Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,498 members, 7,951,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:10 AM

What Does It Mean That Women Will Be “saved” Through Childbearing (1timothy 2:15 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean That Women Will Be “saved” Through Childbearing (1timothy 2:15 (443 Views)

Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? / God Told Me That Women With Trousers& Jewelry Will Go To Hell - Evangelist Linda / Pastor Prays For Couples: Other Women Will Smell Like Excreta To Your Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean That Women Will Be “saved” Through Childbearing (1timothy 2:15 by unitypeace: 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
This verse has been misinterpreted to mean that any woman who bears a child is automatically saved by........
Find answers. www.beforegodanswer.com

Visit our website site NOW www.beforegodanswer.com for related articles.
The knowledge and wisdom you have today can be a life changer for a better future. Some families and individuals have missed out to read what would help shape a better home and society. Nobody has all the answers.

The most interesting part is that the site comes with a forum where we share opinion, ideas and read comments. What you read learn and share today will make a big difference for a better society. We can not do it along by our self. Read More, Find answers...... click .... http://www.beforegodanswer.com

Your voice counts. Sign up and join the forum today which will take less than a minute. www.beforegodanswer.com

Re: What Does It Mean That Women Will Be “saved” Through Childbearing (1timothy 2:15 by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Feb 26
unitypeace:
■ This verse has been misinterpreted to mean that any woman who bears a child is automatically saved by........Find answers. www.beforegodanswer.com
This is another one of Paul's many opinions that directly contradicts the Truth of Jesus Christ. Below is what is supposedly written in Paul's letter to Timothy during the last days of God's final judgment against the Nation of Israel(and Judah) in the Land of Canaan. undecided
8 I want the men everywhere to pray. Men who lift their hands in prayer must be devoted to God and pleasing to him. They must be men who keep themselves from getting angry and having arguments.
9 And I want the women to make themselves attractive in the right way. Their clothes should be sensible and appropriate. They should not draw attention to themselves with fancy hairstyles or gold jewelry or pearls or expensive clothes.
10 But they should make themselves attractive by the good things they do. That is more appropriate for women who say they are devoted to God.
11 A woman should learn while listening quietly and being completely willing to obey.
12 I don’t allow a woman to teach a man or tell him what to do. She must listen quietly,
13 because Adam was made first. Eve was made later.
14 Also, Adam was not the one who was tricked. It was the woman who was tricked and became a sinner.
15 But women will be saved in their work of having children. They will be saved if they continue to live in faith, love, and holiness with sensible behavior. - 1 Timothy 2 vs 8 - 15
And this is what Jesus Christ said of women in Jerusalem during in the same period.
27 A large crowd followed Jesus. Some of the women were sad and crying. They felt sorry for him.
28 But Jesus turned and said to the women, “Women of Jerusalem, don’t cry for me. Cry for yourselves and for your children too.
29 The time is coming when people will say, ‘The women who cannot have babies are the ones God has blessed. It’s really a blessing that they have no children to care for.’
30 Then the people will say to the mountains, ‘Fall on us!’ They will say to the hills, ‘Cover us!’
31 If this can happen to someone who is good, what will happen to those who are guilty?” - Luke 23 vs 27 - 31
As you can see, clearly, something amiss as far as some of the claims contained in the letters attributed to the person of Paul.
Re: What Does It Mean That Women Will Be “saved” Through Childbearing (1timothy 2:15 by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Feb 29
The false prophets and teachers of religion are notorious for using that lie and other interpretations of it to enslave many women with. undecided
Re: What Does It Mean That Women Will Be “saved” Through Childbearing (1timothy 2:15 by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Mar 11
Tecnom3:
In 1 Cor, when Paul is laying out the the tradition of the resurrection to his readers, he lays out a tradition with his own testimony at the end.
1Cr 15:3-8 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. .
There is an obvious problem with the claim that Paul said in that passage of him supposedly being the last that Jesus Christ appeared to be.
3 I gave you the message that I received. I told you the most important truths: that Christ died for our sins, as the Scriptures say;
4 that he was buried and was raised to life on the third day, as the Scriptures say;
5 and that he appeared to Peter and then to the twelve apostles.
6 After that Christ appeared to more than 500 other believers at the same time. Most of them are still living today, but some have died.
7 Then he appeared to James and later to all the apostles.
8 Last of all, he appeared to me. I was different, like a baby born before the normal time. - 1 Corinthians 15 vs 3 - 8
Jesus Christ in His Gospel proclaimed that all the people in the the land at the time would see Him coming in the glory in that same generation that his disciples lived in. The passage below is one of 3 found in the Gospels which illustrates what the people of the time must have seen(by way of dreams or visions, thanks to the spirit of God poured out on those in the land at that time- Joel 2 vs 28 - 31).
