Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,550 members, 7,975,161 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:18 PM

Biafra; Igbo Community Shuns Engagements With Ipob. Nasarawareports - Godson I N - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra; Igbo Community Shuns Engagements With Ipob. Nasarawareports - Godson I N (350 Views)

Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast / Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive, Spotted In Jerusalem Praying, Poses With IPOB Members / Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biafra; Igbo Community Shuns Engagements With Ipob. Nasarawareports - Godson I N by NasarawaReports: 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
BIAFRA; IGBO COMMUNITY SHUNS ENGAGEMENTS WITH IPOB.
NasarawaReports - Godson Ikpontu

Chief Godwin Onemaka, leader of the Igbo community has trashed the agitation of the Indigenous people of Biafra, urging them to reflect on the collateral damages and prevailing consequences which the movement will expose.

He commended the south eastern governors for reviewing the weight of the matter. Chief Godwin Onemaka, made this assertions during an interview at Adamawa state with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) today. Onemaka cited the devastating impact of a civil war and the need to shun the movement so as to maintain peace and unity in Nigeria.

the leader of the Igbo community said that the Biafra agitation has failed and there is no need to restart it; the agitators should consider the interests of the Igbos in other parts of the country. “We are looking for a way of developing ourselves and the country while most of us have invested much outside south eastern part of the country, he says.

However, he cleared the air on the position of Igbo community in Adamawa state, he says “we want to distance ourselves from the agitations, we have lived in the northern part of the country for years and our children have studied there, most of whom are graduates now,’’ Onemaka said.
The leader also commended the south eastern state governors for intervening in the matter but expressed concern about declaring the agitators as terrorists.

NasarawaReports gathered that the Ndigbo Peace Movement and Arewa Groups have stressed on the need for peaceful co-existence not-withstanding our ethnic and religious differences.

Re: Biafra; Igbo Community Shuns Engagements With Ipob. Nasarawareports - Godson I N by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
The Igbos have a large market they have to maintain as Nigerians.
Re: Biafra; Igbo Community Shuns Engagements With Ipob. Nasarawareports - Godson I N by Bayajidda1: 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
angry

(1) (Reply)

The Excesses Of Ipob's Nnamdi Kanu / We've Not Strengthened All Relevant Institutions To Fight Corruption - Minister / Life In Camp Is Miserable” Bama Resident Protest The Condition Of Living In Idps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.