Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,106 members, 7,942,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

Fuel Get Rich Quick Schemes - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fuel Get Rich Quick Schemes (567 Views)

Free Education And Free Healthcare Schemes Still On Course In Delta State / Card Schemes With African Origins Should Be Given Priority By Regulators-paul Ja / 'get Rich Quick' Mentality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Get Rich Quick Schemes by Ayemokhia: 12:26am On Mar 05, 2010
In this period of fuel scarcity, a lot has become enshrined. Some stations sell well above the regulated pump price, like N100 per litre, but dispense exact quantity displayed on the LCD; others display a pump price of N65 per litre and pump out questionable quantities.

Recently, I visited a major markerter and asked for N2,000.00 worth of fuel at the displayed rate of N65/litre. I was happy that I did not meet a long queue and when the pump displayed a figure above 30 litres as the quantity dispensed, I gladly paid. No sooner had I started the engine than my car guage showed me I had received about 17 litres!

On another occasion, I had the guage actually move up to full tank (and was satisfied); but when I had driven for about five minutes, it inexplicably came to half tank! (I had asked them to "fill" the tank and they did!). There were no leakages, inshort, no plausible explanation. I later heard there were stories about pumping air and filling the tank with it,

I am not an expert, but can someone tell me that this is not broad day light fraud endorsed by the elasticity of our all-accepting psyche?

(1) (Reply)

A Wicked People Deserve Wicked Leaders - True Or False / Changing From Machine Readable Passport To E-passport / Position: Corrosion Control Engineers/inspectors/technicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.