Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,123 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:11 AM

Job Versus Paul - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Job Versus Paul (588 Views)

Revival Tonic Daily Devotional : Anointing Versus Skills / The Mistake Of Israel/israelites Versus The Mistake Of The Church/christians / Dolapo Osinbajo, Bishop T.D. Jakes And Pastor Paul Adefarasin Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Versus Paul by lawani: 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2017
The question to be resolved is simple ' Is the almighty father God burning people in hell for unbelief or not?'. The Christians were peddling the tale in the 1st century and Paul Was among those commisioned by the Jews to put out the fire. He Was doing the job well putting out the fire of christian heresy that describes the almighty father God as an insane person until he himself was converted to christianity on the way to Damascus to confront some christians. Paul Was magically blinded by some christian force on his way to Damascus. He was blinded for three days and that was all it took for him to accept that our almighty father God is burning innocent people in hell for unbelief. Compare That to Job who would not change his mental image of God as a gentleman despite the tribulation he went through. Job was urged by his friend to curse God and die but he would not do so. He held on fast to his notion that God is a gentleman. One Of Paul And Job is an exemplary person that should be emulated and that is Job.
Re: Job Versus Paul by Kobojunkie: 12:17am On Feb 27
lawani:
The question to be resolved is simple ' Is the almighty father God burning people in hell for unbelief or not?'. The Christians were peddling the tale in the 1st century and Paul Was among those commisioned by the Jews to put out the fire. He Was doing the job well putting out the fire of christian heresy that describes the almighty father God as an insane person until he himself was converted to christianity on the way to Damascus to confront some christians. Paul Was magically blinded by some christian force on his way to Damascus. He was blinded for three days and that was all it took for him to accept that our almighty father God is burning innocent people in hell for unbelief. Compare That to Job who would not change his mental image of God as a gentleman despite the tribulation he went through. Job was urged by his friend to curse God and die but he would not do so. He held on fast to his notion that God is a gentleman. One Of Paul And Job is an exemplary person that should be emulated and that is Job.
Your judgments of each man aside, my question is where exactly did Jesus Christ command His followers to emulate others or each other? Where did the God of Israel call for any man to obey or do as another man has done? undecided
Re: Job Versus Paul by lawani: 6:48am On Feb 27
Kobojunkie:
Your judgments of each man aside, my question is where exactly did Jesus Christ command His followers to emulate others or each other? Where did the God of Israel call for any man to obey or do as another man has done? undecided

Jesus Christ is not an important person in history. He came to prominence under a new name centuries after his death. He was used
Re: Job Versus Paul by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Feb 27
lawani:
■ Jesus Christ is not an important person in history. He came to prominence under a new name centuries after his death. He was used
Huh? lipsrsealed
Re: Job Versus Paul by lawani: 4:53pm On Mar 12
Kobojunkie:

You are inferring that Jesus Christ did not found Christianity and that is correct. He did not open a single church. He was a kind of Jewish nationalist or racist that wants nothing to do with Gentiles. Christianity was founded by Paul as a laid back group but the Roman empire turned it into a monstrous tool of politics.
Re: Job Versus Paul by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Mar 12
lawani:
■ You are inferring that Jesus Christ did not found Christianity and that is correct. He did not open a single church. He was a kind of Jewish nationalist or racist that wants nothing to do with Gentiles.
■ Christianity was founded by Paul as a laid back group but the Roman empire turned it into a monstrous tool of politics
I am not inferring at all. I stated that Jesus Christ never did any such. There is no evidence for the many claims that He did any such. undecided

2. Christianity was not founded by Paul either. He simply wrote letters which were then hijacked by a pagan movement desperate for a political system with which to rule over the people of their time. The group of rogue Bishops, as I like to call them, had their cause legitimized by the Roman emperor Constantine, and so the world we have today was born. lipsrsealed
Re: Job Versus Paul by lawani: 5:13pm On Mar 12
Kobojunkie:
I am not inferring at all. I stated that Jesus Christ never did any such. There is no evidence for the many claims that He did any such. undecided

2. Christianity was not founded by Paul either. He simply wrote letters which were then hijacked by a pagan movement desperate for a political system with which to rule over the people of their time. The group of rogue Bishops, as I like to call them, had their cause legitimized by the Roman emperor Constantine, and so the world we have today was born. lipsrsealed

