Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 12:08 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (739423 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nasalino: 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2018
donwilz:
Hello all, I submitted my documents on the 1st at the vfs office in Abuja. Was admitted to Griffith College Cork. Any other comrades ?
Please where did you buy courier envelope
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sheunshe: 7:09pm On Jun 05, 2018
Darhtwinzz:

I have gone through the medical insurance process and I have my certificate already visit www.studyprotect.com u will go scroll down and see an instruction on how to get educational insurance in 4 easy steps follow the steps from one to four and chose medicover standard it cost 120 euros buy and u will get Ur insurance certificate immediately in your mail if not in Ur mail check Ur spam folder.

While filling the form,i got to the point they asked for address of where you go live for ireland.
Please what did you fill there

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by donwilz(m): 7:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
Nasalino:

Please where did you buy courier envelope
It was all in the VFS center there. It will be part of the visa fee you'd pay.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by niyogeol(m): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2018
Sheunshe:

While filling the form,i got to the point they asked for address of where you go live for ireland.
Please what did you fill there
Fill the address of your school for now.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by TELENOVENA: 4:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
Please did you submit a statement of purpose as part of the documents for your student visa?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by TELENOVENA: 4:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
donwilz:
Hello all, I submitted my documents on the 1st at the vfs office in Abuja. Was admitted to Griffith College Cork. Any other comrades ?
Please did you submit a statement of purpose letter/document as part of your student visa application?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 4:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
TELENOVENA:

Please did you submit a statement of purpose letter/document as part of your student visa application?
It is compulsory

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by TELENOVENA: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
abuhusna1:

It is compulsory
Sorry to ask but do u like know a link or website where one can use as a guide as to how to write one for student visa?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 6:18am On Jun 07, 2018
TELENOVENA:
Sorry to ask but do u like know a link or website where one can use as a guide as to how to write one for student visa?
Follow this guide

Prepare the statement of Purpose

Paragraph one: Clearly describe educational history, grades, subjects, specializations, areas where you excelled.

Paragraph two: Clearly explain why you wish to pursue this course

Paragraph three: Clearly explain how the chosen course relates to past education. A change of stream of study should be clearly explained as this is a popular reason for visa refusal. If qualifications you have completed in your home country are similar to the course being applied for you must clearly explain the reason for the repetition. For example, you can refer to the international recognition of the qualification, lack of practical or experiential learning or different subject specializations as the reason for the repetition.

Paragraph four: Clearly explain why you have chosen Griffith College.

Paragraph five: Clearly explain why you have chosen Ireland, and specifically Dublin, Cork or Limerick as a study destination.

Paragraph six: Clearly explain the need to do the study course in Ireland. This is another frequent reason for visa refusal so this needs to be clearly defined and elaborated on. Reasons like the vibrant IT sector and multinational base, experiential learning should perhaps be mentioned and intelligent reference should be made to specific course content and how it is superior to a similar course in your home country.

Paragraph seven: All gaps in education MUST be clearly explained, if time has been taken out for work or because of illness or bereavement the work reference letter, doctor’s certificate or death certificate should be included.

Paragraph eight: This is by far the most important paragraph, where you must clearly explain their future aspirations and that you will be returning home after your studies. Reasons like family business, marriage commitments, the oldest child or only son or the booming economy in the home country or an offer from a future employer should be detailed in this section. If a job offer is given as a reason for returning home, you should then include the job offer letter with full contact details of the manager. The contact details must be a land line, not a mobile and the company should have a website that visa officers can access.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by TELENOVENA: 9:26am On Jun 07, 2018
abuhusna1:

Follow this guide

Prepare the statement of Purpose

Paragraph one: Clearly describe educational history, grades, subjects, specializations, areas where you excelled.

Paragraph two: Clearly explain why you wish to pursue this course

Paragraph three: Clearly explain how the chosen course relates to past education. A change of stream of study should be clearly explained as this is a popular reason for visa refusal. If qualifications you have completed in your home country are similar to the course being applied for you must clearly explain the reason for the repetition. For example, you can refer to the international recognition of the qualification, lack of practical or experiential learning or different subject specializations as the reason for the repetition.

Paragraph four: Clearly explain why you have chosen Griffith College.

Paragraph five: Clearly explain why you have chosen Ireland, and specifically Dublin, Cork or Limerick as a study destination.

Paragraph six: Clearly explain the need to do the study course in Ireland. This is another frequent reason for visa refusal so this needs to be clearly defined and elaborated on. Reasons like the vibrant IT sector and multinational base, experiential learning should perhaps be mentioned and intelligent reference should be made to specific course content and how it is superior to a similar course in your home country.

Paragraph seven: All gaps in education MUST be clearly explained, if time has been taken out for work or because of illness or bereavement the work reference letter, doctor’s certificate or death certificate should be included.

