Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,485 members, 7,937,419 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:03 AM

Buhari Should Dialogue With Respectable Igbo Leaders; Not Kanu - APC Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Dialogue With Respectable Igbo Leaders; Not Kanu - APC Chief (432 Views)

Tony Momoh: APC Has Five National Leaders, Not Just One / Jide Awe: South West Will Produce Next President - APC Chief Tells Miyetti Allah / Garba Shehu: Buhari’s Cabal Aren’t Hungry People, They Are Respectable Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Dialogue With Respectable Igbo Leaders; Not Kanu - APC Chief by nairavsdollars(f): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2017
Tunde Ajibulu, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Wednesday said President Muhammadu Buhari should dialogue with respectable leaders in the South East to find a lasting solution to the current agitation in the region.

He however disagreed with those asking the president to dialogue with Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) saying Kanu who is currently in hiding after the Operation Python Dance exercise in Abia state is a lily-livered charlatan and opportunist.

It will be recalled that former President Olusegun Obasanjo had advised President Buhari to dialogue with Kanu.

The former president in an interview with the Newsweek Magazine, had said there is nothing wrong in having a discussion with the aggrieved group.

According to him : “I don’t see anything wrong in that [Buhari meeting with Kanu]. I would not object to that; if anything, I would encourage it.
“I would want to meet Kanu myself and talk to people like him, people of his age, [and ask:] ‘What are your worries?’ Not only from the southeast but from all parts of Nigeria.”

However, many Nigerians said it is hypocritical of Obasanjo to call for dialogue, a measure he didn’t take during his tenure as President especially as regards Odi in Bayelsa and Zaki Biam in Benue state.

Ajibulu, who spoke in an interview with INDEPENDENT said “Desperate times calls for desperate measures. These are real desperate times, we must crush charlatans attempting to destabilise and sow division in our country”.

“With all due respect to President Obasanjo, I believe he is right to an extent. I think President Buhari has to dialogue but that must be done with respected and distinguished people in Igbo land; not with riff raffs like Kanu. Who is he? What is he? What are his antecedents? He is a lily livered charlatan and opportunist who has started showing his true colours” he said.

http://independent.ng/buhari-dialogue-respectable-igbo-leaders-not-kanu-ajibulu/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Dialogue With Respectable Igbo Leaders; Not Kanu - APC Chief by madridguy(m): 8:33am On Sep 28, 2017
Buhari don't have time to dialogue with anyone or any group. If you want to pull out of Nigeria, follow the right channel and go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Dialogue With Respectable Igbo Leaders; Not Kanu - APC Chief by LionDeLeo: 8:45am On Sep 28, 2017
The respectable Ibo leaders don't even have problem because they know exactly where the problem lies, which certainly has nothing to do with Bubu.

It is only the illiterate foolish criminals parading themselves as ipob terrorists under the leadership of Nnamdiot cownu (the runaway coward) that know nothing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Dialogue With Respectable Igbo Leaders; Not Kanu - APC Chief by niceprof: 8:49am On Sep 28, 2017
Kanu a raff? even if you live a million years you or any one associated with you cannot make the type of impact Kanu has made.

(1) (Reply)

Ipob Leader Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Held By Nigerian Govt, We Don't Know Where He Is / Nnamdi Kanu: Good Heart,bad Mouth / Former Abia Gov. Orji Uzor Kalu Spotted Munching Akara In Public (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.