Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,895 members, 7,918,913 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:27 PM

Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon (2701 Views)

What Has This Police Man Done To Be Beaten Up Like This In Effurun / North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt / Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by enohj2ee(m): 8:13am On Mar 03, 2010
Former Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Alhaji (Dr) Abubakar Tsav, has said that the Minister for Information and Communication, Professor Dora Akunyili, has taken the President’s health issue personal, noting that she had, by her comments, been fanning embers of discord between both the camps of President Yar’Adua and Acting President Goodluck Jonathan.

The national critic and social commentator, while reacting to Prof. Akunyili’s interview published in the Sunday Sun, February 28, 2010, said, “I am one of many Nigerians who admire and appreciate Prof Dora Akunyili for what she stands for.

“However, within recent times, Prof Akunyili has appeared to be talking too much and she is personalizing the Yar’Adua health issue. She is beating war drums and may soon start the song ‘Nzogbu nzogbu’ for her supporters to respond with ‘Eyinmba enyi!’

“Prof Akunyili is overzealously, trying to create enmity between Yar’Adua and Jonathan’s camps regardless of the fact that they belong to the same political party. If by the power of God Yar’Adua recovers and resumes his office, and I pray he does, will Prof Akunyili go to Aso Rock Villa to massage Turai’s feet as she allegedly did in the past?
“Rather than plan strategies for next year’s general election, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is divided on the Yar’Adua health issue and Prof Akunyili has personalized the issue and she is talking too much.

“Chief Michael Kaase Aaondoakaa took the same position strictly in defense of the 1999 Constitution but the Acting President said he was too vocal and redeployed Chief Aaondoakaa. What of Prof Dora Akunyili who is sewing seeds of discord and who has made public the Federal Executive Council official secret?” he asked.

While also taking a swipe at the new Attorney General of the Federation and Minister for Justice, Prince Adetokunbo Kayode (SAN), for keeping mum over the rape of the 1999 Constitution by the National Assembly, Tsav, however, cautioned the Acting President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan not to allow himself be carried away by fair-weather friends and political jobbers.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by MrCrackles(m): 8:20am On Mar 03, 2010
I hope not. . . .
Dora should calculate her moves well and be more tactical. . .
Her mouth needs not open too wide to send her message out
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by ohisng(m): 9:19am On Mar 03, 2010
Tsav should be QUIET! Does he think everyone is CHICKEN HEARTED like him? Let them sack dora if they like BUT at least she has shown she is not a coward. Wish Tsav was like that or the FEC
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by safeact(m): 9:37am On Mar 03, 2010
I think for d safety of Dora, she should apply for leave! Else her life is now confirmed to be in danger.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 03, 2010
ohisng:

Tsav should be QUIET! Does he think everyone is CHICKEN HEARTED like him? Let them sack dora if they like BUT at least she has shown she is not a coward. Wish Tsav was like that or the FEC

This is not about anybody being 'Chiken-hearted' . . This is about the ethic of her job as the Minsiter of Information which includeds 'managing' crisis, not creating more! She obviously thinks she sounds like the lone voice crying out in the wilderness, but to me she sounds like a gossip, spreading tales!
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by mahal(m): 10:29am On Mar 03, 2010
Well, i think she's doing her job as the minister of information.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by Akanbiedu(m): 11:06am On Mar 03, 2010
Ujujoan:

This is not about anybody being 'Chiken-hearted' . . This is about the ethic of her job as the Minsiter of Information which includeds 'managing' crisis, not creating more! She obviously thinks she sounds like the lone voice crying out in the wilderness, but to me she sounds like a gossip, spreading tales!

Thank you.

Her job is not to express personal opinion rather government position. What is it about being a coward or not this days?

