Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,919 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:54 AM

Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili (7309 Views)

Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry / House Leadership: Northern Reps Make U-turn, Mobilise Against Gbajabiamila / 2015 Presidency: Start Your War Now, Northern Elders Reply S/south Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by mikkyrazzy: 8:43am On Mar 05, 2010
I rather advise Akunyili to calm down and stay till the end. Resigning now might endanger her life. I know what I'm saying.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by mikkyrazzy: 8:46am On Mar 05, 2010
I also would like to advise those saying that its only the north that are more of "anti- one nigeria" to think critically, coz evidences reveal that we have so much brothers from other parts of the country that are just at the top betraying us. May they live to see the fruit of their doings.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by sesbol(m): 8:49am On Mar 05, 2010
why will any right thinking Nigerian listen to this follow follows, they have allways been like that when a wise man speaks it is the fool that announces it the so called Chairman, Northern Caucus of the House of Representatives, Hon. Ternga Tsegba (PDP/Benue) is one of the those whose business in the house is to blow the trumpet of the
anti progressive move of an average northern politician for a fee after all he who pays the piper dictates the tune
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by chukz4real(m): 9:11am On Mar 05, 2010
Akunyili should resign? This is a very simple case. Let the Northern House members tell Yar'adua to address the nation and send Dora out of his cabinet if he (the president) so wishes,
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by otondo55: 9:16am On Mar 05, 2010
Northern Desperados !

Why not ask Yar' dead to address the nation

or resign. Akunyili will never resign.

Only the truth shall set you free.

Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by RichyBlacK(m): 9:32am On Mar 05, 2010
Just wanted to chip in that Nigeria still has the most useless government in our universe largely because the most imbecilic creatures on the planet form the bulk of the people in government.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Akanbiedu(m): 10:54am On Mar 05, 2010
The madam has finally shut her holy trap. Guess common sense prevailed on her. We don't need cowardly heroes, heroes when it is safe to be.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by blueflame1: 11:02am On Mar 05, 2010
I sincerely think Dora should resign. I find it difficult to comprehend what she would be doing in a cabinet populated by retards driving in the opposite direction of common sense. In any civilised society the entire cabinet would have resigned a long time ago. The tendency to stick in there at all costs is indicative of a self serving desire to hold on to power at all cost, the same sin we are accusing Yaradua of.

If I where Jonathan I would also have abandoned the Ag Presidential functions a long time ago; if the Governors and Cabinet decide not to respect the Position of the Ag President, then there is no need acting. Besides if he stops signing and awarding contracts, stops chairing the FEC meetings, stop signing monthly allocations to states, etc etc, the functions required of the President; the president would be forced to come out, and if his coteries are unable to present him they would be forced to plead with Jonathan, as for the Governors if they do not receive their allocations for 2months they would have to go and look for Yaradua, when Turai turns them back i'm sure they would turn to Jonathan on bended knees.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by ozenyen(m): 11:55am On Mar 05, 2010
As I read these posts i am deeply amazed by the various contributions.
No doubt sentiment has beclouded most Nigerians in response to issues.

Why would a sitting minister criticize the cabinet while still on board ? The honourable thing for Dora to do is to resign and tell Nigerians why she has resigned. Indeed she has demostrated that she has a conscience and every Nigerian should be proud of her

It is true that there is collective responsibility for every action taken by the govt under which you serve.

The Northern Reps are clamouring for her head not purely because they believe on the issue of collective responsibilty but for no reason than their selfish interest.

I pity the country called Nigeria
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Nescoemmy(m): 12:09pm On Mar 05, 2010
Nigeria and its unending political instability, pls o they should leave dora alone she is better in her post than they are at theirs. If anyone needs to resign its them 'the nothern caucus'.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by theviper1: 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2010
i mean these craddle-robbers from the north,what are they thinking with,their brains or their dicks? the first thing nigerians should do is to be united in dismantling pdp as a party and then we will know our stand. Jonathan should as well stamp his authority on this govt and do away with sycophants and political jobbers.they were the bane of yara´sick. now these mallamic nonsense gat to stop men.these fools are taking us for a foolish ride. the issue of removing yardua have been dropped cos turai pprevailon the and yardua can still be the presido on his sick bed while Jonathan will be the actin presido on his legs. what a crying shame! this woman told us the truth and they want her to resign,somebody lied to us for 80something days and was rewarded with a ministerial post.
nigerian youths should rise up and protest this great INJUSTICE and let the mallas know one and for all that they are the illitrates and should be 3rd class citizens of this nation.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by epentium: 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2010
@ozenyen, please pity urself. A nation ruled by litle rascals and never do well would soon be confined to the footnote of history. There is nothing wrong with Nigeria, the problem is Nigerians.

