Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,027 members, 7,966,779 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:03 PM

What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market (1258 Views)

Soldiers Kill 105 Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists In Buni Gari, Yobe State (Graphic) / Governor Ganduje Inspecting Sabon Gari Flyover Amidst Bribery Allegation [PICS] / Dino Melaye's Reaction When He Was Told He Is Going To Prison (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by realhumanity: 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
The operation python dance has caused a huge tremor in the hearts of Igbo's living in the east and diaspora. Not only due to the military onslaught but also the interethnic dimension it took in aba and oyigbo respectively.

I set out in the morning yesterday, going to get tyres for my car when I went to the popular sabon gari market to meet my brothers who happen to be my customer at the same time. They all wore sad and sullen faces. They spoke mostly in undertones and in our language. It was obvious they were hit by the crisis in the east. I told kenechukwu who happens to have a warehouse in Ibadan road, sabon gari to give me Belgium tyres. As we walked into the warehouse, this conversation ensued:

Me: When are you going back?
kene: (knowing fully well what I meant but wanted to act ignorant) to where?
Me: to the east of course.
kene: Tell them there to stop formenting trouble because it is affecting us more than them.
Me: How many investment do you have in kano here.
kene: Quite a number of investment and houses. Most for rent but I have built a home in the east. So that you will not say I have been totally lost.
me: how many years have you been in kano?
Kene: 27years. (He looked at me intensely and said). Why are you asking?
Me: I have not finished my questions. Do you plan to settle your kids in the north?
Kene: I don't plan to but if they find a business to do here, I can't stop them.
Me: So you mean your major attachment to this place is the money.
kene: Yes, I am only here because of my business which was lacking bytes in the east. Since I came to kano in the 90's, my business have grown tremendously.
Me: How can we push you back to the east?
kene: Evaluate my assets, pay me in cash, I will follow you back to the east.

We continued having this conversation and some other traders came to join us. The tyres I went to buy was kept in my car while i sat with them to talk. These were the points I got from them:

1. The Igbo's in the east are selfish. They make trouble without minding the ripple effect its having on them and their customers.
2. Since Nnamdi KANU, Igbo's have been having difficulty cajoling the rich northerners to buy their products. They had to assure them that they are not in support of the uprising in the east.
3. Easterners want them to come back but they have not told them what they want them to do for them in the east.
4. Its easier for them to come home if the economy of the east is big enough and more profitable. One of them wanted to start a manufacturing company in the east but it didn't work out.

To be continued
Re: What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by tossie101(f): 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
Ok
Re: What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by fk001(m): 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
You are right IPOB are selfish and wicked just because they are frustrated and out of job they want every Igbo to be like them.

Bunch of greedy fools
Re: What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
Sharp ibo guy
Re: What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by sarrki(m): 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
He's a good Nigerian
Re: What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by obonujoker(m): 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
Does an average Hausa man have a property outside his region, the way the igbos and Yorubas do??

Let's begin from here....
Re: What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by Totodude: 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
I don't agree that IPOB is selfish. They have the right to self determination as it is the Nigeria constitution which with the current situation in the country, it is clear that Nigeria constitution means nothing because the FG is not following it.

3 Likes

Re: What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
Totodude:
I don't agree that IPOB is selfish. They have the right to self determination as it is the Nigeria constitution which with the current situation in the country, it is clear that Nigeria constitution means nothing because the FG is not following it.

Your still identifying with a terrorist group.

1 Like

Re: What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by babyfaceafrica: 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
Lolz
Re: What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by realhumanity: 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2017
To be frank with you, they were sad and very concerned. The igbos have this love for their brothers that is stronger than family ties. They analysed issues of Biafra and how it should all encompassing. They want to be taken into consideration. Some said being in the north and having a customer base for more than 25years and a guy telling him to leave them for uncertainty is uncalled for.

A guy who from his level of English sounds very educated. He said, even if igboland is small, does that make the economy small too? If we can expand the economy of the east, then in no time, they will move home enmasse. He further said plainly, he doesn't support the attack on northerners and they have made it clear to their counterparts in Kano. He decried that how those take decisions in their hands baffles him. They are placing them in red alert because of their actions.

So, after listening to them, I calmed them down and told this:

As much as I support the fact that starting all over again is difficult, I must warn you all, there is no person who is detribalized. Everyone has a connection to where he came from. Everything owned on another man's is owned by the owner of the land and he can claim it anytime. You can continue to live in the north if you have mastered the act of living without dying but I must advice you, please bring your children home and make them school in the east from their secondary to the university level. We need the next generation to be more pro-igbo than pro-nigerian.

