Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,960 members, 7,906,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:31 PM

FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY (645 Views)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. / Video Of GEJ's Phone Chat With The Falconets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY by FBS: 8:55am On Mar 01, 2010
FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY

Nigeria’s Under-20 women’s team, Falconets easily snatched a place at this year’s FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup finals in Germany by lashing their South African counterparts 7-0 in Abuja on Sunday.

The result means the Nigerians qualify 12-3 on aggregate after a 5-3 win in the first leg a fortnight ago.

The game began at a furious pace under the afternoon sun with Ebere Orji scoring right from the kick–off, and then doubling the advantage few minutes later. This meant the Falconets were already looking forward to the finals in Germany so early in the game, having swept past the South Africans 5-3 at home in Pretoria two weeks ago.

Glory Iroka scored two goals either side of a strike by defender Gloria Ofoegbu, and in the second half, Ugochi Oparanozie scored before substitute Uchechi Sunday added another from the penalty spot.

In the four World Cup qualifying games against Zimbabwe and South Africa, the Falconets scored total of 22 goals, with Uchechi scoring six while Ebere Orji netted five times.

The Falconets will now be one of the participating teams at this year’s FIFA U-20 World Cup finals in Germany, taking place 13th July – 1 August.

New Technical Adviser of the Super Eagles, Lars Lagerback was among the crowd that watched the Falconets triumph at the National Stadium, Abuja.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=14113
Re: FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 01, 2010
good
Re: FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY by toosoon(m): 9:40am On Mar 01, 2010
Good News!!! I hope the FALCONETS team are not over-aged.
Re: FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY by FBS: 9:43am On Mar 01, 2010
That I do not know.
Re: FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY by azeeza(f): 10:15am On Mar 01, 2010
The girls were superb 7-0.i hope they continue with this scoreline in the competition.12-3 aggregate
Re: FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY by MrCrackles(m): 10:17am On Mar 01, 2010
too_soon:

Good News!!! I hope the FALCONETS team are not over-aged.
You can never be sure. . .
Naija style. . .Everyone is involved in one scam or the other!! grin
Re: FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY by FBS: 10:19am On Mar 01, 2010
MrCrackles:

You can never be sure. . .
Naija style. . .Everyone is involved in one scam or the other!! grin
That's a GROSS violation of human rights. grin
Mon ami, nah, not everyone.
Re: FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY by MrCrackles(m): 10:23am On Mar 01, 2010
FBS:

That's a GROSS violation of human rights. grin
Mon ami, nah, not everyone.
Ok. . . grin
I take that back wink
Howizit though? Good weekend boss?
Re: FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY by FBS: 10:26am On Mar 01, 2010
MrCrackles:

Ok. . .  grin
I take that back wink
Howizit though? Good weekend boss?
Hehehe. Good move boss. Take it back.  grin
The Lord is good. Weekend was nice. Yours?
Re: FALCONETS QUALIFY FOR GERMANY by MrCrackles(m): 10:30am On Mar 01, 2010
FBS:

Hehehe. Good move boss. Take it back.  grin
The Lord is good. Weekend was nice. Yours?
Yeah had a good one. . .Gone real quick tho - typical weekend angry

(1) (Reply)

Watch Live World Cup At Www.linkreporters.com / Fifa President- Nigeria Planned For Failure / Women's Wcup Semi Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.