Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,819 members, 7,945,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:14 PM

Read The Inspiring Story Of Single Mother Whose Son Is Battling With Autism - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Read The Inspiring Story Of Single Mother Whose Son Is Battling With Autism (334 Views)

Mother Whose Son, 4, Was Born With His Intestine Outside His Body And Is Battlin / Man Battling With His Life After Bragging And Drinking 6 Bottles Of 42% Alcohol / GTB 8th Annual Autism Conference Raises Hope For Children With Autism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read The Inspiring Story Of Single Mother Whose Son Is Battling With Autism by Triton1996(m): 9:23am On Sep 19, 2017
To every glory is a story to tell and this aptly described the story of this delectable Nigerian woman known as Adeola Thompson who has refused to be knocked down by the circumstances of life but turning it to a channel of encouragement for the Aggrieved.
The single mother of one whose four year old son is battling with Autism was born extremely premature at 27 weeks and was later diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder, revealed how she has channelled the traumatic experience to comfort other people.
” I was born in Nigeria and had my primary school at Springfield Nursery and primary school Ikeja. Secondary school was Government college Ikorodu and I studied Microbiology at The polytechnic, Ibadan. I moved to the UK, London in 2008. I am presently studying Health and social care on the career path to become a neo natal nurse. I am a single mother with a 4 year old son who is autistic. After the emotional trauma of knowing my son has autism the acceptance of the diagnosis made me want to know more about Autism. I attended lots of training and workshop here in the U.K. and share my experience on my YouTube channel. I aim to create more awareness on autism. This will bridge the gap for people on the spectrum and the society. I also understand that many parents go through the struggle of accepting the diagnosis and there is so much stigma associated with it.
My intention is to enlighten people by creating awareness and understanding”.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Scientist In ABU ‘develops Malaria Vaccine’ / Learn How To Make All These Skin Care Products With Just 2k / Regulating The Irregular Menstruation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.