Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,359 members, 7,947,580 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

Nairaland, Woye77 And The Ban - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland, Woye77 And The Ban (562 Views)

Why The Ban On Using Smiley On Nairaland? / FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide / How Has The Ban On Okadas In Lagos Affected You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nairaland, Woye77 And The Ban by woye77: 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2010
grin it's no longer news that woye77 aka myself grin grin has just been allowed back online after a 120 hour ban. It seems strange 'cause i erroneously developed the idea that i had suddenly become "too big" to be banned - as a regular contributor, fast growing in popularity.

May i say one or two things about the so-called ban - i believe majority of contributors on this site are adults and it is quite condescending and patronising to treat them as kids. It beats my imagination that a word like s_x can be considered to be offensive in a morden day setting when it could actually represent gender, whereass the word sexually is no censored - it's hard to understand the reasoning behind that

what's more, a 200 million-member website like facebook does not see any need to censor words, is it not strange that a website like nairaland that is less than 1 million feels it is justified to do so. I feel Seun Osewa and all the so-called moderators feel they are doing people a favour by allowing them unto the site - wrong thinking! it is the people on the site who are doing Nairaland a favour because without people like myself and other contributors, there would be no nairaland. And there are thousands of blogging sites out there.

Needless to say, i still found a way to be on the site for the duration of the ban but i feel it's high time Nairaland and it's operators are told the bitter truth - if you like, you can ban me again nuff said - oshi o daa nilee pako! cry cry
Re: Nairaland, Woye77 And The Ban by Seun(m): 2:59pm On Mar 06, 2010
What were you banned for?
Re: Nairaland, Woye77 And The Ban by dani1luv: 3:08pm On Mar 06, 2010
What's the thread about!?
Re: Nairaland, Woye77 And The Ban by mamagee3(f): 7:10pm On Mar 06, 2010
dani1luv:

What's the thread about!?
You can ask that again. grin grin

Seun:

What were you banned for?
Is it really necessary now considering the fact he said he has just been unbanned after 120 hours.
Re: Nairaland, Woye77 And The Ban by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2010
lol@ w77
Re: Nairaland, Woye77 And The Ban by Seun(m): 8:41am On Mar 12, 2010
Yes, I need to know what's happening on my forum.

(1)

Dont Just Do Business. Do Business With A Plan / Guys: How Does Twitter Work / Help! Do I Have Hallucinations, Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.