Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,018 members, 7,896,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:24 AM

Jonathan, Keeping A Low Profile Is A Brilliant Idea - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Keeping A Low Profile Is A Brilliant Idea (1837 Views)

Why Delta's Debt Profile Is Low, By Obiago / Stella Oduah Keeps Low Profile In Israel / Why Lagos State Nigeria’s Debt Profile Is Huge – Bola Tinubu’ Fraud & Massive Lo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Keeping A Low Profile Is A Brilliant Idea by Gbawe: 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2010
mbulela:

on the basis of the phrase in bold, i give up.
posterity will judge whose argument is derived from a beer parlour.

Excellent conclusion. If some folks want to conclude that cowardice , indecisiveness and leadership ineptitude translates into "patience" and "tactical dexterity" that is fine. With time Nigerians came to realise that saying nothing was not an indication that Nigeria had gained a silent achiever in Yar Adua. The man simply did not talk much because he was totally clueless !!!!!

Jonathan may not be as clueless as UMY but I boldly predict that his weak mien and lack of politcal sagacity will ensure that he will always be bullied away from doing what is best for Nigeria. Let those who enjoy fantasies continue to believe otherwise.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/front-page-articles/418-why-turai-kitchen-cabinet-take-jonathan-for-granted.html

Why Turai, kitchen cabinet take Jonathan for granted

Written by Donald Ojogo, Bureau Chief, South-South

The seeming test of wits between the Acting President, Goodluck Jonathan and members of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua's kitchen cabinet led by the First Lady, Turai, has more to do with the latter's perception that Jonathan is weak, lacking a strong political base and sagacity,  Sunday Tribune investigation has revealed.

'But then, no one makes such political moves against a man in authority if he is assertive, they see him as not being assertive and believe no one, apart from his kinsmen led by the repected Elder Edwin Clark, can put his chest out for Jonathan.

But to a former military intelligence chief, last Wednesday's drama was a test of Jonathan's authority.

"As far as I am concerned, as an intelligence expert, Jonathan was beaten to the game; it tells a lot about the acceptability or otherwise of the man in the security and intelligence circles. What happened on Wednesady is a very dangerous signal for Jonathan that he has to put his house in order because if he did not know how troops were moved out from their formations to the airport, it means a lot of things have to be done by the man to assert himself; it means he has no infiltrators in the ranks of the cabal even as the chief security officer of the country.

Re: Jonathan, Keeping A Low Profile Is A Brilliant Idea by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2010
Punkinmusty:

u can sprinkle him som water to wake him up if u dont mind.
Re: Jonathan, Keeping A Low Profile Is A Brilliant Idea by Gbawe: 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2010
Even as no name is mentioned below, I think the "former Governor" speaking about Jonathan is Donald Duke.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/front-page-articles/418-why-turai-kitchen-cabinet-take-jonathan-for-granted.html

Some prominent politicians from the South-South zone who spoke with Sunday Tribune have challenged Jonathan to look more inwards for support and look for means of asserting his authority rather than allowing the current political situation to continue.

They include a former governor, three senators and a retired army general of South-South origin on Friday.

But according to the former governor who was touted as a running mate to Yar'adua prior to the emergence of Jonathan in 2007, the power game in the presidency is purely a 'game of survival by a group'. He nonetheless, decried the disrespect the kitchen cabinet has for Jonathan.

"People are just watching the power game that is on in the presidency, but it is not in the interest of this country, nor is it in the interest of democracy. I have said all I wanted to say on the issue. Those who call themselves kitchen cabinet or whatever you people in the media call them. Are not fighting for Yar'Adua, they are merely fighting for their pockets; it is a game of survival by the group.

'But then, no one makes such political moves against a man in authority if he is assertive, they see him as not being assertive and believe no one, apart from his kinsmen led by the repected Elder Edwin Clark, can put his chest out for Jonathan.
"But how far can that old man go when it comes to real politicking and the Nigerian method, of course.

Re: Jonathan, Keeping A Low Profile Is A Brilliant Idea by Beaf: 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2010
Gbawe:

Excellent conclusion. If some folks want to conclude that cowardice , indecisiveness and leadership ineptitude translates into "patience" and "tactical dexterity" that is fine. With time Nigerians came to realise that saying nothing was not an indication that Nigeria had gained a silent achiever in Yar Adua. The man simply did not talk much because he was totally clueless !!!!!

