Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,021 members, 7,883,536 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:21 PM

Tunisian Women Free To Marry Non-Muslims - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tunisian Women Free To Marry Non-Muslims (621 Views)

"Ladies Must Not Marry Broke Guys, Guys Must Not Marry Non-virgins" / Virgin Guys, Please Do Not Marry Non-virgin Ladies / Ladies Don't Marry Broke Guys, Guys Don't Marry Non-virgins. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunisian Women Free To Marry Non-Muslims by Kingspin(m): 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2017
Tunisia has abolished a decades-old ban on Muslim women marrying non-Muslims, the presidency said Thursday. “Congratulations to the women of Tunisia for the enshrinement of the right to the freedom to choose one’s spouse,” presidency spokeswoman Saida Garrach wrote on Facebook.

The announcement comes a month after President Beji Caid Essebsi called for the government to scrap the ban dating back to 1973. Until now a non-Muslim man who wished to marry a Tunisian woman had to convert to Islam and submit a certificate of his conversion as proof.

Human rights groups in the North African country had campaigned for the ban’s abolition, saying it undermined the fundamental human right to choose a spouse.

Tunisia is viewed as being ahead of most Arab countries on women’s rights, but there is still discrimination particularly in matters of inheritance. AFP

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/tunisian-women-free-to-marry-non-muslims/

2 Likes

Re: Tunisian Women Free To Marry Non-Muslims by Presidiotbuhari: 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2017
No reasonable christian will marry a potential suicide bomber, because every available fact & statistics has it that 99% of head slammers are terrosist.
Re: Tunisian Women Free To Marry Non-Muslims by DeWisedon(m): 3:56pm On Sep 16, 2017
abeg how much is Tunisia visa,and how can I get it,and also how much be flight
make I know my next move by next week,abeg I need answer now before dem go select fine girls finish
Re: Tunisian Women Free To Marry Non-Muslims by Blackfire(m): 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
No thank you ..

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Look Alike Spotted In Jos / Our Parents Look So Innocent When Advising Us,why? / My Girlfriend Prepared A Cheap Soup After Giving Her 5K (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.