Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,428 members, 7,920,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 10:14 AM

The Russians Are Driving Facebook Out Of Europe - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Russians Are Driving Facebook Out Of Europe (396 Views)

Export To Any Part Of Europe And Usa / How Msmes Are Driving Economic Growth In Nigeria / **Vehicle Papers +Driving License: -Anambra-Delta-Imo-Enugu-Ebonyi & Environ** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Russians Are Driving Facebook Out Of Europe by kokomaster3d: 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
I think in the nearest future Facebook will not be the default social networking site. The Russian Networking sites vk.com and ok.ru are giving Facebook tough time in the region. At the moment vk.com is more popular than Facebook in most European countries while ok.ru is following behind. But why can't Nigerians create their own version of Facebook. I think we can do it. And the striking thing is vk.com and ok.ru are all similar to facebook features. I don't know why the European countries are dumping facebook to vk and ok.ru.

For those saying 'create something new' There is nothing new under the sun. All you have to do is start. Copy and paste is allowed in business as long as people accept and buy into your venture. The founders of Jumia in Germany are copy cats. They copied amazon at one time - same website, same logo and sold it for millions of dollars. Also Jumia website was copied from aliexpress.

As Africans, we can copy some of these businesses in the developed world and domesticate in Africa. I would love to see more indigenous companues founded by Nigerians like konga, yudala, payporte, paystack, nairaland, lindaikeji, etc. Why should we allow foreign owned companies like jumia, naij, olx, jiji, dominate the Nigeria internet space. It can never happen in China or Russia.

My opinion thougth so don't crucify me abeg

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

WHERE Can I Buy SAFETY APRON / What Should I Do As Business After Secondary School Before Admission / Updated 2017 U.K, USA Premium Email List In Different Professional Field.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.