Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,694 members, 7,951,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:31 AM

Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? (582 Views)

Revealed! The Best President Nigeria Ever Had..see Photo Statistics / Prophet Oluyemi Says Who Nigeria's Messiah Is-a Must Read! / Hurricane Sandy: Will Nigeria Learn From The Emergency Response Plan Of USA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
I wonder if we will ever have a true national heroe like Mahatma Ghandi Of India. We need a true national figure who will fight for a national course regardless of tribe, the ones we've had so far were all tribally inclined.
God save our Nation.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by asha80(m): 7:58pm On Mar 05, 2010
Aficans have a long way to go
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 05, 2010
I wonder when we will have one in Nigeria. Africa has produced the worst kinds of despots who ever led a nation. We need someone to lead us to the promise land. The nigerian dream need to be born. The downtrodden needs someone to give them hope for survival. We all need a promise that the future will be better for the generation yet unborn.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by Fhemmmy: 8:19pm On Mar 05, 2010
I think there is something about black people that scares me . . . . . .
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by princekevo(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I think there is something about black people that scares me . . . . . .
I think i have the same opinion as this, but would like you to be more explicit.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by Fhemmmy: 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2010
princekevo:

I think i have the same opinion as this, but would like you to be more explicit.

Well, see all the black nations . . . . Tell me what you see.
See all black leaders and tell m what you see.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by saiyaman: 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2010
If there is one resouce Africa as a whole can claim to is the creation of mad men, hitler had nothing on Amin and co. undecided
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by Fhemmmy: 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2010
I am sure you can take all Africans to America and bring americans to Africa and they will change that place within years and we will wanna get visa to come back to Africa.
Black needs to overhaul their thinking jare
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by ElRazur: 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2010
Pardon me as I write this in capital letters.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AS MESSIAH. WHEN PEOPLE HAVE ENOUGH OF SUFFERING AND THERE IS NO WAY OUT, THEY WILL EVENTUALLY WORK OUT HOW TO SORT THINGS OUT. DESPERATE SITUATION CALLS FOR A DESPERATE SOLUTION AND NOT A MESSIAH.

**Breathe**

The mentality of a saviour is nothing but a brain-washed and mental slavery mentality! No one will come and help anyone, you gotta help yourself first!

Long live the pederal refurflik of Nigeria.

grin
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by Fhemmmy: 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2010
ElRazur:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AS MESSIAH. WHEN PEOPLE HAVE ENOUGH OF SUFFERING AND THERE IS NO WAY OUT, THEY WILL EVENTUALLY WORK OUT HOW TO SORT THINGS OUT. DESPERATE SITUATION CALLS FOR A DESPERATE SOLUTION AND NOT A MESSIAH.

**Breathe**

The mentality of a saviour is nothing but a brain-washed and mental slavery mentality! No one will come and help anyone, you gotta help yourself first!

Long live the pederal refurflik of Nigeria.

grin

Interesting
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by oziomatv(m): 9:25pm On Mar 05, 2010
I don't think we need a messiah to get our train on track.
What we need is Individual sense of direction nothing more.
Even the so called messiah without his own sense of direction will still lead the people to hell.

Before you lead someone that person must first have  his/her own direction, where he/she is going.
Nigeria has no direction, she is more or less a muoluwa bus where people jump in jump out you wound, you're save she don't  care.

Just take example of Lagos-Benin armed robbery inhumanity act and tell me where Nigeria is going.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by bombay: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2010
Waiting for a messiah is like waiting for the rapture so get a life we have to change our attitude if you want it fight for it.
Forget that crap of waiting for a messiah am sorry to bust your bubble.
It is not real, it is only you that can deliver yourself likewise only nigerians that can deliver nigeria no messiah bullcrap.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by blacksta(m): 10:25pm On Mar 05, 2010
ElRazur:

**Breathe**

Long live the pederal refurflik of Nigeria

grin

I think you are jumping the gun - I am sure many here are fully aware of your anti religion stance . I suspect the poster was to referring to a leadership figure someone in the context of "Martin luther king " or " Ghandi " who will effectively mobilise the masses.  Nigeria at the moment is dying for that kind of figure.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Messiah? by ElRazur: 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2010
blacksta:

I think you are jumping the gun - I am sure many here are fully aware of your anti religion stance . I suspect the poster was to referring to a leadership figure someone in the context of "Martin luther king " or " Ghandi " who will effectively mobilise the masses.  Nigeria at the moment is dying for that kind of figure.

I think you are reading too much into my statement. Nigeria can have all the Ghandi and King, but if Nigerians are not ready, it is a waste of time. I think my point is more about that [plus a little on religion]

As it stand Nigerians are not ready in my opinion and as such, there wont be a messiah.

(1) (Reply)

Why Senate Dumped Uwais Report On INEC Chair / Nigeria Showing Signs Of Failed State — Northern Governors / Ministerial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.