Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,248 members, 7,939,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:32 PM

Is Religion A Factor When Chosen A Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Religion A Factor When Chosen A Wife? (636 Views)

Should Sex Drive Also Be A Major Factor When Considering Compatibility/Marriage? / Ladies And Their Hypocrisy...the Davido And Wizkid Factor / Am I Suppose To Consider My Family When Chosen A Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Religion A Factor When Chosen A Wife? by slayminder(m): 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
I know that Quran preach against interfaith marriage. it says

[… Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise ] (Al-Baqarah 2: 221).

I'm a proud Christian and have been dating my Muslim girlfriend for two years now. I wish to marry her because she has everything I want in a woman, I received a text message from her that we need to see. I took my shirt and I went to her house, when I got to her house she told me that her sister is complaining of our religion that we are not compatible, I was so broken because I don't want to loose her. her family knows me very well but I don't think they know I'm a Christian. I don't know what to do, i have been thinking about all this too, like 1)WHAT RELIGIOUS WILL THE CHILDREN PRACTICE, 2) WHICH RELIGIOUS NAME WILL THEY ANSWER.
I just want to wait for the time to come first, have been asking my self since yesterday is religion a factor in marriage and how can I keep her, I really love her

N:B. my family is not against us, once I'm happy with her dey are also happy.

2) I promise her if we get married she won't convert to Christian because I believe we are both serving the same God

Pls advise
Re: Is Religion A Factor When Chosen A Wife? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2017
Yes, religion is a factor to consider in choosing a wife.Islam and Christians are not serving the same God, don't be deceived.
"Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, 'I will dwell in them and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate,' says the Lord. 'And do not touch what is unclean; And I will welcome you. And I will be a Father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to Me,' Says the Lord Almighty." (2 Corinthians 6:14-18).
Re: Is Religion A Factor When Chosen A Wife? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2017
As for me its a factor.
I wont do that... dont want confused kids except i am ready to follow my spouse..
Re: Is Religion A Factor When Chosen A Wife? by sarahade(f): 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2017
Religious psychos.
So where do you people put love which is the first and greatest commandment of every Christian.

And the religion of peace without love.

Hell is waiting for you all.
Re: Is Religion A Factor When Chosen A Wife? by yomi007k(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2017

Religion is a factor.

Religion causes division just like tribalism, hence africa will never unite nor progress.

1 Like

Re: Is Religion A Factor When Chosen A Wife? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 13, 2017
its common more with Muslims than christians
Re: Is Religion A Factor When Chosen A Wife? by adajoe555: 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2017
Yes it is
Re: Is Religion A Factor When Chosen A Wife? by alfalfaking: 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2017
Re: Is Religion A Factor When Chosen A Wife? by babyfaceafrica: 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2017
Yes and no....someone like mW don't care about her religion.. Some people do

(1) (Reply)

If / Women Do Not Want Godly Men, They Just Want Clones - Twitter User Says / Warning To All Romancelanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.