I was born in the north and grew up there. I had visited some national monuments like the very house where Sardauna of Sokoto was murdered by Emeka Nzogu. What I saw was a selfless leader, though dead, I could feel all that he stands for, qualitative integrity, honesty, transperency and united people.

I am from Ondo state by origin. I have visited so monument in the house of late Pa Micheal Ajasin, the former Governor of the state in the 2nd Republic, I have read so much about a host of others. These are the true Nigerians. The Awos, The Ziks, The Herbart Marcurlays, The enahoros, The Balewas, The Gowons, The Murtalas, e.t.c

The problem with our nation is in it People, The Obasanjos, The Wada Nas, The Association for better Nigeria, The banbangidas, The Maryams, The Cabals, The Chop I Chop, The Chop alones, the list is endless. There is a sharp contrast between this generation of leaders.

The First generation were leaders before they were elected/appointed. The Second generation were leaders becuase they were appointed/elected. Would you have employed obasanjo to manage your 20million business investment in 1976, given that there are millions better qualified nigerian? Would you have employed Shagari to manage your 5 million school establishment in 1979? Would you have employed Buhari? What about Babangida? Shonekan? Yes! I suppose how long he lasted tells you how badly corrupt we are.

Monuments are raised for MEN OF UNQUESTIONABLE CHARACTER ALL OVER THE WORLD, I mean heroes. BUT IN NIGERIA IT IS THE OPPOSITE. Check the names of the street of Abuja and you would be amazed.

Guys, I am not an historian, but I can imagine what nigeria would look like, without the Jan Coup of 1966. I can imagine a nigeria ruled by Awolowo for just 4 years. I can imagine a nigeria rule by Sardauna for 4 years. i can imagine a nigeria ruled by zik in 4 years. The Nigeria of our Dream.

We must trace our root. nigerians have a personality crises. We do not know who our ancestors were, who our heroes were, we honour and keep momuments for Rascals and give them an honour underserving and unmeritted.

Lets look inward, tomorrow you might be there. To goodluck, he would be remembered for what he has done.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by tirham: 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2010
sad help my country is falling apart.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by kettykings: 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2010
I find your post quite interesting e-pentium , how ever I want you to realise that there was a stat of emergency in the western part of the country before the Nzeogwu coup and the Awolowo you mentioned was in jail in calabar for some treasonable offences , that leaves some of us think where really would the country have been or rather the southwest have been with out Nzeogwu's coup of 1966 , Nzeogwu made a very big mistake which igbos are still paying for today , which Dora is about repeating today with their interference in matters which has nothing to with them or their tribes
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Machine007: 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2010
Just like impossibility is not in BANK PHB Dictionary, RESIGNATION is also not in NIGERIAN DICTIONARY.

My question is this, between YAR ADUA and AKUNYILI abeg my people who should resign.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by goodieyar(f): 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2010
There is a time to be heard, there is time to be quiet. this is the time for Prof. Mrs Dora Akunyili to keep sealed lips. I share her frustrations but shes is learning fast that the way issues are seen in this country is lopsided and corrupt. I don't advise her to resign but to watch her back, do her work to the best of her ability and the interest of the country and remember that those calling her to resign now praised her yesterday. Good luck.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by DoubleN(m): 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2010
Machine007:

Just like impossibility is not in BANK PHB Dictionary, RESIGNATION is also not in NIGERIAN DICTIONARY.

