Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,046 members, 7,903,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:13 PM

Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. (6825 Views)

The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE / A Question To The Atheists: Hardmirror,hahn,hopefullandlord Et Al / Don't Be Deceived By The Atheists And Other Agents Of Satan. Please Read... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. by ScienceWatch: 11:11am On Sep 24, 2017
Martinez19:
Over and over again, christians keep saying that if atheists don't believe in God, why do they keep bashing God? If atheists don't believe the claims and teachings in christianity, why do we bother? This I shall address.

What we are angry at is the concept of God and the teachings and precepts of religion and how it influences and impact our beloved world.
christianity just like other world religions are being used to enslave the minds of people. It is being used to control, manipulate and exploit the masses. It costs people their lives. That's why until the last stone of the last church falls on the last preacher(conman), we will not rest.

Think of all the money people would have used for themselves, help the poor or fund scientific researches if they were not manipulated into giving by their christian god or pastors.

Christians like them can be easily freed given that they are honest unlike hypocrites. If you knew a scam artist and you could stop him, wouldn't you try to stop him? If you knew something was holding your own specie from progress, wouldn't you try to stop it?

There are people that are grateful to nairaland atheist for freeing them from the shackles of religion and all the fears they had.
So christians and other religious folks, we bother and won't let it be.

HopefulLandlord, hahn, HardMirror, 1Sharon, Johnydon22, 0temAtum, catfishbilly, butterflylion, felixomor, deicide, Oliverpope, jiggaz, lightblazingnow, KingEbukasBlog, lepasharon etc. Your contributions will be appreciated.

You know the answer, You are an unregistered Atheist. Just look at youself as an Atheist outside the sacred INNER CIRCLE of Atheism. It just dont feel right. If you dont pay your membership fees you become like a thief taking a ride on a bus without paying.

Have you got your Atheist T-Shirt yet ? You can buy this “Religion – together we can find the cure” T-shirt from the Richard Dawkins Foundation store for just 7,206.03 Naira and contribute to the spread of reason, rationality, and progress!

A unbiased investigator into Atheism had this to say, " It is true that many preachers, clerics, and religious organizations collect money from people dishonestly to enrich themselves, although I believe a lot of the money raised via religious channels is used for fair and charitable purposes. I would like, however, to point out that atheism too can be converted into a scamming enterprise, and Dawkins is apparently doing just that.”

Today I have read an article with the title “The bizarre—and costly—cult of the prophet of modern Atheism, Richard Dawkins,” which claims that Dawkins offers members of his foundation, which is allegedly dedicated for “reason, science and progress,” some “valuable” benefits such as the chance to meet him in person!

However, this privilege of meeting Richard Dawkins is not available to ordinary members.
Membership is organized hierarchically in circles—depending of course on how much money you pay for his “non-profit” organization—called the “Dawkins Circles”. The “Reason Circle,” which is the cheapest option, costs 27,000 Naira monthly and offers you discounts on merchandize from the foundation store, such as this cool T-shirt above, and the chance to attend events with “Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science personalities.”

However, 27,000Naira a month is too little for the karma you gain from having a private lunch with the “Holy Prophet” himself. Such a privilege is reserved for members of the “Evolution Circle” or “The Magic of Reality Circle,” which cost, again according to the article cited above, 31.4million Naira – $500,000 annually. Do your own research, there are more disturbing facts.

I went to the official website of the Richard Dawkins Foundation to search for any clues about the “Dawkins Circles.”
Re: Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. by Martinez19(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2017
ScienceWatch:
How a world famous geneticist went from staunch atheist to Christian convert
17th March 2016

Read the amazing testimony of Francis S. Collins, M.D, Ph.D
http://www.examiner.com/article/francis-collins-geneticist-turns-from-staunch-atheist-to-christian-apologist

In the 1990s, Francis Collins, the head of the Human Genome Project, stood by Bill Clinton’s side as the President announced: 'Today we are learning the language in which God created life.'
One of the most respected scientists in the field of genetic research, Collins was a self-described 'obnoxious atheist' in his academic days. During this stage in his life, it seemed clear to Collins that science had all of the answers. Any questions about life and the universe could ultimately be reduced to physics and chemistry.

After college, Collins attended medical school, where he was confronted by a broad spectrum of suffering and disease. To his surprise, one of his patients happily described how her religious beliefs supported her through her suffering, and then challenged him on his own beliefs.
Forced to examine the evidence concerning the truth or falsity of religion, Collins was eventually led to read C. S. Lewis’ Mere Christianity, where, he says, '...within the first three pages, I realised that my arguments against faith were those of a schoolboy.'
He realised that no law of science could adequately explain the existence of morality

When Collins read Lewis’ critique of moral law, he realised that no law of science could adequately explain the existence of morality, but a Creator God fit the explanation perfectly.
While the logic of it was striking, Collins’ true conversion experience came from an experience of natural beauty. He describes it this way:

17th March 2016
Read the amazing testimony of Francis S. Collins, M.D, Ph.D
http://www.examiner.com/article/francis-collins-geneticist-turns-from-staunch-atheist-to-christian-apologist
In the 1990s, Francis Collins, the head of the Human Genome Project, stood by Bill Clinton’s side as the President announced: 'Today we are learning the language in which God created life.'

