Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,047 members, 7,886,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:26 PM

Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies (3709 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court / Father Refused To Attend My Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by babyfaceafrica: 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
I cannot judge you bro..you have tried..forgive him..but foegtting is another thing..God bless you and your family
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by Elosi: 12:25am On Sep 20, 2017
like father like son. you are really his son and I have been trying to figure out in what way u are better than him but I can't

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by mrstheo(f): 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2017
Op if your Dad dies without u reconciling with him it will hunt in in future. Please forgive him and reconcile with ur father. It's not easy but just do it for the sake of God and ur children
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 21, 2017
The man is a sadist, thankGod I don't have this kind of father.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by PstBiola: 8:46am On Sep 21, 2017
Dear Op,

Please do not allow yourself and your wife to fall into the trap of unforgiveness. Man’s spirit – if it is not free, cannot contact the Spirit of God. “Many of us today are victims of the trap of unforgiveness. Many of us have never felt the presence of God, they just use ideas. Many of us have never felt the presence of God due to years of holding unforgiveness - griefs, grudges, pain of the past, bitterness or resentment in their heart.

An unforgiving spirit will put you in the dark, outside God. Whether you are right or wrong, you don’t have a right to hold the pain.” We must learn to forgive ourselves so that we would be able to forgive others. A man does not give what he does not have, “Someone may have done horrible things to offend you but for you to receive God, you must forgive your father. How will you forgive? First, learn to forgive yourself. Then, you can forgive others. What you do not have, you cannot give to others. Everybody hurts somewhere. You must give your father another chance”.

In conclusion, many who are better than you or live right better than you are in the graveyard. Their dreams hit the rock of disappointment. You are looking, sitting and talking freely. Jesus never disconnects Himself from those who have made mistakes with their lives. Your accuser, offenders, please forgive them wholeheartedly from your heart.

Let us pray, Lord Jesus, have mercy upon my life, thank you for laying down your life to die for my sins. Please touch my heart and create in me a new heart of forgiveness to totally forgive (mention this full names) and tell the Lord that from henceforth you want to see his positive sides only in Jesus name. Amen

You are blessed.

Yours in His Vineyard,

Pst Biola

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by Chiquitq(f): 9:22am On Sep 21, 2017
I understand you and you are doing the right thing. Most people would not understand that the psychological abuse would continue if you keep in touch with him. Thank God that you made something of yourself despite your father. God bless as you move on with your life.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by cymontempler: 11:21am On Sep 21, 2017
Arrogant son. Go and beg your father for forgiveness and let him bless you.

You had better reconcile with him. Follow peace with all men.

A son who is rejoicing over his dad's lack of fund.. Is that a Son.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
cymontempler:

Imbecilic judgemental commenter, you empty brain missed the pat where his father didn't show up for his weding and still tried to scatter it.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
cymontempler:

Imbecilic judgemental commenter, you empty brain missed the part where his father didn't show up for his wedding and still tried to scatter it.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by cymontempler: 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
Eggplant.

Shiit Head.... Moronic Fuckwit. Plonker like you don't know what forgiveness means.

Your porous brain can't understand basics. Twaat...

Bring it on. Piglet
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by 701ecilana: 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
I am his only son with two siblings. We have never been close as he has been so harsh and abusive towards me growing up both physically and emotionally, I HATED HIM AND STILL DO.

Shortly before my wedding, he tried to make amends for his misdeeds e.g calling me bastard anytime he is angry and how he had told me severally while in medical school to drop out and start hustling. I remember how he still tried to flog me after I graduated from medical school while at home waiting for housejob just because I had earphones on and according to him, "he called me more than once and I didn't answer".

I introduced my fiance to him on phone as I reside in another state 18 hours from where he stays. The day we were supposed to meet him at the church he pastors as no one knows where he lived (he sold our family house and absconded to an unknown place with a prophetess from his church), he gave excuses of how he was busy with church activities can't see us yet. I asked him to send his address severally but he refused to, stating that when he is ready to see us, he would. But he never did.