My question is this, between YAR ADUA and AKUNYILI abeg my people who should resign.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
True talk,Nigerian politicians do not know when to bow out.
As for the Northern Politicians or caucus or whatever they call themselves,they are a bunch of shameless and power hungry cowards! This men are the ones keeping Nigeria on its knees.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by mecylee(f): 2:46pm On Mar 05, 2010
AGBAYAS in the house why will they no ask Dora to resign when all there after is their selfish interest he hissssssssssssssssss angry angry angry sad sad sad
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by sashbaby(f): 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2010
since when benue state don become part of the north. why didnt the core north issue such statement. when such nonsense is communicated they use non northerners and those mouthpiece keep showing how foolish and depraved they are. last time it was the eastern governors that cowardly endorsed that yar'adull is fit to rule. so far the westerners are behaving themselves apart from bankole who does not know left from right
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Mazeepac(m): 5:00pm On Mar 05, 2010
I do not share the sentiment that Akunyili shoudn't have accept the offer in the first instance as matter of fact Nigerian need more Akunyilis in the helm of affair.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by obyann(f): 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2010
Madam Dora resign? NO. I'm praying FIRE AND ANGER OF THE ALMIGHTY GOD upon all of them asking you to resign. They'll never have peace. angry angry angry
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by awa(m): 5:48pm On Mar 05, 2010
All hail Dora,
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Rastamann: 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
Resign say wetin happen? Say she bi tak her mind. Why Turai no resign for deceiving more than 150 million Nigerians and the whole world about her husband's illness. I no blame them, if no bi that king kong wey call himself baba iyabo wey carry power give Yaradua, this kind thing for no happen. Nigerian presidency no bi the birth right of any person o. Madam Dora, no mind dem o.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by citizenY(m): 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2010
I am surprised that Nairalanders have not seen through Dora's game.
She chose the right time and as loudly as possible orchestrated her
moves to tally with developments in Aso Rock and just at the right
moment when the pendulum swung in favor of Goodluck, she struck.

Two birds with one stone. Support for the man of the moment and
a ride on the sentiments of Nigerians. Unless something wrong happens
her place is assured and gullible Nigerians will noisily assure that.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by blueflame1: 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2010
citizenY:

moves to tally with developments in Aso Rock and just at the right

citizen Y. I am tempted to agree with u. If she de vex true true, why she no resign? Whats the difference btw her sit tight policy and yaradua's own?
Any person with an Iota of dignity would have resigned a long time ago.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by citizenY(m): 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2010
^^^^^^^^^
Because she like am. I bet you she is relishing every moment .
She has always hugged the lime light. She could not resist
the temptation.

And now we know her better.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by alanbolo(m): 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2010
blueflame1:

citizen Y. I am tempted to agree with u. If she de vex true true, why she no resign? Whats the difference btw her sit tight policy and yaradua's own?
Any person with an Iota of dignity would have resigned a long time ago.
resigned under what circumstances? that she spoke her mind or that she's fed up with the given assignment  
In as much she can be transparent with her Informational Role, her work as Mrs Re-branding will yield fruit.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by blueflame1: 6:42pm On Mar 05, 2010
alanbolo:

resigned under what circumstances? that she spoke her mind or that she's fed up with the given assignment  
In as much she can be transparent with her Informational Role, her work as Mrs Re-branding will yield fruit.

I am beginning to think a lot of the masses are as bad as those who lead us. If u join a group, church or club, and you find out they are all crooks and you abhor what they do, what would you do? Leave the group if u have integrity.

Thats what happens in every other society; And for your information I fully supported her stand against the Yaradua Perpetuation. Common sense seems very uncommon in Naija these days
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by OYBMEND: 6:56pm On Mar 05, 2010
according to Sanusi

Political uncertainty has no impact on the economy

see thread below for details

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-408661.0.html
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by emmydee(m): 7:13pm On Mar 05, 2010
Why are we all in this nation?
Our president is purely misappropriating the presidency, nobody wanted to talk about it.
The best person expected by everyone to tell us 'whats gwan' was our Minister of Info.
She now came up to talk what she knew and we are condemning her.
Haba!
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by henry101(m): 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2010
citizenY:

moves to tally with developments in Aso Rock  and  just at the right

citizenY:

^^^^^^^^^
Because she like am. I bet you she is relishing every moment .
She has always hugged the lime light. She could not resist
the temptation.

And now we know her better.

U r very wrong.
Evil persist because the good people of the world have failed to stop evil.
U want her 2 resign because u want evil to continue and the masses to suffer.
U want 150million Nigerians to held down by Turai and her disgruntled elements called the cabal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death / Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana / 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.