Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,144 members, 7,883,975 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:17 PM

Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? (7159 Views)

Poll: Which one suits you best for marriage:

Nigerian raised abroad.: 11% (12 votes)
Nigerian raised at home.: 24% (27 votes)
Nigerian raised mostly abroad and partly at home.: 18% (20 votes)
Nigerian raised mostly at home and partly abroad.: 45% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by berrye(f): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2006
I prefer a nigerian who was brought up abroad most of the time becos they do not go by the 'nigerian factor' but know about our nation and what is going on in the country.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by jojoe2000(m): 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2006
i prefer a 9ja gal raised more at home than abroad.for 1 she will have a good touch of home.how to to treat her man puttin culture into place.at the same time she has a broad veiw of life aside home.bin exposed to the outside world
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 11, 2007
As a girl I'd prefer a Nigerian guy who was raised over here!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by iice(f): 11:36am On Feb 11, 2007
Neither. . .i find both with the same qualities most often. The compatibility factor is the cinch.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Douzy(m): 12:02pm On Feb 11, 2007
I would prefer one that has both orientations. However, I'm likely to choose one that was completely raised here over one that was completely raised o'er there, being the Certified Village Boi that I am. grin Nevertheless, like iice said, compatibility would be the crucial factor, and one may never know from what quarters it might come with such disarming tenacity.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Easyy(m): 4:03pm On Feb 11, 2007
I'd always chose a Nigerian bred girl over am american or british bred girl
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by GNature(m): 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2007
It really doesn't matter to me.

The only thing is, a woman raised at home (or that has atleast lived there before) is more likely to embrace our culture better, and I do cherish our culture.

But a lady can be raised at home and still be completely incompatible with me on all possible realms.

So, at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by PTBNaija(f): 5:41pm On Feb 11, 2007
I definitely want a guy with a bit of both, and it doesn't matter which is more. I just want someone that has been exposed to other ideas and might think similarly than I do. But I could marry a guy that was born and raised in Nigeria, as long as he doesn't have some crazy ways of thinking.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2007
I dont think it matters, so long as she still maintains her nigerian identity and speaks yoruba!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2007
i dont think it matters too as long as the person still had strong ties to Nigeria and dont try to be fake
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:01pm On Feb 11, 2007
Speaking Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba is a pre-requisite. Also she must possess a ph.D and be from back home grin.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by GNature(m): 8:03pm On Feb 11, 2007
Na waaa ooh grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 11, 2007
Jos, you have too many prerequisites.
I used to say she must be a medic too like my mum. i since dropped that criteria.
Nigerians who have lost all sense of identity with the toils of Africa are probably worse racists than white americans themselves.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2007
I don't get your last sentence David, can you elaborate for moi?
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by 4Play(m): 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2007
JosBoy4Lif:

Speaking Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba is a pre-requisite. Also she must possess a ph.D and be from back home grin.

Sounds like a job description
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2007
grin, you have to aim big, that way if you get dissapointed than you settle for Masters and Hausa and Yoruba. I demand success
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2007
grin thats funny
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:20pm On Feb 11, 2007
So which do you prefer stilettos? (where is our friend Jaybaby) grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2007
i prefer one from Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2007
Which part of Nigeria, or it doesnt matter to you?
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 8:26pm On Feb 11, 2007
don't matter to me
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:27pm On Feb 11, 2007
Thats good two thumbs upĀ  cool
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Uche2nna(m): 8:31pm On Feb 11, 2007
From the VILLAGE grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:36pm On Feb 11, 2007
Village girl when she come to N/A she go spoil rotten tongue
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Uche2nna(m): 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2007
Na U go spoil am? grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:39pm On Feb 11, 2007
No be ooo, na ma friend go do am grin grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 11, 2007
@ jos, i thot that was explanatory enough. Plenty of "Nigerians" here who look down on fellow Nigerian-born compatriots as having come from the jungle.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2007
ok, I get what your saying david, but am also from the bush grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2007
I tell them my house is a tree house and i dont wear clothes!
The funniest thing is when the really ugly ones tell me they can tell how africans look like. Like a skinny one i met in Dec who claims she could tell i was African because of a freak visit to Kenya!
On a good day my ex who has never been inside an aircraft before is 100x better!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 8:52pm On Feb 11, 2007
see what happens with ignorant people david? that is funny . tell them u dance around fires too grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2007
I swing on trees like tarzan, I was raised by ape's too
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2007
yeah lmao tell them they call you baboo and you guys all sleep in trees lmao. ppl have no clue sometimes grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Really Feel For This Girl (screen Shot) / Ladies Are Scum!!,see What This Lady Did[picture] / After Three Kids... I Dont Have Urge Fir Sex Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.