She started talking when it became obvious that Yar'adua is in bad shape. What makes her courageous in this case?
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by mex004(m): 11:31am On Mar 03, 2010
cos she is saying d truth people are just blabbing, over zealot like [size=8pt][size=8pt] Tsav[/size][/size]. NIGERIANS ARE TIRED OF LISTENING 2 PEOPLE WITHOUT INTERGRITY angry
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by Akanbiedu(m): 11:36am On Mar 03, 2010
mex004:

cos she is saying d truth people are just blabbing, over zealot like [size=8pt][size=8pt] Tsav[/size][/size]. NIGERIANS ARE TIRED OF LISTENING 2 PEOPLE WITHOUT INTERGRITY angry

Her job is not to say the truth. rather it is to state government position jointly taken and not her personal opinion. If she needs to make her personal opinion known, she should resign first and then say whatever she likes. People like Soyinka, Falana, Gowon, Sagari etc spoke before her even when things have not deteriorated to this level. They were not criticized by Tsav, because they are not in government. What aunty is doing is totally wrong.

She is taking advantage of the situation. Dr. Jonathan better be careful with that woman,

The koboko wey we use to beat first wife, is still there for the second.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by Beaf: 11:36am On Mar 03, 2010
Turai and her cabal will soon be in prison. cool
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by chosen04(f): 11:44am On Mar 03, 2010
Ujujoan:

Thank God for people like u.

Its obvious, Dora is seeking cheap popularity and cheap hero status. Is she not same Person that was telling us all that Yar'adua will soon be back to the country during the 1st 60 days of his AWOL? Which info. was available to her then?

I can never be fooled by her crazy media attention seeking "IT". She is only speaking out now for her own interest and not for the good of the country. What was she thinking when she was rebranding lies that will never last?

Dora, Pls wake up and get it to ur head, that you cant fool all of us at a go.

Akanbi_edu:

Thank you.

She started talking when it became obvious that Yar'adua is in bad shape. What makes her courageous in this case?

Its only in Nigeria, that a person who acted on pre-meditated information, whose body language clearly shows so, can still be hailed as being courageous.

Dora's kind of courage is the type that comes to play  when she is very sure Yar'adua was in a bad shape. Its a pity.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by mex004(m): 11:57am On Mar 03, 2010
Akanbi_edu, wat do u mean?
with d way politician are so deceptive u still reason like this,
so one must always follow the crowd?
if other ministers are saying the wrong thing must she follow?

i used 2 think it was only educated people on this forum, but with people like Akanbi_edu i was wrong.
its really unfortunate
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by violent(m): 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2010
Ujujoan:

your next drink is on me!!

The Minister of Information is a disgrace, she goes about her job talking nonchalantly to whoever pleases to hear, she acts unprofessionally, and she doesn't know jack about diplomacy.

A cunning journalist who is very good at probing questions might get her to tell the whole world the size of her undies

Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2010
Dora is fed up with all the lies abt yaradua's health thats is why she cant take keep hiding anymore.All the ministers are keeping quiet becos of what is going into their pockets which is a big shame so they cant say the truth of which they know yaradua cant fxn again.I wish she can just resign becos she is not going to lose anything.Pple will even be begging her to come back to govt.
chosen04:

Thank God for people like u.

Its obvious, Dora is seeking cheap popularity and cheap hero status. Is she not same Person that was telling us all that Yar'adua will soon be back to the country during the 1st 60 days of his AWOL? Which info. was available to her then?

I can never be fooled by her crazy media attention seeking "IT". She is only speaking out now for her own interest and not for the good of the country. What was she thinking when she was rebranding lies that will never last?

Dora, Pls wake up and get it to your head, that you cant fool all of us at a go.

Its only in Nigeria, that a person who acted on pre-meditated information, whose body language clearly shows so, can still be hailed as being courageous.

Dora's kind of courage is the type that comes to play  when she is very sure Yar'adua was in a bad shape. Its a pity.

You wuld do more than keeping quiet either but u wuld not keep quiet forever cos of ur conscience and the 150million pple u r hiding the truth from.
Akanbi_edu:

Thank you.

Her job is not to express personal opinion rather government position. What is it about being a coward or not this days?