26 “Someone might tell you, ‘The Messiah is there in the desert!’ But don’t go into the desert to look for him. Someone else might say, ‘There is the Messiah in that room!’ But don’t believe it.
27 When the Son of Man comes, everyone will see him. It will be like lightning flashing in the sky that can be seen everywhere.
28 It’s like looking for a dead body: You will find it where the vultures are gathering above.
29 “Right after the trouble of those days, this will happen: ‘The sun will become dark, and the moon will not give light. The stars will fall from the sky, and everything in the sky will be changed.’
30 “Then there will be something in the sky that shows the Son of Man is coming. All the people of the world will cry. Everyone will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds in the sky. He will come with power and great glory.
31 He will use a loud trumpet to send his angels all around the earth. They will gather his chosen people from every part of the earth. - Matthew 24 vs 26 - 31
He revealed that the coming of His Kingdom— the nationwide/Israel-wide ushering in of the New Covenant— would happen before the end of the Last Days of God's judgment against the Nation of Israel(and Judah). So, when Paul suggests that Jesus Christ was revealed to only a select few, he is seriously mistaken. undecided
Re: What Does It Mean That Women Will Be “saved” Through Childbearing (1timothy 2:15 by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Mar 11
I came cross 1cor 11::5 which left me short of words this morning and juxterposing it with the old testament leaves my short of words on the fact most pentecostal church including mine. It's there another angle to this?
This happens to be another one of the claims in Paul's letters that directly contravenes Jesus Christ who instead said in His Gospel that all men and women are equal and that He alone is Head/Master over those who belong to Him - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10.
1 Follow my example, just as I follow the example of Christ. Being Under Authority
2 I praise you because you remember me in all things. You follow closely the teachings I gave you.
3 But I want you to understand this: The head of every man is Christ. And the head of a woman is the man.[a] And the head of Christ is God.
4 Every man who prophesies or prays with his head covered brings shame to his head.
5 But every woman who prays or prophesies should have her head covered. If her head is not covered, she brings shame to her head. Then she is the same as a woman who has her head shaved.
6 If a woman does not cover her head, it is the same as cutting off all her hair. But it is shameful for a woman to cut off her hair or to shave her head. So she should cover her head.
7 But a man should not cover his head, because he is made like God and is God’s glory. But woman is man’s glory.
8 Man did not come from woman. Woman came from man.
9 And man was not made for woman. Woman was made for man.
10 So that is why a woman should have her head covered with something that shows she is under authority. Also, she should do this because of the angels.
11 But in the Lord the woman needs the man, and the man needs the woman.
12 This is true because woman came from man, but also man is born from woman. Really, everything comes from God.
13 Decide this for yourselves: Is it right for a woman to pray to God without something on her head?
14 Even nature itself teaches you that wearing long hair is shameful for a man.
15 But wearing long hair is a woman’s honor. Long hair is given to the woman to cover her head.
16 Some people may still want to argue about this. But we and the churches of God don’t accept what those people are doing. - 1 Corinthians 11 vs 1 - 16
Counter to that laid down in the Gospels by the one whom Paul claims here is the authority over him, Paul seems to declare that he, Paul, opposes the ideas set down by Jesus Christ in regards to
● Jesus Christ's ruling that He alone is the only authority over even the women in His flock
● Jesus Christ's ruling that all men and women are governed by the same rules in the Kingdom of God.
8 “But you must not be called ‘Teacher.’ You are all equal as brothers and sisters. You have only one Teacher.
9 And don’t call anyone on earth ‘Father.’ You have one Father. He is in heaven.
10 And you should not be called ‘Master.’ You have only one Master, the Messiah.
11 Whoever serves you like a servant is the greatest among you.
12 People who think they are better than others will be made humble. But people who humble themselves will be made great. - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 12
● Jesus Christ's ruling that marriages are of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God
34 Jesus said to the Sadducees, “On earth, people marry each other.
35 Some people will be worthy to be raised from death and live again after this life. In that life they will not marry.
[b]36
In that life people are like angels and cannot die. They are children of God, because they have been raised from death. - Luke 20 vs 34 - 35
● Jesus Christ's ruling that honor comes to both men and women in His flock only through their continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments.
23 Jesus answered, All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24 But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not mine. It is from my Father who sent me. - John 14 vs 23 - 24

Whoever wrote this portion of the letter — Paul is assumed the writer of course—, did not agree with much of what Jesus Christ taught in His Gospel regarding these things. To add to it, the writer even went as far as to add his own rules to suggest that he has authority given him to add or change God's very own Law as he sees fit. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(fri. 22/09/2017) When You Are Blessed / Laodicea, Part 4 : "Buy" Your Salvation ( Rev 3:18 ) - Paul Ellis / Women Forced To Remove The Veil On Day One Of Austrian Burqa Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.