Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,895 members, 7,872,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

SUKUK: Why CAN Should Shut Up - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / SUKUK: Why CAN Should Shut Up (392 Views)

Press Release:platuea State Government "All Schools In The State Should Shut Dow / Nigeria's Islamic Bond, Sukuk, Oversubscribed, Receives N132bn For N100bn Offer / Fg’s N100bn Debut Sukuk Offer Oversubscribed By 6% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SUKUK: Why CAN Should Shut Up by Alkanoicacid(m): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2017
By Kabiru Gwangwazo

This ignorant take by CAN on the eminently sane economic decision to go for SUKUK Bonds to finance Government Projects is so annoying and farcical. What an ignorant outrage! What mischief!

Where does CAN place promotion of the Christian based “secularist” governance we are forced into?

Where does CAN place the imposition of the Western Christian based education system we suffer?

Placing the fact
Where does CAN place the fact that we have a full pledged serving Pastor as Vice President, or a Cross sporting Minister of Finance?

I can’t understand this perfidious ignorance.

In case they think we don’t know it, CAN should be reminded that some of us are fully in the know of how the Vienna synod (the topmost xtian policy gathering) established the Foundations for the deliberate study of arabic and Quranic knowledge for the “refutation of infidel errors”, some time in the 15th century if memory serves me right.

And we have not raised eyebrows or stopped going to the schools so established by that synod, to study arabic and islamic studies. For the record, the mother of Orientalism, School for Oriental and Arabic Studies, SOAS, of London and its sister at the Sorbonne in France were established as a result of that Vienna Synod.

By Infidel errors, they refer to us Muslims as infidels.

Now with all this assuming SUKUK was promotion of islamic religious practise why should Britain operate it? And Britain which operated Islamic Banks and pools resources from Muslim and non Muslim investors is a purely christian nation whose head of state, the Queen is head of the English Church.

I am told that even Nigeria’s Jaiz Bank, the presumed islamic Bank, has a preponderant majority of non Muslim investors and beneficiaries. Incidentally, Jaiz runs one of the most scrupulous nitpicking formats of running and operating accounts, much more than other so called conventional interest based banks.
Secularist constitutional order and uniformity.

Finally secularist constitutional order doesn’t mean uniformity. We are not supposed to have to be christian or Godless and atheist. We are not supposed to force anyone to be Muslim. At the same time while we cant force any non Muslim to embrace islam and islamic practises we cannot be forced to abandon our religion.

That we were forced to patronise other banks as we had been into before the advent of Jaiz Bank was a criminal breach of our fundamental rights and freedoms as Muslims. Usury is specifically banned by Allah in the Quran and specific terrible punishments have been hinted at in the Quran.

The extent of the crime is such that a notice of War is given by God to all who engage in usury. The gravity of the crime is equated with perfidious illicit relations of the usurer with his own mother. Subhanallah.
Yet, some idiotic crankheads under the guise of some religious organisation, an organization that is well known for exploiting its own followers is saying we shouldnt benefit from the freedoms and rights vouchsafed us by the Nigerian constitution.

CAN and tithes
On a final note, anyway, who said the CAN is going to lose any of its tithes if SUKUK is activated? How much of its member churches’ tithes did CAN lose when Osun floated its SUKUK? Who said christians have to partake of SUKUK? If CAN is so disposed it can issue its own version of “Fatwa” to its members to boycott the SUKUK bonds and the projects done with the bonds.

Even if I am sure they wont listen or obey. After they didn’t care for any CAN when they invested in Jaiz Bank, and Bank of the North turned Unity Bank. The CANnists didnt bother about any CAN fatwa or secularist consideration either when they spread out to the Muslim North to invest and live their lives.

So CAN should well shut up. Especially now that we have been forced to keep our peace and calm in the face of undue provocation from its major clients and leadership tribes.
In fact the security services should be particularly interested in what motives drive the CAN at this time.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/sukuk-can-shut/
Re: SUKUK: Why CAN Should Shut Up by Samusu(m): 9:35am On Sep 27, 2017
Petra Akinti Onyegbule, wrote:

I feel so much shame for educated Christians who parrot this inane line of a plot to islamise Nigeria. They live their lives under a crippling fear of being islamised. What does that even mean? Humans with brains for thinking would come up with crap fit only for the trash bin and other humans with brains would circulate them with glee. *gasps* Warrashame. Warrapity.

Last weekend at NDA's Passing Out Parade in Kaduna, the military band churned one melodious tune after another. All familiar tunes; familiar because they are Christian hymns and a few indigenous choruses sang in Churches. This was at a military function. And no, it wasn't a one-off event. When next you are at an event where a military band plays, listen attentively and you just might recognize one or two hymns. And as I shook my head/body to the melody the band belted out I mentally took note of how Muslims were not throwing tantrums over this non-issue but how Christians would have cried wolf should tables be turned. They'd have ran to town screaming yeeeeeeeeee!!!! egba wa oooooooooo!!!! we are being islamized oooooooooo!!!! without thinking it through and without a modicum of shame.

I am ashamed of, and on behalf of this crop of Christians who live under a mortal fear of being Islamised. I am sure Christ himself would be ashamed of them too. How come is it that Muslims are not afraid of being christianised but Christians run from pillar to post disgracing the Gospel of Liberalization Christ gave us by ranting and raving over shadows. One minute you attend meetings of interreligious dialogues towards religious harmony in the country the next you are granting pitiable press statements accusing no one of a non existent plot to islamise you. Whatever the shekau that means.

That was how this group of zero esteem charlatans masquerading as Christians ran to town with claims Governor Yahaya Bello was going to islamize Kogi State by upgrading 6 unity schools for better quality.

Whenever I hear such debasing argument from anyone, it doesn't matter Christian sounding clerical title they prefix to their names or robe they wear, I know they are nothing but pretenders to the Christian kingdom.

Look around you and see the numerous Christian influences in our lives and national Calendar then ask yourself why Muslims are not afraid of being christianized. You don't know? I will tell you for free: it is because they are sure of their faith. They are so rooted in their belief that they do not see how a policy that should benefit them would amount to islamisation. Like that Catholic hymn, they know that their hearts are set on a solid foundation unlike you whose is built on sand. What a shame. What a bleeding shame.

Real Christians don't live in fear. Fear is not of God for there's no fear in God.

These religious associations seem to have outlived their usefulness and in my oopi they should have their activities proscribed since they cannot serve as tools for unification. But who will bell the cat?

CAN, enter house and stop disgracing yourselves. Taaaaaaa!

(1) (Reply)

#doyouknow: Why Ajimobi's Oyo State Is The Safest Since 1999 / Protesters Close The Streets Of Abuja To Kaduna / Up To 50% Off During Black Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.