Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,090 members, 7,880,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:46 PM

Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most (870 Views)

Sadiya Umar Farouk Approves Payment Of Stipends To Exited N-Power Beneficiaries / It's Time For Restructuring, Yoruba Nation To Adopt Paradigm Shift - Gani Adams / T.y. Danjuma ; Obasanjo Ran Into Hiding After The Assassination Of Murtala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Kyliegame: 9:22am On Sep 18, 2017
Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-Umar Farouk ...Says Obasanjo Ran Most Ethnic Based Government In Nigeria:

A civil society activist, Umar Farouk has described the recent Ibadan summit where the leaders of the south west geo- political zone called for return to the regions as the hallmark of hypocrisy.
In a statement which was exclusively obtained by irukkanews, he said the Yoruba are now among other things complaining of not being carried along in the scheme of things in the country ,while their own son, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo ran the most ethnic based government in the history of the country.
According to him, the so-called northernalization of appointments by President Muhammadu Buhari was a child's play when compared with what former president Obasanjo did when he was in power.
He said, while he s a strong believer in equity, fairness and justice, he did not think that the Yoruba should be the ones complaining now of marginalization and lopsided appointment while when their own son was in power,he appointed only the Yoruba to man the economy of the Country.
Farouk said those who want to come to equity must come with clean hands, adding that in this case, the Yoruba hands are soiled.
Furthermore, he said, if there are people that are supposed to be calling for fairness, equity and justice,it must not be the southwest because their own son laid a very bad precedent when he was in office
" Let me buttress what I am saying with an illustration so that the world would know that I am not crying wolf where there is none. At a point in time in Chief Olusegun Obasanjo's government, he Obasanjo was the president and commander in chief of the federal republic of Nigeria and at the same time the de facto petroleum minister, Funsho Kupolokun was the Group Managing Director of NNPC; Rasheed Gbadamasi was the chairman of Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency(PPPRA);Dr. Oluwole Oluleye was the secretary of PPPRA: Adebayo Sarumi was the Managing Director of Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA);Joseph Sanusi was the Governor of the Central Bank (CBN),where the proceeds of crude and petroleum products were been lodged; Kayode Naiyelu was the Accountant General of the Federation; Joseph Ajiboye was the Auditor General of the Federation. For those who may want raise eyebrows over this monopolization of the Nigerian economy by the Yoruba, Tafa Balogun was the Inspector General of Police. He would ensure that the people were rounded up and slammed into jail, while Bayo Ojo as the Minister of Justice would on his own part ensure that those raising eyebrows into the affair of the Yoruba would not be given bail. This type of monopolization of the entire economy by an ethnic group cannot even be seen in a monarchical government but it happened in a federation like Nigeria" The statement read in part.
According to him, while the Yoruba were savouring the lopsided appointments, they felt that the other parts of the country were fools.
He said it is now that the pendulum has switched to another part of the country that they remember that the country is not properly structured, that we should go back to the region.

http://irukkanews.com/yoruba-call-for-restructuring-hypocriticalumar-farouk-says-obasanjo-p1791-173.htm

Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by CecyAdrian(f): 9:23am On Sep 18, 2017
Interesting
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Kyliegame: 9:25am On Sep 18, 2017
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by aolawale025: 9:26am On Sep 18, 2017
This man has turned the truth upside down
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by thirdi(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2017
Wahala;

Seriously tribalism will be the bane of my country.
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by ojun50(m): 9:30am On Sep 18, 2017
Na 2019 buhari go regret why him come president

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 18, 2017
So what is his concern? Is he fearing restructuring?
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 18, 2017
In Nigeria, the Easterners Will accuse the Northerners of Marginalization. The Northerners in line to defend themselves will point accusing fingers to the Western and say they have once Enjoyed the National Care.

If the Westerners respond to the Accussation of the Northerners who knows if the Southerners will be drag into the discussion.

Nigeria is My Country and the politics of Blame is the right tool to gain the attention of the masses.
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by fergie001: 10:32am On Sep 18, 2017
cool
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by IJOBA2: 10:34am On Sep 18, 2017
EWEDU MUSLIMS WILL AVOID THIS THREAD

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Omeokachie: 10:37am On Sep 18, 2017
They have finished with they igbo (they think)

Now they've gone for the yoruba. Crocodile smile coming to the SW.

Where is the Jagaban by the way?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Danladi7: 10:54am On Sep 18, 2017
FVCK NORTH!...FVCK EAST!

YORUBAS DONT BEG FOR ALLIES LIKE SOME PEOPLE!

