Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,093 members, 7,939,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:37 AM

Job Seekers - Have A Good Reflection - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Seekers - Have A Good Reflection (842 Views)

Job Seekers And Entertainment News Group On BBM & Whatsapp &- Join Now! / Job Seekers Beware Of This Username / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Seekers - Have A Good Reflection by doab(m): 3:38pm On Feb 16, 2007
A jobless man applied for the position of “office boy” @ Microsoft. The HR Manager interviewed him cleaning the floor as a test. You are employed he said. “Give me your e-mail address and I’ll send you the application to fill in, as well as date when you may start”. The man replied, “but I don’t have a computer, neither do I have an e-mail”,
“I’m sorry” said the HR Manager, “if you don’t have an e-mail, which means that you do not exist; and he who does not exist cannot have a job”. The man left with no hope @ all. He did not know what to do with the $10 in his pocket. He then decided to go to a supermarket and buy a 10kg tomato crate. He then sold the tomatoes in a door to door round. In less than 2 hrs, he succeeded in doubling his capital. He repeated the operation three times and returned home with $60. The man realized that he can survive by this way and started to go everyday earlier, and return late. Thus, his money doubled or tripled everyday.

Shortly, he bought a cart, then a truck, then he had his own fleet of delivery vehicles. 5 years later, the man is one of the biggest food retailers in the U.S. He started to plan his family’s future, and decided to have a life insurance. He called an insurance broker, and chose a protection plan. When the conversation was concluded, the broker asked him his e-mail. The man replied, “I don’t have an e-mail” address. The broker commented out of curiosity; ‘you don’t have an e-mail , yet you have succeeded in building an empire. Can you imagine what you could have been if you had an e-mail?!!

The man thought for a while and replied, “yes, I’d be an office boy at Microsoft”.

Lessons:

L1: Internet/e-mail is not the solution to your life.
L2: If you don’t have internet/email access, and work hard, you can be a millionaire.
L3: If you receive this message by e-mail, you are probably an office boy/girl, and not in any way close to being a billionaire.

Have a great day!!!
Re: Job Seekers - Have A Good Reflection by Hugoboi(m): 3:44pm On Feb 16, 2007
This is a figment of your damned imagination!!
Re: Job Seekers - Have A Good Reflection by agnesoseka: 9:36am On Mar 08, 2007
LOL. grin
Re: Job Seekers - Have A Good Reflection by Gheorghe(m): 10:04am On Mar 08, 2007
lov ur story,encouraging for go-getters but do remember that information is power and u can really move by havin ideas, thank God for e-mail  wink

(1) (Reply)

Marketing Executives Wanted / Explore Opportunities -diageo Greatness Forum. / Laptop Sale Acer Acpire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.