Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,765 members, 7,948,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

Six Emotions That Signal You Are In The Wrong Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Six Emotions That Signal You Are In The Wrong Job (421 Views)

At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? / Why ‘can I Sue My Employer?’ Is Often The Wrong Question / How To Figure Out If You’re In The Wrong Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Six Emotions That Signal You Are In The Wrong Job by sunky97: 6:21am On Sep 25, 2017
Almost a third of your time on earth will be spent working. That’s a big chunk of your life, so spending it in the wrong job can have a negative effect far beyond the office. If you aren’t on a career path that helps you reach your potential and contribute your true value to the world, it starts to chip away at your state of mind, even if you’re not ready to admit it. When you’re in the wrong job, you’ll likely experience one or more of the following emotions:
1. Apathy. You don’t really feel any emotion, good or bad, when it comes to work. Your duties are there. You check off the tasks. But they just don’t create any meaningful feelings. You rarely talk about work outside the office; in fact, you abhor it when people ask you what you do for a living. Work feels like an inevitable part of life, not a source of excitement. Not even your accomplishments and big wins bring you much joy. At the same time, the challenges that cause your colleagues to run around with their hair on fire don’t create stress for you.
2. Dread. You dread Monday mornings. You may even feel dread the night before every workday. But not all dread means you are in the wrong job. You could be in the wrong company, the wrong location, or the wrong department. A number of factors can inspire dread. To find out if it’s your role, ask yourself these questions: Do I like the people I work with? Do I feel good about the company I work for and its mission? Do I like where I work and feel OK about my commute? If you answered yes to those questions, then take a deeper look at your job to understand why it isn’t right for you.

Read more: lagos-state-local-government-service-commission-recruitment-2017

3. Envy. You know you are in the wrong role because you wish you had someone else’s. You look at her in meetings wishing you had that job. I had a personal branding client who was a senior finance exec at a high-tech company. She was really successful and well-liked by everyone, but she just wasn’t fulfilled. The results of the 360 survey that she used to understand external perceptions had one comment that brought it all together for her. The respondent said, “You’re great at what you do, and I respect you. I just can’t understand why you’re in finance. You seem like a marketer to me.” That one comment opened a new world for her. She had intended to pursue marketing, but she landed an amazing first job inpidly in finance until she was so far away from marketing she couldn’t remember that it had been her goal.

Continue here: [urlhttp://tellmystory.com.ng/six-emotions-that-signal-you-are-in-the-wrong-job/][/url]

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Supervisor Holding Your Project Hostage?! We Can Help You! / Vacancy!!!! / Apply For Ericsson Innovation Awards 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.