We tried to consult him to fix a date for the introduction but he asked us to liase with mum and other members of his family and let him know the day we have chosen, which we did. He still cooked up several excuses to miss the introduction saying they are having crusades and all. After the introduction, I still gave him a call so I could take my wife to him but he said he was fully busy and fully booked till the next few months. We returned to our base and intimited him that the wedding preparation had kicked off, we also carried him along every step of the way.

Shortly before the wedding he called my fiance one day and threatened that she dare not marry me without him seeing her first, she asked him when he would be free so she could visit but he never sent address or gave a time. We are both medical doctors with very tight schedule but we were still willing to make out the time. He called again a few days to our wedding and told her that the wedding will not take place and has to be cancelled, that he wanted to teach me a lesson for treating him as if he is unimportant, the phone was on speakerphone and I heard everything, my lady was already getting apprehensive so I walked away with the phone and raked for him so stop the joke.

He later started calling everyone in his family that we invited and many of our family friends not to attend and even warned them that their children too must not attend or else they would pick up curses. They all absconded from my wedding, thank God for my Mum's family and wifey's relatives, they filled up the entire space. The wedding took place and their absence was not felt. I made up my mind that I have had enough of his physical and emotional abuses and I completely cut him off.

The day my wife put to bed he called congratulating, I snatched the phone and warned him never to call my family again. I told him when he dies, I wont even attend his funeral. He reported me to his family elders, the ones that boycotted my wedding and they have been on my case since then telling me I have to come for a reconciliatory meeting bla bla... I received a call from him recently, he told me he had no regrets for not attending my wedding and that whether I like it or not, I would still come back on my knees begging for his forgiveness (I wonder what my sin is). My younger sister's wedding also took place recently and he didnt show up. He has gone to her house to apologise but he thinks I owe him an apology. He is now very sick, very broke, homeless and lonely and seeking for forgiveness especially from me. I have no pity for him. Mum has called me severally to mellow down and forgive him, BUT THAT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!

I have decided to deceive them and agree to the meeting and not show up on the day. I am relocating abroad in a few weeks with my wife and son and I guess I am excited that this would further create the much needed distance that I need from him and his useless family.

Some people may call me wicked but thats OK, and I wasn't joking, if truly he dies before me, my absence would be conspiquous at his funeral. Only then can we be even!

GO AHEAD AND JUDGE ME!
Judge you ke? Biko you too try. If he comes home to you, say goodbye to your marriage.

Forgive him tho.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by 701ecilana: 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
ediama:
Like the above person said, overcome evil with good.

Let's see what the person below me has to say!
Hahahahahaha. So, what have you got to say?
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by 701ecilana: 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
SirMichael1:

I'm teaching you twàt what you failed to acquire because you've got no common sense and yet you rebuff it like the pungent disgusting ignorant cretin you are. angry

Your ilks are found no more, couldn't survive 'cause they're so dumb. I'm right here trying to salvage you from going extinct, yet you wouldn't want that undecided
Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz@ Your likes are found no more.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by 701ecilana: 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Oh my God Michael you finished me! grin better calm down. Darn see yab. That was unnecessary and immature of you.

And are even still talking. cheesy
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by Adaumunocha(f): 7:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
701ecilana:

And are even still talking. cheesy
All for d fun.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by 701ecilana: 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
Adaumunocha:
All for d fun.
I see cheesy
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by ElsonMorali: 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Forgive him that's all i ve to say
He's still ur father regardless

He's just a sperm donor.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies by frozen70(f): 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2017
My advice to you, visit him before you travel, if he Say's he wants you to apologize, do so, at this stage of his life, he is being hunted by his wicked deeds, if your mum can endure his hostilities, then you should too. After apologizing if he ever requested for that during your visit, stay away from him and run for your dear life and that of your family

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Married Elder Brother Is Having An Affair With An Igbo gold digger / Meet My Son, Pics- Zikamax The Best Mum In The World. / House Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.