Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:41 AM

NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin (22486 Views)

NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi / Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate / NNPC Confirms Adequate Hydrocarbon In The Sokoto Basin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by warripekin(m): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2017
GeoOla25:
jokers... i wonder this waste of resources...illumedien basin..has no reservoir potentials, The borehole section is delineated into upper foraminifera and ostracod biostratigraphic units as no formal biostratigraphic zonation could be attempted due to low diversity of both benthic foraminifera, marine ostracods and the absence of planktonic foraminifera.
Kegeron that has the oil profile at commercial quantity are formed from the planktonic forams.....we will all wait for the outcomes!

The geologist has spoken but they won't listen. The illumedien basin has been extensively mapped geologically on the Niger republic end by French geosurvey and no trace of hydrocarbon is found. let them search for phosphate instead

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by sirley(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2017
welcome development lets d wailers wail
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2017
ydass:
lol waste Nigeria money dey find oil for where there is no oil. Why are people still in support of Buhari. He is a bigot and a johadist
Yet he said there is no future in oil undecided
Deceit and LIARS everywhere
Selfish leaders. All they care about is themselves!

I pity any citizen who place any trust in this current regime

1 Like

Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by Sunnyja: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2017
Esseite:
Circles.... these are just looting strategies through phantom contracts...

What happened to the millions of dollars spent in exploration at chad basin.. now its sokoto, well lets expect yobe, taraba and kaduna next..

The world is moving away from oil and here we are spending our little resources searching for oil.
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2017
emmasege:
Thank you for bringing this up. You should understand why they are not looking that way. The Benue Basin can not represent the interest of the core north, just like the Niger Basin will not.

We all know that states like Benue and some other middle belt states are different to a large extent from the core northern states in terms of culture and ideology. Oil drilling within the Benue Basin will be like a continuation of enrichment of the southern region and impoverisaton of the core north. The king of the north doesn't want that.

There must be a reason why the exploration was stopped. Your question on oil deposit in Benue axis should be directed to Peter Obi a fmr Snr Special Adviser on economy to GEJ & fmr Governor of Anambra State. He once established a Refinery in Anambra which is supposed to receive crude from a well in Kogi. What happens to this refinery ?
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by elopee3000(m): 11:10am On Sep 21, 2017
Today they re looking for oil in the north using oil money from south tomorrow osibanjo will open his ewedu mouth to tell us that oil will be useless in five years to come angry angry may chukwu okike abiama make all of them go mad on the street

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by emmasege: 11:29am On Sep 21, 2017
babaolofin:

There must be a reason why the exploration was stopped. Your question on oil deposit in Benue axis should be directed to Peter Obi a fmr Snr Special Adviser on economy to GEJ & fmr Governor of Anambra State. He once established a Refinery in Anambra which is supposed to receive crude from a well in Kogi. What happens to this refinery ?
Same exploration had been attempted by previous administrations in the Chad basin. Why did they drop the idea and why the vested interest in the basin by the current administration while the Benue basin was not revisited?
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by awuf2008: 11:31am On Sep 21, 2017
Is this what Nigerians needs now? No.... Nigerians wants, employment, good infrastructures, stable power and adequate security.
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by abdoolyabour: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2017
ydass:
lol waste Nigeria money dey find oil for where there is no oil. Why are people still in support of Buhari. He is a bigot and a johadist
haha you felt sad ba, sorry en
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by Mbediogu(m): 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
...so much hypocrisy on diversification of our economy aside the oil sector.
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
emmasege:
Same exploration had been attempted by previous administrations in the Chad basin. Why did they drop the idea and why the vested interest in the basin by the current administration while the Benue basin was not revisited?

I want the Anambrans to answer me. There was conflict between kogi & anambra community over an oil well in that area. It seems on nairaland, people that have answers to technical or intelligence questions keep quiet, most of the time, you find sensation , diverted, rude or insultive response.

On your question, the answers are in my earlier postings on this thread. New technologies have made discovery of new oil wells possible all over the world. They should have allowed the private investors to do that having wasted billion of dollars earlier. Private investors should also invest in the Benue basin.

