Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,380 members, 7,881,363 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:50 PM

Daughter Igbo Divorcee - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Daughter Igbo Divorcee (413 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daughter Igbo Divorcee by OnukwuWIN: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
Anyone have any good resources or ideas for furthering the pursuit to effectively learn Igbo.
I am the African American Mama of 4 yr. old. Father seems to be incapable and does not understand value of teaching language and culture, However to me identity, culture and language are paramount. She speaks and reads english very well and is four. I wish that he had been teaching her Igbo all along. I have been studying consistently, but pronunciation is sometimes difficult. I have found one app that is very helpful, but rudimentary "U Talk Igbo". I think I am looking for something to understand pronunciation codes or combinations like: distinguishing between the sound of nti ear/cheek OR Olee ebe ulo aku di? when the o for example in ulo will sound like ula because of what follows? I'm thinking maybe there is an alphabet pronunciation phonetic chart and book on Igbo grammar. I just want her to feel comfortable and be able to communicate when she is old enough for me to return to Lagos etc. to meet the rest of her family. Any help is greatly appreciated! Imela!
Re: Daughter Igbo Divorcee by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ok, send a mail, let's see how I can help you.

(1) (Reply)

Really Care That Much About Whether You Lost / PDP Ga-eturu Ugo N'ekiti -- Onye Amụma Nathaniel. By Izunna Okafor / Become A Bet9ja Agent In Your Locality And Start Making Good Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.