Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,170 members, 7,880,658 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:01 AM

Does Mobile Phone Addiction Exists - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Does Mobile Phone Addiction Exists (515 Views)

IGBOPHOBIA EXISTS | The Igbo Hate Is Real. / OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? / Black Slavery Exists Today In Muslim-dominated African Nations, But No One Cares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Mobile Phone Addiction Exists by biolagaga: 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2017
This question goes to us, does mobile phone addiction exists? Now let’s answer your question through this article.
We have all have that feeling, when our phone buzzes, even when we are in an important conversation with a friend, we tend and know what’s happening. Since the arrival of the mobile phone there have been addiction to the internet, shopping online, internet sex and many others. I can boldly say that 40% of the population cannot do without their mobile phones or rather their smartphones. We call this NOMOPHOBIA, fear of being without your phone.

Many individuals have taken the phone to become not just an object but also a friend, many suffered from anxiety if they lose their phone for a little period of time. 80% of all the tasks we do today are carried out with our phones, times have changed that we basically can’t let go of our phones, you check your phone at the dinner table, take it to the toilet, while watching a movie, you constantly check for updates while some even check while driving.

Mobile phone addiction has really become a thing of the day, now let me break your heart a little; lots of you will directly argue with me about this, some of us still text while having sex with our partner in the bedroom, some of us stil text in the shower.

Now let’s go down to this, there can be lack of connection between you and your phone, this can be as a result of no battery, or even losing your phone which is the worst part of all. Am going to list a few symptoms of mobile phone addiction.

Ø POOR GRADES IN SCHOOL: Recently, it shows that students are no longer attentive in class, due to the use of mobile phones. They find it hard to pay attention to lectures or even read their books, all they want to do is check what’s happening online. Due to all these, students have poor grades in school.

Ø Another symptom of mobile phone addiction is constantly checking your phone for text, new notification and the feeling to respond immediately.

Ø You feel somehow, whenever you do not have your phone with you. Often times it happens to 60% of us, whenever our phone is not in our possession.

If you constantly have or feel all these symptoms, then you are really addicted to your mobile phones.
There are actually some basic things that can help you out in mobile phone addictions, although it will not discussed in this article. There are actually some damages phone addiction would cause us, especially when driving and texting, this is even worse than drunk driving, this causes more harm than good. I would strongly advise that we should try and limit the use of our mobile phones, it would really help us a lot.

Source: http://www.geek212.tk/2017/09/does-mobile-phone-addiction-exists.html?m=1

Re: Does Mobile Phone Addiction Exists by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 13, 2017
I'm sure it does.

(1) (Reply)

Why Does All This So Called Church People Wierd / Must-see Historical Buildings When You Travel Around Nigeria / Am I OK To Cut This Friendship Off Or Am I Over-reacting? *serious Answers Only*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.