Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,390 members, 7,917,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 08:38 PM

Imf Boss Proposes A New World Reserve Currency - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Imf Boss Proposes A New World Reserve Currency (625 Views)

Angola, Hit By Collapse Of Oil Prices, Seeks IMF Aid / Start Of A New World War / Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Imf Boss Proposes A New World Reserve Currency by johnblaze1: 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2010
SEWELL CHAN
The New York Times
February 27, 2010
A D V E R T I S E M E N T

The chief of the International Monetary Fund said Friday that the organization should reorient itself to better detect systemic risks to the global economy and quickly step in with emergency loans when financial crises emerge.
The I.M.F. leader, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, also floated the idea of creating a global reserve currency that could serve as an alternative to the dollar.
After a speech at the I.M.F. headquarters, Mr. Strauss-Kahn said in response to a question about the fiscal crisis in Greece that the fund would be “happy to help if asked” but that the European Union appeared able to resolve the crisis on its own.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/27/business/27imf.html
Re: Imf Boss Proposes A New World Reserve Currency by johnblaze1: 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2010
Did I hear someone say "New world order"!!!! shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Ghananian Tribesman Enters US With assorted parts / Did You Hear? . . . . / The Roles Of Imf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.