Paragraph eight: This is by far the most important paragraph, where you must clearly explain their future aspirations and that you will be returning home after your studies. Reasons like family business, marriage commitments, the oldest child or only son or the booming economy in the home country or an offer from a future employer should be detailed in this section. If a job offer is given as a reason for returning home, you should then include the job offer letter with full contact details of the manager. The contact details must be a land line, not a mobile and the company should have a website that visa officers can access.

Thanks man for the detailed information
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Emmanuel360(m): 7:08am On Jun 08, 2018
Guys pls i’m in a bit of a dilemma, need your advice.....i'm trying to get an academic reference but I I've not been able to because I didn't get personal with any lecturer during my school days....what do you suggest I do

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by shevydinho(m): 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
Emmanuel360:
Guys pls i’m in a bit of a dilemma, need your advice.....i'm trying to get an academic reference but I I've not been able to because I didn't get personal with any lecturer during my school days....what do you suggest I do
not even your project supervisor or course advisor
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Emmanuel360(m): 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
I,ve been able to get from my project supervisor... Wasn't easy though
shevydinho:

not even your project supervisor or course advisor
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mikky4canny(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
Please is Naira card(visa or mastercard) accepted on paytostudy and studyandprotect to pay for medical insurance?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 4:21am On Jun 09, 2018
Mikky4canny:
Please is Naira card(visa or mastercard) accepted on paytostudy and studyandprotect to pay for medical insurance?
On pay to study Nigeria cannot use cards don't know of the other one u asked for insurance but I think they accept card
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mikky4canny(m): 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
OK thank you
abuhusna1:

On pay to study Nigeria cannot use cards don't know of the other one u asked for insurance but I think they accept card
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jide4lagos(m): 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2018
Dear All, please help a brother ooooo. I got a joint international masters offer from UCD, which requires that i will only spend the first and last semester in Dublin. While, i will spend the second and third semesters in other institutions outside Dublin. Each of the four semesters cost 3,000 euro amounting to 12,000 euro which i am expected to pay at the beginning of every semester. All these are stated on the offer letter.

My question is, am i suppose to pay for UCD first and last semesters because of the 6,000 euro benchmark for Visa application or just the first semester then pay for the last semester when i am coming back to Dublin for the last semester?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mikky4canny(m): 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2018
When filling the visa application form between multiple entry and single entry which one do we select?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by shevydinho(m): 12:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
Mikky4canny:
When filling the visa application form between multiple entry and single entry which one do we select?
oga it's single entry oh
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jide4lagos(m): 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
jide4lagos:
Dear All, please help a brother ooooo. I got a joint international masters offer from UCD, which requires that i will only spend the first and last semester in Dublin. While, i will spend the second and third semesters in other institutions outside Dublin. Each of the four semesters cost 3,000 euro amounting to 12,000 euro which i am expected to pay at the beginning of every semester. All these are stated on the offer letter.

My question is, am i suppose to pay for UCD first and last semesters because of the 6,000 euro benchmark for Visa application or just the first semester then pay for the last semester when i am coming back to Dublin for the last semester?

Abeg, someone should help attend to to my question as i have to pay by next week ooo
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lankool86: 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2018
TELENOVENA:

Yes it is very compulsory....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by pristine88: 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
jide4lagos:

You have to pay at least 6k i think...i like this arrangement, i wish it was like that for griffith...please what other cities would you be doing your other semesters
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 7:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
jide4lagos:

Please ask your school as they are in the best position to guide you

Please ask your school so you won't be wrongly advised on the forum

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by chidi4eze(m): 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
Hi guys!!
Please is there any kind of postgraduate diploma for people who wanna switch career or cannot afford the huge fees
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by niyogeol(m): 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
jide4lagos:

Are the other participating schools outside Dublin, or Ireland?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jide4lagos(m): 6:11am On Jun 10, 2018
[quote author=pristine88 post=68329188][/quote] Thanks , Sweden and Germany.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jide4lagos(m): 6:12am On Jun 10, 2018
niyogeol:
They are outside Ireland. .
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by niyogeol(m): 9:08am On Jun 10, 2018
Call the Embassy to relate the situation to them. Your case is peculiar.
jide4lagos:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2018
jide4lagos:
Better still close eyes pay the 6000 euro and inform your school in Ireland is for your two semester that way you won't have issue with Irish embassy
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by dordan97: 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2018
niyogeol:

I have carefully gone through this forum, I have heard schools in Dublin, Limerick, Griffith college and so on.
Does school like IT tralee exist? if yes please can gurus in this forum give information on it.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by niyogeol(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
dordan97:

I have carefully gone through this forum, I have heard schools in Dublin, Limerick, Griffith college and so on.
Does school like IT tralee exist? if yes please can gurus in this forum give information on it.
IT Tralee exists. Merits of studying there include paying lesser tuition compared to other universities in the country. Cheaper accommodation, but less part time jobs compared to Dublin or other major cities in Ireland.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (387)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.