Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,658 members, 7,979,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:53 AM

The Cabal Has Finally Won The Battle. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cabal Has Finally Won The Battle. (1837 Views)

Members of The Cabal Are In Firm Grip Of Project Muhammadu Buhari (2015) / Major Oil Importers And Fuel Subsidy Recipients(the Cabal) / The Verdict By Olusegun Adeniyi Is Back: Days Of The Cabal 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cabal Has Finally Won The Battle. by bombay: 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2010
How i wish James Ibori was on Goodluck,s side man it would have been a different ball game altogether.
At least we must give the devil his due.
Ibori has crowned himself the official king maker with no doubt.
You people think that it is turai pulling the strings think again.
It is the grand master himself JAMES ONANEFE IBORI the don himself.
I am not a fan but man that guy is good.
Re: The Cabal Has Finally Won The Battle. by desthan(m): 8:49am On Mar 05, 2010
Fhemmmy:

True Dat

I want to agree with you but time is of the essence. You see, when power devolves to you by accident, one of the first things that ought to be done is consolidate your hold on power. Do this, or else those displaced from power, or those with a stronger sense of entitlement will come back and stab you in the back - and I mean that physically. In one fell swoop, he has had the opportunity to wrest control from this specter called the Cabal, as well as ingratiate himself (rightly or wrongly) into the thirsty memory of Nigerians as the one who finally broke the hold of a faceless, but rapacious lot on the throats of the citizenry. Yet, by not forcing a vote for incapacitation of the president, he has gone into the midst of his enemies blindfolded and handed daggers to them, whilst he walks ahead of them, believing he is leading them.

Leadership is always not about taking pleasant decisions, neither is it about taking easy decisions. Even amoral leaders recognize the need to take decisions which may not be pleasant, but which are necessary for the survival of the group being led. In a country like Nigeria where a gangrenous rot has bedeviled the country for the past five decades, the importance of strong leadership cannot be over-emphasized.
Re: The Cabal Has Finally Won The Battle. by DisGuy: 8:55am On Mar 05, 2010
Jaylon:

I won't say the cabal has won. The demands they made were fairly reasonable IMO.

People, Jonathan has to thread softly because Yar'adua is still
alive and remember he is president in an acting capacity.

I believe the troop buildup around abuja and aso rock (without his knowledge) should
be looked into and if possible, heads should roll. But it cannot be done in a haste.

Jonathan needs to let the unruly northern elements understand that he is not anti-yar'adua and
at the same time, assert himself by putting his foot on the ground. He has already shown he is up
the task by quickly replacing Aondoakaa as AGF.

As someone has stated, too much gra gra is not the solution to this fuming situation.

weak weak weak, your acting president is weak plain and simple! he even gets hassled by mere advisers and wife of the president who don't have constitutional powers!

so who should look into this the same cabals?

like Najatu moh'd said on AIT "he's a Doodo!!" at the age of 50 he is still looking for a godfather!!
Re: The Cabal Has Finally Won The Battle. by ajalio(f): 10:31am On Mar 05, 2010
If one compares the appearance of Goodluck Jonathan as a "rescuer of the nation"
to the appearance of Jesus as a "rescuer of the world", one discovers many resemblances.
Also from Jesus was expected that he proceeds with a thunderclap and warlike means
against the enemies. Instead of this he operated with rest, gentleness, love and patience.

Only to make it clearly. I would on no account like to equate here Goodluck Jonathan with
Jesus, but express only the firm belief that with deliberation, patience and rest is to be reached
much more in the long term.
Re: The Cabal Has Finally Won The Battle. by citizenY(m): 10:49am On Mar 05, 2010
@ Ajali,

I could have burnt your sausages if not for your closing statement. grin
Re: The Cabal Has Finally Won The Battle. by ajalio(f): 11:00am On Mar 05, 2010
grin grin grin

Then I have saved in the last second myself?
citizenY, citizenY, citizenY what you hold me only for?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adolf Hitler Reacts To Fg Spending 10 Billion Naira For Independence Day / Stunning Biography Of President Goodluck Johnathan / Nigeria National Security: FG Declares Becomerich Wanted!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.