Jonathan may not be as clueless as UMY but I boldly predict that his weak mien and lack of politcal sagacity will ensure that he will always be bullied away from doing what is best for Nigeria. Let those who enjoy fantasies continue to believe otherwise.

Beer palour oracles and foot mats of David Mark don full NL. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He is our leader and there is little you can do about foisting your beloved David Mark into that position. Is he not the same person that connived with Bankole (staged quarrel over budget presentation, just before Yar Aduas exit) to kick of this whole Turai saga?

It is left for us to support him, while he builds a base. Even the legendary OBJ stated very very shakily.

. . .Beer palour peeps sha. embarassed
I would rather wait a couple of months to form a firm opinion, rather than drawing conclusions from the way rain falls on a wall you can't, for the life of you, peep over.

Know when to conquer yourself. . .
Re: Jonathan, Keeping A Low Profile Is A Brilliant Idea by Gbawe: 1:07pm On Feb 28, 2010
Beaf:

Beer palour oracles and foot mats of David Mark don full NL. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He is our leader and[b] there is little you can do about foisting your beloved David Mark into that position.[/b] Is he not the same person that connived with Bankole (staged quarrel over budget presentation, just before Yar Aduas exit) to kick of this whole Turai saga?

My friend I have spoken about David Marks corrupt and compromised nature many times so please desist from peddling falsehood. Deep down you are not democratic and this shows in your writing. Even as I am not a fan of Jonathan I joined protestors in London to insist that power is handed over to him because , constitutionally and regardless of my own personal opinion , Jonathan is next in line. Whatever strenghtens our democracy is to be encouraged  . Our personal opinion must take a back seat to the consideration of total respect for our constitution. Not so in your case.

My point is that many , following[b] the provisions of the Nigerian constitution[/b], will clamour for David Mark to take over if Jonathan continues to lead abysmally !!! How do you fail to get that if not because you lack objectivity when your position is criticised? To make matters worse , and in display of your biased interpretation of democracy, you have not failed to stop attacking Mark in a clear demonstration of how you do not wish to recognise that the Senate President , according to the constitution,will take over from Jonathan if many leaders conclude that the acting president is too inept to be left in charge !!!

If Jonathan continues to put the national security and democratic existence of this nation at risk many will conclude that he should be replaced with whoever is next in line - especially if that person has been acting far more authoritatively than Jonathan of late  !!! Simple !!! You just don't get it because you lack pragmatism and objectivity.
Re: Jonathan, Keeping A Low Profile Is A Brilliant Idea by Beaf: 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2010
Gbawe:

My friend I have spoken about David Marks corrupt and compromised nature many times so please desist from peddling falsehood. Deep down you are not democratic and this shows in your writing. Even as I am not a fan of Jonathan I joined protestors in London to insist that power is handed over to him because , constitutionally and regardless of my own personal opinion , Jonathan is next in line. Whatever strenghtens our democracy is to be encouraged  . Our personal opinion must take a back seat to the consideration of total respect for our constitution. Not so in your case.

[size=14pt]My point is that many , following[b] the provisions of the Nigerian constitution[/b], will clamour for David Mark [/size] to take over if Jonathan continues to lead abysmally !!! How do you fail to get that if not because you lack objectivity when your position is criticised? To make matters worse , and in display of your biased interpretation of democracy, you have not failed to stop attacking Mark in a clear demonstration of how you do not wish to recognise that the Senate President , according to the constitution,will take over from Jonathan if many leaders conclude that the acting president is too inept to be left in charge !!!

If Jonathan continues to put the national security and democratic existence of this nation at risk many will conclude that he should be replaced with whoever is next in line - especially if that person has been acting far more authoritatively than Jonathan of late  !!! Simple !!! You just don't get it because you lack pragmatism and objectivity.

Fail.

You're a funny David Mark lover. You can't even hide that with all your sophistry. Stop the campaign, it is already stillborn, dead before birth; your hero, David Mark planned this whole Turai saga with Bankole and the cabal. Not only did he kick it off with the fake argument he had with Bankole (paving the way for Yar Adua’s disappearance and the “signing” of the supplementary budget), he also shut down all discussion in the senate until Dora’s famous memo punctured the cabals balloon (God bless her). We don't have short memories.