Is any of ur relatives a minister?She played her as govt official whn she was protecting the image of the sick president and telling everyone then that he wuld be back.But now it is obvious to everyone that he is not coming back to aso rock so why keep the truth.
violent:

your next drink is on me!!

The Minister of Information is a disgrace, she goes about her job talking nonchalantly to whoever pleases to hear, she acts unprofessionally, and she doesn't know jack about diplomacy.

A cunning journalist who is very good at probing questions might get her to tell the whole world the size of her undies
Which one is diplomacy here?So she shld continue to hide from the truth abi?You pple are criminals like the other ministers that are not supporting here.And this is just the way it starts by the time u r appointed as a leader now,u start to lie to pple the truth that is so obvious.You shld not be a disgrace to this generation pls.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by violent(m): 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2010
Which one is diplomacy here?So she shld continue to hide from the truth abi?You pple are criminals like the other ministers that are not supporting here.And this is just the way it starts by the time u r appointed as a leader now,u start to lie to pple the truth that is so obvious.You shld not be a disgrace to this generation pls.

Pls note: i dont in any way support the mystery and silence surrounding the state of health of the president

The Diplomacy issue am stressing here is about the way she talks and passes point across, i can remember very well, during the Muttalab saga, she shamelessly said "the boy sneaked into the country". . . a Nigerian Citizen sneaking into his own country? shocked

and when questioned by some senators on the letter someone passed to the president through her ministry, she said "I didn't check it, i just passed it on". . .  .tht was totally dumb!

In as much as i admired her courage while she worked as the Nafdac boss, i believe she accepted the position of the Minister of Information beacuse of selfish reasons and not because she had plans that will benefit Nigerians.

She's only trying to play "Am fighting for the masses" and you lot are gullible to swallow it hook, line and sinker

Am still chilling for someone to tell me something that has been achieved by her ministry thus far
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by sammyzacks(m): 1:12pm On Mar 03, 2010
we are so lucky to have a person like Dora, who will come out and say the truth. The polity is hot already. When they tell us Yaradua can rule from anywhere; that he spoke thruogh bbc, that he signed the sup[plementary budget; that he came back like a thief in the night, what can be more terrible than that? Let's praise Dora, she represents light, they represent darkness. Darkness can not overcome light. They tried to kill her in NAFDAC but could not. Nobody can harm her. If she is not scared, why are you guys scared for her. If you have fear, you can't lead in life.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by chosen04(f): 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2010
nikkykay:

Dora is fed up with all the lies abt yaradua's health thats is why she cant take keep hiding anymore.

At what point did she get fed up with all the lies concerning Yar'Adua? When she discovered that Yar'Adua was now in Coma?

At what point did she stop keeping quiet? When she discovered government was at the point of changing hands/baton?

nikkykay:

All the ministers are keeping quiet becos of what is going into their pockets which is a big shame so they cant say the truth of which they know yaradua cant fxn again.

As far as am concerned TRUTH said just to court favour or gain cheap popularity is no TRUTH. Truth is that consistent statement or answer that CHANGES NOT. If her own truth changes with time then she is fooling herself.

nikkykay:

I wish she can just resign becos she is not going to lose anything.Pple will even be begging her to come back to govt.

Its not in our character to resign. She will definetly prefer to stay there and speak from the mouth sides of her mouth.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by aahmed112: 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2010
What rubbish truth? It is so evident she does not understand what her job entails. If she has so much of an internal conflict between her conscience and what her job demands of her, she had better resign.

You do not stay in a government and start to propagate the bi-polarity, even though it is evident there is one. The last thing we need at this point is a stakeholder announcing that some people within her own arm of government are behind the political issues. What value have those interviews added to the situation?

You cannot put your personal opinions on blast, and the next day you are forced to state something contrary as being the government position; those are signs of a personality disorder. Take the long walk and stop being a parrot!
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
violent:

Pls note: i dont in any way support the mystery and silence surrounding the state of health of the president

The Diplomacy issue am stressing here is about the way she talks and passes point across, i can remember very well, during the Muttalab saga, she shamelessly said "the boy sneaked into the country". . . a Nigerian Citizen sneaking into his own country? shocked

and when questioned by some senators on the letter someone passed to the president through her ministry, she said "I didn't check it, i just passed it on". . .  .tht was totally dumb!

