track For Setting Aside Grace - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Practical Christian by BasseyNsa(m): 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2017
A preacher was transferred to a local Church from a distant town. Some weeks after his arrival, he had an appointment that made him to board a bus to another part of the town. When he sat down, he discovered that the drive had mistakenly given him his balance in excess of 50 naira.

As he considered what to do, he though within him, "You’d better give this money back. It would be wrong to keep it."
Then another thought came, "Oh, forget it, it’s only 50 naira; who would worry about this little amount, after all, the bus company makes so much money fares; they will never miss it. Accept it as a gift from God and keep quiet."

However, when this preacher was alighting from the bus, he paused momentarily at the door, and then handed the 50 naira to the driver and said: "Take! The balance you gave me was over." The driver with a smile, replied, "are you the new preacher in town?" "Yes I am" he replied. "Well, I have been thinking a lot lately about where to go and worship. I just wanted to see what you would do if I give you balance in excess. I’ll worship with you at the Church this Sunday. When the preacher stepped off the bus, he grabbed a nearby pole, looking up and said, "Oh God, I almost sold Your son for 50 naira."

Beloved, our lifestyles are the only Bible some people will ever read. This is just a subtle example of how much people watch us as Christians, and will put us to test!

Being a Christian is being like Jesus, hence Christlike. So many of us who profess be Christians, never is like Christ. You steal, lie, deceive, fornicate, lust and practice all manner of unrighteousness; conforming with the worldly system, yet you called yourself "Christian"but these ain't things Jesus did.

So many of us hear the gospel and never allow it to do the necessary change in us. We go to church the same and come out the same. You are just the hearer and not the doer. The command is be ye the hearer and also the doer.

It's time to make that necessary change and let those around us see Christ in us. Always be on guard and remember that you carry the name of Christ on your forehead and shoulders once you call yourself a Christian. God bless you!

(1) (Reply)

Who Is GOD Almighty? / WOGEO- Akoko-Edo Liberation Crusade / The Ground Is Not For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.