Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,159 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:35 PM

What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? (811 Views)

Breeding Standard Pedigree BB Puppies At A Very Affordable Price / Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. / Journey To Breeding My Rottweilers As Good As I Can.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by Greene66: 8:49am On Sep 16, 2017
I know it's wrong and irresponsible but what will actually happen if dogs are in-bred to keep a bloodline?

Take for example, I mate my male + female gsd of different litter and bloodline.. Then they produce puppies (litter) and when one of the pups mature I mate the pup (female) with the sire(my original male) again.. That's Inbreeding.

What will happen to the pups the female will litter? Will they be deformed? Will they die? Will they become beast?

You may wonder why I am asking. My female gsd of 6 months is taller and looks bigger than my male gsd of 9 months (height isn't so much different but age gap is much for the height difference). And the male is aggressive and unapproachable like the father. (this is off standard! gsd must be approachable). I want this to continue or even get better. So is in-breeding the answer or NO! it makes no sense?

If the answer is NO, what do you recommend I do. I need the following traits...

- Size
- Wicked unapproachable aggression
- Killer instinct.
- Prey Drive
- Dog-to-Dog aggression
- Wolf look
- bushy tail
- Intelligence
- Food aggression
- Alertness
- Fearlessness
- Courage
- Sharp senses

Before you say I want a wild animal, do not be alarmed. No one wants a wild animal. I just need the above then I can modify. My male Gsd has almost all of it except the size and some other physical attributes I didn't mention. So I want the traits above to continue that's why I am wondering if my male can mate his female puppy! If he can't, what do you suggest. I need expert counsel before I do something foolish I will regret.

Breeders, talk to me...
Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by Greene66: 9:04am On Sep 16, 2017
Or what about line-breeding? Is that one okay?

I'm just saying... Maybe the male mate his grand daughter.. ??
Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by BoiledHead(m): 9:13am On Sep 16, 2017
I think you should not do it. Personally, I heard that dog incest is bad no matter what. If you are looking for those traits, I think you can get another male or female to mate your female or male offspring. The thing will still be there only it may be diluted. I don't think you can keep the exact traits 100% In one family for life.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by Greene66: 9:21am On Sep 16, 2017
BoiledHead:
I think you should not do it. Personally, I heard that dog incest is bad no matter what. If you are looking for those traits, I think you can get another male or female to mate your female or male offspring. The thing will still be there only it may be diluted. I don't think you can keep the exact traits 100% In one family for life.

Thanks.

@bold, I dont want it diluted that's why unless maybe I can get another male or female with exact same features to mate the offspring... Yes?
Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by Greene66: 9:28am On Sep 16, 2017
I need responses. Please don't just view and go..

Pet section is not just to showcase dogs and judge dogs or sell dogs.. Let's do more than that.
Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by kelac(m): 9:46am On Sep 16, 2017
It is not advice able to do so. There are many health risks and consequences that follow. If you do so the puppies definitely will not be aggressive. I suggest you get another dog with the traits you need to mate your dog. You'll definitely get another one

1 Like

Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by youngreva(m): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2017
Get a caucasian it possess those traits you are looking for
Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by Greene66: 10:44am On Sep 16, 2017
kelac:
It is not advice able to do so. There are many health risks and consequences that follow. If you do so the puppies definitely will not be aggressive. I suggest you get another dog with the traits you need to mate your dog. You'll definitely get another one

Thanks.

You said the puppies won't be aggressive, does it mean that the process reduces the traits?
Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by kelac(m): 11:33am On Sep 16, 2017
You might get the traits you're looking for if you mate them but it is not always the case. When breeding from the same bloodline there are some dominant gene cells that might develop example if a there's a docile sickness in the bloodline such an act can trigger it to become active. The pups will be fine at the beginning but it doesn't always end well.
Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by miremoses(m): 11:44am On Sep 16, 2017
I'm against inbreeding,so i wouldn't in courage you doing that, bro you need to know that dogs that are inbred usually comeout with much lower immune system function than other dogs,what i mean is,they tend to suffer from illnesses, and because they are inbred they cant fight off infections like other dogs with wide range of genetic diversity.
Another thing i can tell you is inbred dogs are less smart and they don't learn like other dogs.
You said something about wanting them to be aggressive?yes they will be aggressive, which will result to biting without control.
Op i think you should search around your neighborhood, i believe you will find one with atleast 60% of the behavior you need in a dog.
Please don't participate in such act of inbreeding.
Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by rumenase(m): 11:53am On Sep 16, 2017
one thing I always consider first before getting a dog is health and inbreeding poses a lot health risk so for health reason alone it's a NO NO just try and look around yu can get a very good stud. thanks
Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by Greene66: 11:57am On Sep 16, 2017
miremoses:
I'm against inbreeding,so i wouldn't in courage you doing that, bro you need to know that dogs that are inbred usually comeout with much lower immune system function than other dogs,what i mean is,they tend to suffer from illnesses, and because they are inbred they cant fight off infections like other dogs with wide range of genetic diversity.
Another thing i can tell you is inbred dogs are less smart and they don't learn like other dogs.
You said something about wanting them to be aggressive?yes they will be aggressive, which will result to biting without control.
Op i think you should search around your neighborhood, i believe you will find one with atleast 60% of the behavior you need in a dog.
Please don't participate in such act of inbreeding.

Thanks for this information.

I think I will look out for another dog. Someone recommended a Caucasian shepherd. Do you think a Caucasian posses more of this traits?
Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by miremoses(m): 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2017
Greene66:

I think I will look out for another dog. Someone recommended a Caucasian shepherd. Do you think a Caucasian posses more of this traits?
your breed is gsd right? No you shouldnt mate two different breeds.continue. your search,you might be lucky to a see a gsd stud with the characteristics you need.
Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by rumenase(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2017
Greene66:

nah there is no need for a cauc gsd mix. just look very well yu will see what yu need or yu can as well import a czech working line GSD but make sure yu look up the pedigree very well to make sure the parents have the attributes yu need
Re: What Is The Actual Danger Of In-breeding? Should I do it? by Greene66: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2017
miremoses:
your breed is gsd right? No you shouldnt mate two different breeds.continue. your search,you might be lucky to a see a gsd stud with the characteristics you need.

Yes I don't want to mix. I'll keep looking for another gsd.

(1) (Reply)

Practice: How To Stop Your Dog From Begging At The Table / Cheap Alsatian Puppies / Caucasian Or GSD Which One Will Be Good To Mate Dis My Female Pls I Need Ur Op

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.