Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,773 members, 7,889,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:27 PM

Manuel Neuer: ‘I Have Been Playing With A Metal Plate In My Foot’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manuel Neuer: ‘I Have Been Playing With A Metal Plate In My Foot’ (495 Views)

We've Been To 3 CITIES, Nigeria Have Been PLAYING IN ABIDJAN -Angola Coach Cries / Manuel Neuer Equals Oliver Khan's Record Of Most Clean Sheets / Manuel Neuer Facing Injury After Requiring Surgery On A Broken Foot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manuel Neuer: ‘I Have Been Playing With A Metal Plate In My Foot’ by samsonslide: 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
Bayern Munich and Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has revealed that he has played with a metal plate in his right foot for the past nine years.

The 31-year-old had an operation last week after suffering a repeat of a previous hairline fracture of the metatarsal in his left foot during a training session.

Neuer is now expected to miss the remainder of 2017, and has explained that he first sustained a similar injury while playing for Schalke 04.

“I had the same injury while at Schalke in 2008,” Neuer told Bild. “Back then, a metal plate was inserted which is still in.

“I’ve never had a problem and feel comfortable with it. I’m all for leaving everything in during my career in order to avoid unnecessary absences.”
Neuer has made 298 appearances for Bayern since making the switch from the Veltins-Arena in 2011.

Read More Interesting Sport News:https://www.sportlineng.com/more-news/

Re: Manuel Neuer: ‘I Have Been Playing With A Metal Plate In My Foot’ by Supersuave2(m): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
his absence says a lot on the Bayern team. That first goal wouldn't have gone in if neur was there. Alves' first touvmch on neymars pass was heavy yet the keeper rushed out but not to claim the ball which he would have easily blocked if he fully rushed out.

(1) (Reply)

Is Jose Mourinho Right To Complain About United's Spending? / Geomancy Bettors Back And Better / Barcelona Showed Their More Resilient Aspect As They Extinguish Anoeta Ghosts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.