One of the most respected scientists in the field of genetic research, Collins was a self-described 'obnoxious atheist' in his academic days. During this stage in his life, it seemed clear to Collins that science had all of the answers. Any questions about life and the universe could ultimately be reduced to physics and chemistry.
After college, Collins attended medical school, where he was confronted by a broad spectrum of suffering and disease. To his surprise, one of his patients happily described how her religious beliefs supported her through her suffering, and then challenged him on his own beliefs.
Forced to examine the evidence concerning the truth or falsity of religion, Collins was eventually led to read C. S. Lewis’ Mere Christianity, where, he says, '...within the first three pages, I realised that my arguments against faith were those of a schoolboy.'
He realised that no law of science could adequately explain the existence of morality

When Collins read Lewis’ critique of moral law, he realised that no law of science could adequately explain the existence of morality, but a Creator God fit the explanation perfectly.
While the logic of it was striking, Collins’ true conversion experience came from an experience of natural beauty.
the patient's religious beliefs supported her through her suffering? Did it heal her in the hospital? Why was she at the hospital in the first place?
Re: Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. by JackBizzle: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
Martinez19:
the patient's religious beliefs supported her through her suffering? Did it heal her in the hospital? Why was she at the hospital in the first place?

Pls ignore sciecewatch. The guy is a deranged lunatic.
Re: Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. by ScienceWatch: 7:41am On Sep 25, 2017
Martinez19:
You have just read an awesome article I have posted here about
a world famous geneticist who went from staunch atheist to Christian convert but sadly, your method of questioning reveals your serious mental and spiritual deficiency Martinez19.

The Schizophrenic psycho and unregistered Atheist, Lackbizzle is pleading with you to ignore me because the incredible article I posted is a tough challenge for him and others that pretend to be TRUTH-SEEKERS.

No TRUTH-SEEKING GROUP would want Lackbizzle as a member. Richard Dawkins has pleaded for all Atheists to register and pay/Tithe the required 27,000Niara per month, but after I checked the Atheist Registrations, Lack/ Jackbizzle remains an unregistered Atheist.

The first lesson you will have to learn as a TRUTH SEEKER is that you must refuse to make friends with lazy Low-Level Atheists
that are vexations to the spirit of truth. They will take you down with them.

It is their hidden agenda to take you down !!
Re: Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. by superhumanist(m): 9:01am On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
No I haven't but at least I have people who have gone there and saw with their eyes most of the things you people disbelieve with your shortsightedness

If you had been to isreal, you would have known that the tour guides lie about the history of Jesus- especially to black Nigerians who are hyper-religious. Different tour guides will hype different historical sites with different stories to impress Jesus freaks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. by segunojo866: 11:23am On Sep 25, 2017
superhumanist:

If you had been to isreal, you would have known that the tour guides lie about the history of Jesus- especially to black Nigerians who are hyper-religious. Different tour guides will hype different historical sites with different stories to impress Jesus freaks.

Jesus is a black man grin
Re: Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. by ScienceWatch: 11:36am On Sep 25, 2017
JackBizzle:

Pls ignore sciecewatch. The guy is a deranged lunatic.
Shut up Jackbizzle, Martinez19 dont need your advice.
Martinez19 is an enlightened Atheist searching for higher truth in the same way Professor Francis Collins, the head of the Human Genome Project did.

Forced to examine the evidence concerning the truth or falsity of religion, Prof. Francis Collins was eventually led to read
C. S. Lewis’ Mere Christianity, where, he says, '...within the first three pages, I realised that my arguments against faith were those of a schoolboy.'

When Professor F. Collins read Lewis’ critique of moral law, he realised that no law of science could adequately explain the existence of morality, but a Creator God fit the explanation perfectly.

If a Professor and head of the Human Genome Project and self-described 'obnoxious atheist' could use his intelligence to examine himself and admit that his "arguments against faith were those of a schoolboy.' What does it say about the intelligence of Jackbizzle (Lackbizzle) ? ? ?
Re: Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. by tosyne2much(m): 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
superhumanist:

You don't mean it

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. by butterflylion: 9:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
You don't mean it

grin grin

The guy is a desperado. So now tour guides would lie when the same information is available on the internet.

Smh
Re: Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. by superhumanist(m): 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
You don't mean it

Sarcasm in this case only makes you look petty, sir.

Travel to Isreal and find out the truth for yourself.
Re: Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. by superhumanist(m): 11:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
butterflylion:

grin grin

The guy is a desperado. So now tour guides would lie when the same information is available on the internet.

Smh

Sir, have you been to isreal? Your answer won't surprise me. Also, you should know that not everything is on the internet. This is travelling advice 101.

Even internet travel guides can give varying information. It would surprise you how many 3 star hotels in Europe are like brothels.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? / Why Is It Impossible For Prophet TB Joshua To Use Demonic Power To Do Healing / Let US Make Man In OUR Own Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.