Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,975 members, 7,873,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:32 AM

Parents,students Commend ASUU For Calling Off Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents,students Commend ASUU For Calling Off Strike (345 Views)

Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees / Girl Blames ASUU For Masturbating All The Time, Begs Them To Call Off Strike / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parents,students Commend ASUU For Calling Off Strike by kelvee(m): 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
University students have expressed happiness over the decision by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to call off its five-weeks old strike. Some of the students told newsmen in Yenagoa on Tuesday that they were glad to hear that the union had called off the strike. The national body called off the industrial action on Monday. Francis Alazial, a final year student of Niger Delta University (NDU) Amasomma, said he was short of words to express his happiness over the call off. He said “I cannot express my joy since I heard the news that ASUU had called off the strike. “I am in my final year and about to finish my semester examination when lecturers commenced the strike.” Another 300 level student of NDU, Paul Semion, described ASUU decision as a welcome development, saying students would now resume normal academic activities from Wednesday. He, however, called on the Federal Government to keep to the agreements reached between it and the lecturers so as not to disrupt academic activities in universities again. “The Federal Government should try as much as possible to keep to the promises reached to ensure uninterrupted academic activities in future,” he added. Similarly, most of the parents who spoke to NAN on the issue expressed gratitude to ASUU and government for making it possible for academic activities to resume. They, however, advised lecturers to always go for dialogue in resolving dispute rather th

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/parents-students-commend-ASUU-calling-off-strike/

1 Like

Re: Parents,students Commend ASUU For Calling Off Strike by mikejj(m): 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
grin all my ladies danceh danceh oya kukere atigi.i yam watching the govt first

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Federal Polytechnic Idah Post-utme 2017/18 Admission Screening Form Released / What A School? / Best Angular Js Online Training - Bytes Online Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.