The South West has link to Niger Delta basin as well to Dahomey basin in upper area. While billion of dollars was earlier wasted in the Chad basin, what stopped them from spending fraction of that money to prospect for oil in the South West? Imagine if late Pa Folawiyo with little education but strong will & faith in God had not taken the risk to venture into Aje Oilfield in the Dahomey Basin? Ogun State had been inviting them, I know they will not come until a private investor has finished all the major survey & analysis.
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by brianknight: 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
activistjohnny:
Congratulations to sokoto state on this oil discovery. Sokoto state ought to have been drilling hydrocarbon by now. Since libya land has crude oil definitely sokoto state which is desert areas ought to have been producing oil too.

It's not an oil discovery but rather an exploration to map out the regional geology and the the prospect of the presence of hydrocarbons. This is a necessary step before drilling; which is the only way to prove (discover) oil.
I hope they find "something" though.
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by BALLOSKI: 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
Blue3k:
Hmm odd but what ever. Never heard anything about Sokoto basin til now. If they are getting oil I would assume Benue trough best spot first.

that's because you ain't a geologist. My department usually go there for field trip.

Benue trough has that prospect.
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by BALLOSKI: 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
babaolofin:

I want the Anambrans to answer me. There was conflict between kogi & anambra community over an oil well in that area. It seems on nairaland, people that have answers to technical or intelligence questions keep quiet, most of the time, you find sensation , diverted, rude or insultive response.

On your question, the answers are in my earlier postings on this thread. New technologies have made discovery of new oil wells possible all over the world. They should have allowed the private investors to do that having wasted billion of dollars earlier. Private investors should also invest in the Benue basin.

The South West has link to Niger Delta basin as well to Dahomey basin in upper area. While billion of dollars was earlier wasted in the Chad basin, what stopped them from spending fraction of that money to prospect for oil in the South West? Imagine if late Pa Folawiyo with little education but strong will & faith in God had not taken the risk to venture into Aje Oilfield in the Dahomey Basin? Ogun State had been inviting them, I know they will not come until a private investor has finished all the major survey & analysis.
those illiterates calling others "parasites" don't know the source rock is in the SW.
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by Tellemall: 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
Neoviper147:
Let's start developing our electricity...I am a Nigerian that works with the world producer of electric cars, Tesla. This is the truth, the wold is doing away with fossil fuel by 10 years from now. China is building giga factories 4 times the size of Tesla's giga factory. Most European countries are doing same. Discovering oil in sokoto or any part of the world now is a waste. We should work on our electricity so that we can charge our cars by 10years from now. We are already using electric cars in America.

How many users of electric cars are there in America?

How many cars in America still run on fossil fuels?

What infrastructure was laid in place concerning the development of the concept?

How affordable are electric cars?

Electric cars will take a long time to be incorporated in a world designed to run on fossil fuels. Basically, it's a pipeline dream that only greens look forward to.

And Green is simply not an evolution but a noisy revolution.
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by Okuda(m): 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
activistjohnny:
Congratulations to sokoto state on this oil discovery. Sokoto state ought to have been drilling hydrocarbon by now. Since libya land has crude oil definitely sokoto state which is desert areas ought to have been producing oil too.

make them find the oil make them let Biafrans go!
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by flecho: 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by akmath: 5:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
I swear i love NL. Most times If i see post i no like to read other people comment b4 i write my own cus u go just see people wey speak ur mind. Ma hear say na north get the oil wey dey south, niger 4 don divide tey tey.
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by Modestyarts: 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2017
akmath:
I swear i love NL. Most times If i see post i no like to read other people comment b4 i write my own cus u go just see people wey speak ur mind. Ma hear say na north get the oil wey dey south, niger 4 don divide tey tey.

THAT IS WHY GOD IS GOD!
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by poseidon12: 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
I really hope they find oil in commercial quantity in the far North. That would encourage the North to support restructuring and resource control.
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by Itshsb: 1:53am On Sep 22, 2017
Aliyu Wamakko (former governor) actually said since 2012 there was oil in sokoto.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/21/sokoto-has-abundant-crude-oil-deposits-says-wammako/
Re: NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin by shallysgirl: 4:11am On Sep 22, 2017
cheesy ;DDi didn't read the post Sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Senior WAEC Official Confirms Buhari’s Secondary School Results / : EFCC Raids Residence Of Ex-zamfara Governor, Abdulaziz Yari (pics) / David Mark Celebrates His 67th Birthday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.