In as much as i admired her courage while she worked as the Nafdac boss, i believe she accepted the position of the Minister of Information beacuse of selfish reasons and not because she had plans that will benefit Nigerians.

She's only trying to play "Am fighting for the masses" and you lot are gullible to swallow it hook, line and sinker

Am still chilling for someone to tell me something that has been achieved by her ministry thus far
We are not talking abt mutallab here but yaradua.And for the fact that the boy came into the country without his family knowing abt   simply means he sneaked in cos if he was not hiding,he wuld atleast visit his pple be4 he went out again.
In this case i dont think she is seeking for any cheap popularity.She was part of the dram from the beginning but later she discovered that she was fooling herslf by covering the truth and the name she had built to th int'l was at stake .Are u now expecting her to continue to pretend that yaradua is ok thereby spoiling her name?
Am very sure if she loses her job today co sof what she is truth is saying and is bitter thhereby making somepple to go against her,she is not losing anything and am sure better jobs await he cos she is a professional.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by deb(m): 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2010
Thank you.

Typical naija talk
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by Beaf: 2:14pm On Mar 03, 2010
We are in extraordinary times as far as govt is concerned; Dora is only reacting to issues around her. She is far from being the issue, the only people scared of her are those with something to hide.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by Kx: 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2010
We get this kind of response only in nigeria.
The one that cried out is now being said to have sown a seed of discord.

Yet the one that is wasting tax payers money in the hospital for 90days without
the helpless tax payers knowing his health state,refusing to obey the constitution
has nt sown a seed of discord.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by violent(m): 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2010
We are not talking abt mutallab here but yaradua.And for the fact that the boy came into the country without his family knew abt it  simply means he sneaked in cos if he was not hiding,he wuld atleast visit his pple be4 he went out again.
In this case i dont think she is seeking for any cheap popularity.She was part of the dram from the beginning but later she discovered that she was fooling herslf by covering the truth and the name she had built to th int'l was at stake .Are u now expecting her to continue to pretend that yaradua is ok thereby spoiling her name?
Am very sure if she loses her job today co sof what she is truth is saying and is bitter thhereby making somepple to go against her,she is not losing anything and am sure better jobs await he cos she is a professional.

What a way to explain "sneaking around"!

She simply saw the "Yaradua team ship" in a fast turbulent and sinking zones and she didnt want to be classified as "part of them". . . so she made use of her ever robust talent by exposing her buccal cavity to the world in a bid to attract "People's applause", anywhere in the world, she doesn't deserve anybody's respect. . .

if i feel my employer is deeply rooted in corrupt and practices unbecoming, the best thing i should do is to put down my resignation letter so as to tackle problems from a more objective angle.

The real Generals are carved by the blades of war, the painful scorching sun, the persistence and unwavering spirit and their unchanging stance. . . . but our dear Aunty Dora will rather be in her highly esteemed position of a Minister, enjoying a salary she claimed to be 10 times the one she collects at NAFDAC {still the dumbest statement ever} and scream "am not getting information, they are corrupt, and i'm a saint"
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by Akanbiedu(m): 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2010
Madam Dora is not an opposition politician, she is part of PDP. She was appointed by Yar'adua as information minister. She should stop behaving like Soyinka, gani or even Lai Muhammed. It contradicts her position to be talking about a cabal because she is part of the cabinet.

MADAM RESIGN FIRST AND TALK WHATEVER YOU WANT! YOU AIN'T GONNA BE HERO THAT WAY.

What she is doing is unacceptable by all standards in power. It is capable of destabilising government. If she likes to be cheaply popular, she should join clowns like the Nigerian labour congress
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by violent(m): 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

Madam Dora is not an opposition politician, she is part of PDP. She was appointed by Yar'adua as information minister. She should stop behaving like Soyinka, gani or even Lai Muhammed. It contradicts her position to be talking about a cabal because she is part of the cabinet.

