Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,646 members, 7,951,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:01 PM

Nigerian Associations In Diaspora Are Cancelling Planned Nigerian Independence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Associations In Diaspora Are Cancelling Planned Nigerian Independence (934 Views)

Breaking: APC Headquarters Denies Cancelling Of Lagos APC Primaries / "Return Home, Things Are Changing In Nigeria" - FG Tells Nigerians In Diaspora / 1st October 1960- Nigerian Independence [VIDEO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Associations In Diaspora Are Cancelling Planned Nigerian Independence by bukifemi1: 7:01am On Sep 15, 2017
NIGERIAN ASSOCIATIONS IN DIASPORA ARE CANCELLING PLANNED NIGERIAN INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION IN DENUNCIATION OF NIGERIAN FEDERAL TROOPS BRUTAL ACTIONS IN ABIA STATE.

Good evening and thank you for allowing me into your cyber space once again. Upon careful consideration of the uproar and sad state of affairs with our interests back home; and the consultation with our Cross River State, Edo, and Yoruba brothers and sisters, the Presidents of Igbo Women Association of Central California, Igbo Youth Association of Central California and the Yoruba Society of Central California, I am sorry to inform you that our previously scheduled upcoming event for the 30th of September was cancelled as of Sept. 13th 2017.
At the birth of the initial planning stages of this Independence Day Celebration, many tribes in Nigeria exchanged flagrantly coercing-threats. Unnecessary endemic killings to this magnitude were not going on and it will be beyond insensitive to proceed with the event as planned.
I invite you to join me in denouncing and reproaching the brutal actions of the Federal Troops in Abia State as they unfold in our very own eyes. I also invite you to please think outside the box because as ambivalent as we humanly are, this is just a glimpse of what is yet to come if we fail to demonstrate the Continuity of Government beyond our respective Competing Interests. We must talk to our loved ones back home to understand the urgency of what is at hand now.
May be the time has finally come for us to Inject more meaning into our bi-monthly General Meetings by denouncing hyper partisanships and living large in another man’s land while complaining about our Mother land, then do nothing about it. None but ourselves can free our minds, including the less powerful, less privileged and the underserved but we have to be smart about it. The days of Nzogbu-Nzogbu enyima-enyi are long gone.
In conclusion, I must thank each and every one of you for all the ongoing support, most especially as we deliberated over this Independence Day Celebration. I saw the degrees of difficulties in most of our members’ eyes during the approval process on whether to hold the event or not. Thank you for coming this far with it but at the end of the day, we are stronger together; not minding the tribe, gender, race, age etc. that is what works for the United States. Special appreciation goes to the members of the planning committee and the Presidents of all the formidable Associations we hold dear in the Central Valley for their gift of time and all other significant sacrifices they made to bring every aspect of the event to the conclusive stages more than 30 days before the scheduled date to execute the celebration. That’s outstanding and quite praiseworthy. To all our Pastors that were on schedule and ready to carry out their assigned duties, I thank you. Our Keynote speakers, your efforts have not gone unnoticed; we shall see what the future holds. Please intercede for Nigeria as you kneel and pray. Thank you.
Best,
Oliver Ezenwugo, President, Igbo Association of Central California.
Re: Nigerian Associations In Diaspora Are Cancelling Planned Nigerian Independence by ZorGBUooeh: 7:21am On Sep 15, 2017
Too much grammer..Make una Source for anti Tank ad anti air craft gunz for blackmarket..Violence is the only language nigeria understandz.
Re: Nigerian Associations In Diaspora Are Cancelling Planned Nigerian Independence by ifyan(m): 7:25am On Sep 15, 2017
There is nothing meaningful to celebrate from this zoo called Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Associations In Diaspora Are Cancelling Planned Nigerian Independence by Caseless: 9:10am On Sep 15, 2017
Diasporans? Those drug peddlers giving us bad name abroad are mostly from that region- so , you know where this came from. Ask the police in bangkok, and they'll tell who these guys are.
Re: Nigerian Associations In Diaspora Are Cancelling Planned Nigerian Independence by Caseless: 9:15am On Sep 15, 2017
ifyan:
There is nothing meaningful to celebrate from this zoo called Nigeria
and python dance small dance comot for zoo enter your erosion-ravaged region and 'low-current' state, una don de cry already.
Re: Nigerian Associations In Diaspora Are Cancelling Planned Nigerian Independence by attackgat: 9:24am On Sep 15, 2017
1st October was the worst thing to happen to the Igbo nation. It was the day we entered 'one chance'

Had people like Zik, Dr Okpara known how disasterous the union of Nigeria would turn out to be, they would have been in the fore front of Igbo land being an independent nation. But how could they have known?

I can never celebrate 1st of October for the rest of my life, for me, it will always be a dark day.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Associations In Diaspora Are Cancelling Planned Nigerian Independence by bukifemi1: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2017
Nå woo
Re: Nigerian Associations In Diaspora Are Cancelling Planned Nigerian Independence by KingNom(m): 6:05pm On Sep 30, 2017
What IPOB need to do to get what they want
https://www.nairaland.com/4057535/call-biafra

(1) (Reply)

The Blood Of The Galileans And The 2019 Agenda By Rev. Father Felix Uche / Biafra: Bishop Oyedepo Reveals Divine Revelation He Saw About Nigeria In 1979 / How The PDP Can Win The 2019 Presidential Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.