Unlike your beliefs that the eastern economy is smaller than the north, there is a need to rebrand the east because if we get our acts right, we have over 50million people to do business with in the south and the middle belt which will be more safer for our next generation.

A decision must be made today on how we will survive this challenges in the east and forge a new path to discover where we should head in the next decade.

It is not the matter of Biafra or Nigeria, it is the matter of survival. I don't care about Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ojukwu or Ekweremadu, I care about that young Igbo boy going to school in the morning and coming back seeing his community destroyed and had to sleep in a church. I don't care about you old men, you have made your money through your own decisions either good or bad but the next generation will not have to beg a Hausa man nor a Yoruba man for a place to stay and hustle before he gets to his feet.

There must be a concrete and concerted effort to secure the future of the Igbo child. We will not live this century on propaganda or myths, we will all be part of this new story of igboland.

1 Like

Re: What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by devindevin2000: 8:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
realhumanity:
[s]The operation python dance has caused a huge tremor in the hearts of Igbo's living in the east and diaspora. Not only due to the military onslaught but also the interethnic dimension it took in aba and oyigbo respectively.

I set out in the morning yesterday, going to get tyres for my car when I went to the popular sabon gari market to meet my brothers who happen to be my customer at the same time. They all wore sad and sullen faces. They spoke mostly in undertones and in our language. It was obvious they were hit by the crisis in the east. I told kenechukwu who happens to have a warehouse in Ibadan road, sabon gari to give me Belgium tyres. As we walked into the warehouse, this conversation ensued:

Me: When are you back?
kene: (knowing fully well what I meant but wanted to act ignorant) to where?
Me: to the east of course.
kene: Tell them there to stop formenting trouble because it is affecting us more than them.
Me: How many investment do you have in kano here.
kene: Quite a number of investment and houses. Most for rent but I have built a home in the east. So that you will not say I have been totally lost.
me: how many years have you been in kano?
Kene: 27years. (He looked at me intensely and said). Why are you asking?
Me: I have not finished my questions. Do you plan to settle your kids in the north?
Kene: I don't plan to but if they find a business to do here, I can't stop them.
Me: So you mean your major attachment to this place is the money.
kene: Yes, I am only here because of my business which was lacking bytes in the east. Since I came to kano in the 90's, my business have grown tremendously.
Me: How can we push you back to the east?
kene: Evaluate my assets, pay me in cash, I will follow you back to the east.

We continued having this conversation and some other traders came to join us. The tyres I went to buy was kept in my car while i sat with them to talk. These were the points I got from them:

1. The Igbo's in the east are selfish. They make trouble without minding the ripple effect its having on them and their customers.
2. Since Nnamdi KANU, Igbo's have been having difficulty cajoling the rich northerners to buy their products. They had to assure them that they are not in support of the uprising in the east.
3. Easterners want them to come back but they have not told them what they want them to do for them in the east.
4. Its easier for them to come home if the economy of the east is big enough and more profitable. One of them wanted to start a manufacturing company in the east but it didn't work out.

To be continued[/s]

Believe this afonja at your peril

4 Likes

Re: What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by SlayerForever: 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
Point 1 is utter crap_.
Re: What I Was Told In Sabon Gari Market by realhumanity: 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2017
I am not going to be emotional about anything. Not because my eyes are not filled with tears but because if we keep crying, we won't have tears again for tears of joy. This past few days should show us that Biafra is not gotten through rallies, boasting nor speeches. Biafra is not gotten by radicalizing our youths. Our youths shouldn't be dying but they should conserve their strength because they are the ones who will build igboland. If all the elderly ones are running for their lives after living it to the fullest, why are we dying for a country we have not yet seen?

Biafra will come but the question remains, are we ready to achieve Biafra? Is it not better to spend money and brain to get Biafra than using our lives for shooting practice?

UN nations do not have any policy that is directed to the disintegration of African countries now, south Sudan was a bad deal for them. They are spending billions to keep that country stable.

If we want Biafra, let's start building the blocks and content of this new country. With such a high enthusiasm towards getting it, we should coming together to build a very robust economy for us all to return home. Our best brains are not in the east, we need to harness our potential completely so that we can attain the heights allotted to us by God.

There is no victory in the war to come, only different degrees of failure. But there is victory when we are smarter than everyone. When we use our brains to get the things we need. I don't want to come out explicitly in this forum but we have what it takes to get what we want but our methods now are dangerous. Let's build the best cities, best industrial estates, best health system, best water system. It is possible if you say yes to this.

Other ethnic groups will not develop igboland except we do it ourselves.

(1) (Reply)

It Seems Anambra Is Not Interested In This Election (photos) / What Do You Think of This Facebook Discussion? / Fayose: Am Surprised To See Aba Like This In Ikpeazu’s First Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.