To hell with umar farouk!
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2017
Kyliegame:
Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-Umar Farouk ...Says Obasanjo Ran Most Ethnic Based Government In Nigeria:

A civil society activist, Umar Farouk has described the recent Ibadan summit where the leaders of the south west geo- political zone called for return to the regions as the hallmark of hypocrisy.
In a statement which was exclusively obtained by irukkanews, he said the Yoruba are now among other things complaining of not being carried along in the scheme of things in the country ,while their own son, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo ran the most ethnic based government in the history of the country.
According to him, the so-called northernalization of appointments by President Muhammadu Buhari was a child's play when compared with what former president Obasanjo did when he was in power.
He said, while he s a strong believer in equity, fairness and justice, he did not think that the Yoruba should be the ones complaining now of marginalization and lopsided appointment while when their own son was in power,he appointed only the Yoruba to man the economy of the Country.
Farouk said those who want to come to equity must come with clean hands, adding that in this case, the Yoruba hands are soiled.
Furthermore, he said, if there are people that are supposed to be calling for fairness, equity and justice,it must not be the southwest because their own son laid a very bad precedent when he was in office
" Let me buttress what I am saying with an illustration so that the world would know that I am not crying wolf where there is none. At a point in time in Chief Olusegun Obasanjo's government, he Obasanjo was the president and commander in chief of the federal republic of Nigeria and at the same time the de facto petroleum minister, Funsho Kupolokun was the Group Managing Director of NNPC; Rasheed Gbadamasi was the chairman of Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency(PPPRA);Dr. Oluwole Oluleye was the secretary of PPPRA: Adebayo Sarumi was the Managing Director of Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA);Joseph Sanusi was the Governor of the Central Bank (CBN),where the proceeds of crude and petroleum products were been lodged; Kayode Naiyelu was the Accountant General of the Federation; Joseph Ajiboye was the Auditor General of the Federation. For those who may want raise eyebrows over this monopolization of the Nigerian economy by the Yoruba, Tafa Balogun was the Inspector General of Police. He would ensure that the people were rounded up and slammed into jail, while Bayo Ojo as the Minister of Justice would on his own part ensure that those raising eyebrows into the affair of the Yoruba would not be given bail. This type of monopolization of the entire economy by an ethnic group cannot even be seen in a monarchical government but it happened in a federation like Nigeria" The statement read in part.
According to him, while the Yoruba were savouring the lopsided appointments, they felt that the other parts of the country were fools.
He said it is now that the pendulum has switched to another part of the country that they remember that the country is not properly structured, that we should go back to the region.

http://irukkanews.com/yoruba-call-for-restructuring-hypocriticalumar-farouk-says-obasanjo-p1791-173.htm
Weak argument.
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Joel3(m): 11:09am On Sep 18, 2017
let say the truth. obj is not in anyway better than buhari. now that he is outside the ring he is now seeing this differently. obj have a better chance to transformed the country but guess what? he misuse it to enrich himself.
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by junketer(m): 11:42am On Sep 18, 2017
Danladi7:
FVCK NORTH!...FVCK EAST!

what has the east got to do with this? So you people cannot for once keep igbos out of your heads? Where in this write up did you read about igbos? You people should stop masburbating on our issues.
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Danladi7: 11:50am On Sep 18, 2017
junketer:
what has the east got to do with this? So you people cannot for once keep igbos out of your heads? Where in this write up did you read about igbos? You people should stop masburbating on our issues.
Your brothers that have previously masturbated on what doesn't concern them dragged you to it.Warn your brothers to stay away from what concerns them not!
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by nototribalist: 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
Danladi7:
FVCK NORTH!...FVCK EAST!

na fear? There's a saying, he who dances with the lion should get ready to be in his stomach
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by otosa(m): 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hummm
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Danladi7: 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
nototribalist:
na fear? There's a saying, he who dances with the lion should get ready to be in his stomach
I should be asking you that?
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by rozayx5(m): 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
lalasticlala

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Guestlander: 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
Obasanjo appointed only Yoruba to man the economy? Which planet was this man living when Obasanjo was president? Oh, I forgot Charles Soludo and Okonjo-Iwealla were Yoruba.
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by junketer(m): 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
Danladi7:

Your brothers that have previously masturbated on what doesn't concern them dragged you to it.Warn your brothers to stay away from what concerns them not!
i am warning you now because you are the one here dragging the igbos into what does not concern them. When you see my brothers drag yorubas into what doesn't concern yorubas, warn them.
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Danladi7: 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
junketer:
i am warning you now because you are the one here dragging the igbos into what does not concern them. When you see my brothers drag yorubas into what doesn't concern yorubas, warn them.
you can see how illogical you could be.

I should warn my own brother,why cant you warn your own brother that informed my own comment.selfish individuals!
Re: Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most by Danladi7: 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
Guestlander:
Obasanjo appointed only Yoruba to man the economy? Which planet was this man living when Obasanjo was president? Oh, I forgot Charles Soludo and Okonjo-Iwealla were Yoruba.
Those people parading themselves as elders could be so ignorant.Both from the south and north

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Remains Terrorist Group, Despite EU, US Stance – Presidential Aide / Biafrans Protest In America. / TB Joshua Speaks On Liberia Election As George Weah Visits Church In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.