MADAM RESIGN FIRST AND TALK WHATEVER YOU WANT! YOU AIN'T GONNA BE HERO THAT WAY.

What she is doing is unacceptable by all standards in power. It is capable of destabilising government. If she likes to be cheaply popular, she should join clowns like the Nigerian labour congress

Exactly my point!

She wants to eat her cake, and sell the same cake to us!. . . and guess what? enough Nairalanders are buying it!
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by Akanbiedu(m): 2:30pm On Mar 03, 2010
violent:

Exactly my point!

She wants to eat her cake, and sell the same cake to us!. . . and guess what? enough Nairalanders are buying it!

They buy it because they are like children. black and white. the enemy of my enemy is my friend approach to life. The devil/saint division. All you need to get many people on your side is by popular opinion. Study the one that is winning and join it. in that way you become their hero. stupid.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by houvest: 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2010
Dora should follow her conscience and not what people think she should do. You can never please all the people all the time.History will remember those that helped end the crisis and her name will figure prominently. For those reading ulterior motives in her actions, it is their business. What is important is that she now sleeps well without lexotan.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by MrCrackles(m): 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
Ujujoan:

Peach. . . . wink
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by doyin13(m): 7:14pm On Mar 03, 2010
]Na wa. . . . you lot have been so unfair.

One only resigns if you feel the ''whole'' government is
involved in some sort of skulduggery. Dora has manipulated
a clique of ministers and not the whole government.

The fight is against a handful of ministers and aides not
Yaradua.

I would rather have her within the government than out of
it. But for the presence of Dora, the FEC would have maintained
this supposed united front and the impasse might have been
deeper with the likes of Aandoakaa still parading about like
the Lord of the Manor.

Akanbi_edu:

They buy it because they are like children. black and white. the enemy of my enemy is my friend approach to life. The devil/saint division. All you need to get many people on your side is by popular opinion. Study the one that is winning and join it. in that way you become their hero. silly.

Well. . guy, hers is a radicalism that works.

Regardless of how many protesters or how many
threats the so called Save Nigeria Group mustered,
but for Dora's memo, the 'cabal' were prepared to sit
tight.

So long as they could continue to present a unanimous
front, they were prepared to maintain the status quo.

@Ujujoan.

Managing crisis eh. . . . .Don't you understand the crisis
already has taken a life of its own. Pray tell, how would
the information minister manage the crisis without having
any information.

Even when a voice purpoting to be Yaradua interviewed on BBC,
did that douse any of the tension. NO.

So do enlighten us how you would manage the crisis?
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by mekusxxx: 7:16pm On Mar 03, 2010
If Yaradua can speak, why not sack Dora. Afterall he appointed her. But again, I guess dead men don't speak.
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by gugus1(m): 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2010
WHO EVER SAYS THAT DORA SHOULD DEFEND A cabal because SHE IS APPOINTED BY YARADUA IS A BIG BASTARD , AND STILL IS A MEMBER OF THAT cabal, I AM SUPRISED THAT PEOPLE STILL COVER THE TRUTH IN THIS NATION.
IF THEY UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS FACING THIS NATION,AND HOW IT BITES DOWN ON THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN IN THE STREET, THEN MAY BE HE\SHE WOULD UNDERSTAND THE DANGERS OF COVERING UP THE TRUTH.
THE TRUTH IS COVERED BY RIGGING AN ELECTION IN 2011 ON BEHALF OF THIS cabal. we r watching
Re: Dora Sown Seed Of Discord May End Up Like Andooaka Very Soon by Fhemmmy: 7:38pm On Mar 03, 2010
Like i have been saying since yesterday, she is starting to talk too much.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Man Will Defeat The INCUMBENT President Of Nigeria In 2015 Election / Boko Haram Revealed Why They Didn't Kill Obasanjo / NIGERIA: A Nation Of Fools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.