Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,610 members, 7,975,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 12:48 AM

Why I Married Myself – Messi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Married Myself – Messi (646 Views)

Why I married Ned Nwoko” – Teen Actress Regina Daniels Finally Breaks Silence / Tope Alabi: "My Mother Checked If My Virginity Was Intact Till I Married" / Hafiz Oyetoro Saka: I Married Late Because Of Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Married Myself – Messi by olajay86(m): 7:53am On Sep 28, 2017
http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/09/why-i-married-myself-messi.html

A 40-year-old Italian woman, Laura Messi, who married herself in grand style with a three-layer-cake, bridesmaids and 70 wedding guest, has explained her motive for doing so.

According to her, she started nursing the idea of sologamy after her 12-year relationship ended two years ago.

La Repubblica newspaper reports that although the ceremony has no legal weight, Messi told the media on her wedding day: “I firmly believe that each of us must, first of all, love ourselves. You can have a fairy tale, even without the prince.

“I told friends and family that if I had not found my soul-mate by my 40th birthday, I would marry myself.

“If, one day, I find a man with whom I can plan a future, I’ll be happy, but my happiness does not depend on him.”

The newspaper further reports that Messi, who claims to be the first Italian woman to hold a solo wedding ceremony, acknowledged that solo weddings might not be for everyone.

To marry yourself, she says, you need a certain amount of money, the support of those around you, and, above all, “a pinch of madness.”

She also mentioned that someone once called her a sad feminist.

Re: Why I Married Myself – Messi by emmanuelrabb(m): 8:07am On Sep 28, 2017
Wetin person eye no go see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Married Myself – Messi by ObaKlaz: 8:15am On Sep 28, 2017
Which one be sologamy again
Re: Why I Married Myself – Messi by Yeligray(m): 8:43am On Sep 28, 2017
ObaKlaz:
Which one be sologamy again
i tire oo.. Maybe dem get am from 'solotape'

(1) (Reply)

Bb9ja Housemate Tboss Get Cosy In Zanzibar With Triple MG Artist See{photo} / Caroline Danjuma Drops A Smiling Photo After Davido And His Guys Have Been Arres / Who Is This Factsdrop? Read The Comment The Handle Dropped On Davido's Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.