Apostle Paul founded something and that thing was a religion but not the type currently practiced. It is more similar to Jehovah witness. If he did not found it there would be no religion today
Re: Job Versus Paul by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Mar 12
lawani:
■ Apostle Paul founded something and that thing was a religion but not the type currently practiced. It is more similar to Jehovah witness. If he did not found it there would be no religion today
What I believe. Paul instead did was give his opinions on how issues should be handled among believers. Many of those opinions were not aligned with Jesus Christ but they were opinions nonetheless. There is no evidence to support the claim for Paul actually founding a religion or movement of his own though. So I don't believe it fair to consider Paul to blame for Christianity. undecided
Re: Job Versus Paul by lawani: 5:28pm On Mar 12
Kobojunkie:
What I believe. Paul instead did was give his opinions on how issues should be handled among believers. Many of those opinions were not aligned with Jesus Christ but they were opinions nonetheless. There is no evidence to support the claim for Paul actually founding a religion or movement of his own though. So I don't believe it fair to consider Paul to blame for Christianity. undecided

Prior to Paul nobody was saying a Hausa man died for the Yoruba and stuff like that. No one died willingly for anybody. You can die fighting though. If fire fell on mother and child, the mother will take Care of herself first
Re: Job Versus Paul by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Mar 12
lawani:
∆ Prior to Paul nobody was saying a Hausa man died for the Yoruba and stuff like that. No one died willingly for anybody. You can die fighting though. If fire fell on mother and child, the mother will take Care of herself first
What statement of Paul's are you referring to? Paul said Jesus Christ died for the Lost Sheep of Israel -- for the Jewish tribes as well as the other Gentile tribes of Israel. The assumption that Paul's particular mention of the gentiles applied to non-Israelites is not to be blamed on Paul though. That much I know. undecided
Re: Job Versus Paul by Lawag3: 11:06pm On Mar 12
Kobojunkie:
What statement of Paul's are you referring to? Paul said Jesus Christ died for the Lost Sheep of Israel -- for the Jewish tribes as well as the other Gentile tribes of Israel. The assumption that Paul's particular mention of the gentiles applied to non-Israelites is not to be blamed on Paul though. That much I know. undecided

The OP you're chatting with is clearly insane.

But I don't expect you to notice that.
Re: Job Versus Paul by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Mar 12
Lawag3:
■ The OP you're chatting with is clearly insane. But I don't expect you to notice that.
So those whom you specially deem insane have no need to be told the facts, is that it? undecided
Re: Job Versus Paul by Negroid001(m): 12:13am On Mar 13
Kobojunkie:

I'm enjoying the spectacle. Confusion has come in the midst of the brethren. That's what you get when you put your whole life on a false book full of fallacies and errors.
Let the disarray continue. grin
Re: Job Versus Paul by Negroid001(m): 12:14am On Mar 13
Oversabi go wound una.
Over 1000 translations.
Uncountable denominations and sects.

The true religion indeed.
Re: Job Versus Paul by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Mar 13
Negroid001:
■ I'm enjoying the spectacle. Confusion has come in the midst of the brethren. That's what you get when you put your whole life on a false book full of fallacies and errors.
■ Let the disarray continue. grin
The problem isn't the book nor the information contained in the book. The book is not itself full of fallacies and errors, no more than any other book out there mind you. Rather, the confusion stems from the fact that these people completely abandon their ability to reason and comprehend following human language rules when they attend to the information contained inside of the book. And please note, the book in no way suggests nor encourages this ludicrous ritual of theirs. undecided

The disarray is born of religion — the many superficial interpretations of men — and not of the book at all. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Job Versus Paul by Negroid001(m): 12:46am On Mar 13
Kobojunkie:
The problem isn't the book nor the information contained in the book. The book is not itself full of fallacies and errors, no more than any other book out there mind you. Rather, the confusion stems from the fact that these people completely abandon their ability to reason and comprehend following human language rules when they attend to the information contained inside of the book. And please note, the book in no way suggests nor encourages this ludicrous ritual of theirs. undecided

The disarray is born of religion — the many superficial interpretations of men — and not of the book at all. lipsrsealed

Why must it be misinterpreted?
Why so many conflicting sects and denominations?
Why so many unaligned and not corresponding translations?

Why isn't the whole Christendom united?
Re: Job Versus Paul by Kobojunkie: 1:36am On Mar 13
Negroid001:
Why must it be misinterpreted?
■ Why so many conflicting sects and denominations?
■ Why so many unaligned and not corresponding translations?
■ Why isn't the whole Christendom united?
1. The problem isn't at all that the contents of the book are misinterpreted but rather that those who claim to read resort to interpretating all of it when that need only be applied to say visions and dreams. undecided

2. It is the same reason for why most evey religion out there equally boasts of so many conflicting sects/cults and denominations. Power! Fight for supremacy of doctrine and traditions. undecided

3. Like I already stated, the translations --- those of course not created with dubious intentions --- aren't the issue here since I can post the same content from different translations and they would all have the same base meaning. The problem comes in when folks resort to applying additional interpretations when none is needed. undecided

4. Name one religion out there that is united? Look, division is a result of the politics of men. Religion is political -- every single one of them. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Which Church Has The Best Social Scene? / Near Death Experience / Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.