Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,822 members, 7,966,034 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:33 AM

Refusing To Travel The Road To Rwanda By Adeola Daramola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refusing To Travel The Road To Rwanda By Adeola Daramola (400 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode: Nigeria - The Road To Rwanda, 6 Steps To Genocide / Lagos APC Primaries: Tinubu, Adeola Win, Ashafa Loses / Before Nigeria Goes The Way Of Rwanda By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Refusing To Travel The Road To Rwanda By Adeola Daramola by olash: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2017
I am sure some of us can still recollect vividly the genocide that happened in Rwanda in 1994 where about one million lives were lost within 100 days in a senseless ethnic cleansing.
In the build-up to the massacre, Hutus(majority tribe in Rwanda) believed the minority Tutsi were enjoying more than their fair share of the National cake. In order to correct the perceived anomaly, a radio station was set up. Radio Television Libres Des Mille Collines(RTLM) being financed by Hutu extremists, became a powerful weapon used to incite and spew hate speeches which played a significant role in triggering the genocide.
Here in Nigeria, just like Rwanda, Igbo believe they are being marginalized in the scheme of things, a hate radio station, being financed by some Igbo extremists within and outside government, was set up to incite and spew out hate speeches against other tribes. RTLM called other tribes in Rwanda cockroaches, Radio Biafra called Nigeria a zoo and called other tribes Animals. I implore my readers to watch these two films. "Hotel Rwanda and Sometimes in April" to understand the similarities between what happened in Rwanda in the build up to the genocide and what is playing out in Nigeria now.
The assumption of IPOB that igbos are hated by other Nigerians is very far from the reality on ground. I believe the igbos are the greatest beneficiaries of a united Nigeria. They are accommodated and given conducive atmosphere in Yoruba and Hausa lands to ply their trades and that is the reason the igbos living outside the southeast are far more successful than their kinsmen at home. I have visited all the states in Nigeria and I can authoritatively say that on the Richter scale of being accommodating, the igbos rank the least among major tribes in Nigeria and I am sure this is the reason why we have few non igbos living in the southeast.
I have read many books on the Nigerian civil war with the latest being "Tragedy of victory" by Alabi Isama. What I could deduce in all I read was the deafening silence of voice of reasoning when the problem was brewing. How can one defend a war that claimed more than 3 million lives(majorly igbos) and when the war got to a head, the war-monger ran away leaving the bereaved to bury their dead and pick their tattered lives together only to come back to marry the most beautiful girl in Nigeria.
Just like it happened in 1967, Nnamdi Kanu who has a British passport, with his crude, childish and annoying method has succeeded in pitching other tribes in Nigeria against the igbos. What baffles me most was the silence and tacit support from prominent Igbo sons and daughters to this miscreant when he was inviting trouble. Majority of these prominent igbos witnessed the civil war and ought to know better. I then concluded that there must be another grand plan by Kanu and other Igbo leaders to annihilate their people again just like it happened during the civil war. When python danced in his father's compound, Kanu is on the run.
To show you the level of hatred that IPOB and Kanu have for the igbos, I watched the video of some matchete-wielding youths in Aba where they were searching vehicles looking for Hausas to kill. I wondered how a group of people could be so stupid. You claimed to be fighting for Igbo cause and yet you put the lives and properties of millions of Igbo in the Northern part of the country on the line. Kudos to our Hausa brothers and sisters who saw the stupidity of Kanu and his gang of miscreants.
On why Buhari unleashed the military, I think that is what a sensible commander in chief should do. In 1984 when maitasine sect were terrorizing Borneo state, Buhari crushed them. Elzazaky will not forget Buhari in a hurry. I am sure we can still remember operation crocodile smile in the south south. Operation Lafita Dole is still ongoing in the North east. No commander in chief will tolerate IPOB and Kanu.
I support any operation that will bring normalcy to any part of the country where overzealous miscreants are taking the government for granted. We need iron hand like this on Kanu and his miscreants before they lead us on the road to Rwanda.

Adeola Daramola

cc lala

Re: Refusing To Travel The Road To Rwanda By Adeola Daramola by Ninethmare: 8:34am On Sep 19, 2017
Seen

(1) (Reply)

2019: PDP Youths Charge NCC, Kashamu, Ubah To Close Ranks / Hurricane Mariathat: PMB orders immediate evacuation of Nigerian students / This White Man Said Being Rich In Africa Is Like Being Free In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.