Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,916 members, 7,942,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 06:22 AM

The Light That Stayed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Light That Stayed (351 Views)

Lucy The Dark Angel:a Darkness In The Light / Read For Free - The Story Of Ene – Title ”the Light” / Darkness In The Light: Vengeance, Bitter Truths, Love And Betrayal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Light That Stayed by lalaponcus(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2017
THE LIGHT THAT STAYED

I was walking back from an errand that night.
On a tiled road, I moved.
Swaggering joyously for the zenith bank beep which I had received.

Gazing into the night sky and admiring the stars like I always did.
For I believe that I would be an astrologer in the next life if the Hinduist beliefs are true.

While admiring the great poem which the Omnipotent stylus wrote, I saw a moving light.
Up above was a star which threw up different lights.
A star I recognized to be a plane.

Intoxicated by the drink of the bank alert.
Spurred by the desire to engage in quick game, I began to fasten my pace to catch up.
Every stride brought an increased rush of dopamine.
Every stride brought the daring thought that I could catch up with that moving body.
Every stride was like a block building up zerubabbel-like tower of hope which became increasingly fragile.
Every stride painted a much clearer vision of the victory party which I would throw if I finally met up with the light.

Alas!
The light kept moving without showing signs of stopping.
The plane kept gliding in space without no thought of the perspiring individual who hoped that it would stop.
The gents donning white uniforms in the flight cockpit kept the course steady without no thought of the dreams they were shattering deep down within me.

Alas!
Within minutes, the moving light disappeared.
Never to be seen even though I strained my eyes in search for it.

With its disappearance came dispair.
For I had forgotten it was just a game.
For I had truly yearned to be victorious.
For my hopes had been shattered and dreams disrupted.

While still moping, I saw a true star and began to walk towards it.
For it stood in its place and did not move an inch.
A star which did not immediately stimulate me, yet provided true joy.
As I knew that it would not leave me high and dry like the moving light.

Then, it came to me.
That 'Eureka' word that emanated from Mungo Park's lips when he saw the Niger river.
That 'thank God' sentence that emanated from Christopher Columbus's lips when he reached the new world.
That 'wow' expression that shined brightly on Stephen Hawkins face when he comfirmed the existence of Black holes through advanced calculus.

That moment I understood;

No matter how much I chased after pleasure, it would leave me high and dry;
No matter how much I drank from the pool of the world, I would not be satisfied;
No matter how much I satisfied people, they would not always give me peace;
No matter how much I strive to reach the top of the mountain, I would discover that there is nothing there.

Then I realized;
That with Jesus, my life would be perfected.
That my satisfaction resides within that light that stayed.
#Bashorun

Okontas.com

Hello Friend, Covenant Chimnonso, a brother of mine would be needing your help in winning the Etisalat prize for photography. I hope you will vote for him biko.

http:///CCBenji9ja

(1) (Reply)

Day1: Be Perfect In Your Imperfections / Christmas / Feel Beautiful, Be Beautiful. Don't Let Words Bring You Down!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.