Rooting for David Mark under any guise is at best infantile. Worship David Mark all you want but. . .

Re: Jonathan, Keeping A Low Profile Is A Brilliant Idea by Gbawe: 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2010
Beaf:

Fail.

You're a funny David Mark lover. You can't even hide that with all your sophistry. Stop the campaign, it is already stillborn, dead before birth; your hero, David Mark planned this whole Turai saga with Bankole and the cabal. Not only did he kick it off with the fake argument he had with Bankole (paving the way for Yar Adua’s disappearance and the “signing” of the supplementary budget), he also shut down all discussion in the senate until Dora’s famous memo punctured the cabals balloon (God bless her). We don't have short memories.

Rooting for David Mark under any guise is at best infantile. Worship David Mark all you want but. . .

Pointless carrying on a conversation with you if you are going to be this childish and decietfully mischievous. I have never been a supporter of David Mark as I know his history too well. I have called him an anti-people politician on this forum because of his elitist utterance in the past ,while Minister of communication, that "telephone is not for ordinary Nigerians".

Nonetheless folks will back Mark if Jonathan , through inaction, continue to endanger Nigeria's democracy!! For example take Mikeansy. He is one of the politically savvy posters on Nairaland IMO. He has stated that "If Jonathan cannot lead he should step down for David Mark". Does that statement make Mikeansy a "funny David Mark lover" or does it make him a Nigerian , like many others, who are increasingly beginning to think, even after backing Jonathan, that the acting President should consider stepping down for the next in line if he is incapable of dealing decisively with those who continue to defy him to the detriment of our nations democracy and National security?
Re: Jonathan, Keeping A Low Profile Is A Brilliant Idea by Beaf: 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2010
^
The thing with some Nigerians is that when they look in the mirror, they decieve themselves that the reflection they see is not theirs.
Nigeria is a country that isn't founded on deep thought. We budge this and fudge that, shout, fight, cuss and end up behind the spot we started from. What is required reight now are people who can think us out of the chaotic soup we have chosen to exist in; out of this wretched place where agbero methods reign supreme.

People like you, with your lopsided reasoning, created the country whose miriad obstacle courses, Jonathan (a Southern minority) now has to navigate; but of course, you can't even see beyond your nose and insist on advocating dangerous rubbish in an already overheated polity. David Mark will never rule Nigeria.

Lets allow Jonathan build his support base (he came in with none). He is the same person that sacked every single Alams supporter and overturned Alams policies in Bayelsa when he took over. Except, we have ulterior motives, we have to give him time.
He can only be judged in primary areas like electoral reform, power generation and fuel supply; things that he obviously couldn't have achieved in the past two very turbulent weeks he has been acting president. So whats your game?

If Jonathan is looking like messing up, I will be the first and earliest to scream. Relax and lets make sure he chooses progressive people to rebuild the country from scratch in North, South, East and West; the whole country is crying out for help.
Re: Jonathan, Keeping A Low Profile Is A Brilliant Idea by Gbawe: 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2010
Beaf:

David Mark will never rule Nigeria.

You keep digging yourself further into your self-created hole of anti-democracy and intolerance. What is causing Nigeria's main headache right now if not the intolerant and lawless antic of folks who have decided to defy the Nigerian constitution to announce that "Jonathan will never rule Nigeria" , similar to your own ridiculous rant above !!!!

My friend , regardless of what you and I think of Mark, the Senate President will become acting President if the President or vice President , for any reasons, are unavailable. According to you "people like me created the problems of Nigeria" yet folks like you who want to apply the rule of law arbitrarily and dangerously are somehow the custodian of wisdom !!! Your logic is amusingly questionable to say the least.
Re: Jonathan, Keeping A Low Profile Is A Brilliant Idea by Beaf: 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2010
^
How exactly will Jonathan become "unavailable"? Because right now he isn't.
Forget the David Mark nonsense, you don't even know if his job is safe; he is a solid part of the Yar Adua mess. You might as well extend the chain beyond David Mark; see how long and untenable it gets.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Weed Be Legalize? / Ibori's Associates Sentenced To 21 Years In Prison ! / Directors Reject Head Of Service’s Assessment Test- We Rather Be Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.