Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,406 members, 7,978,284 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 03:18 AM

Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? (1308 Views)

Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) / Where Are You Worshipping At Today? / Igbo Deities Sold In A Museum Abroad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by royalamour(m): 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
Just a thought.
Ever since I grew up to know what's right from what is wrong, the worship of deities have been portrayed to be bad and dangerous.

Even in home movies.

I have asked elders and even some MOGs why it is so bad, but all they could tell me was that it is bad and our God commands us never to worship them.

To me, that isn't enough.

So I'm asking again, why is it so bad?
Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by Mechette(m): 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
op u have evil mind...God forbid it and u said that is not enof reason ba? children sef

1 Like

Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by adepeter2027(m): 11:52pm On Sep 30, 2017
Booked
Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by royalamour(m): 7:07am On Oct 01, 2017
Mechette:
op u have evil mind...God forbid it and u said that is not enof reason ba? children sef

You just concluded within you that I have evil mind. Yet you couldn't answer my question. grin
Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by hopefulLandlord: 7:11am On Oct 01, 2017
adepeter2027:
Booked
I echo this
Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by ultron12345: 7:28am On Oct 01, 2017
Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by vaxx: 7:57am On Oct 01, 2017
royalamour:
Just a thought.
Ever since I grew up to know what's right from what is wrong, the worship of deities have been portrayed to be bad and dangerous.

Even in home movies.

I have asked elders and even some MOGs why it is so bad, but all they could tell me was that it is bad and our God commands us never to worship them.

we were originally brainwashed to accept everything from us that those not look like the abrahimist faith a wrong act...

Buddhism is a pagan religion
Himdusism is a pagan religion
Shintoism is a pagan religion

And all this religion are doing fine with those who subscribed to them....

Why is African case an issue?
Thankfully, we are exposé...... We have seen the truth.....as a Yoruba culture entails , we worship the higher supreme deity... Olodumare while paying obeyance to the natural energy like river , rock , meltal , flower and so on.....Yoruba faith( IFA adherents) may be the oldest monotheistic religion in the whole world ....it has lasted for more than 8 thousand years making it more older than Judaism Islam and Christianity.....

I have personally study bible and Quran....and I have seen a whole lot of IFA tradition in them....i womder where they get the information...since ifa Faith preceded abrahimic faith....it is likely they plagiarized African tradition.... I await a comprehensive academic on this assumptions though....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by kevoh(m): 8:06am On Oct 01, 2017
Interesting...
Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by royalamour(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2017
vaxx:
we were originally brainwashed to accept everything from us that those not look like the abrahimist faith a wrong act...

Thankfully, we are exposé...... We have seen the truth.....as a Yoruba culture entails , we worship the higher supreme deity... Olodumare while paying obeyance to the natural energy like river , rock , meltal , flower and so on.....Yoruba faith( IFA adherents) may be the oldest monotheistic religion in the whole world ....it has lasted for more than 8 thousand years making it more older than Judaism Islam and Christianity.....

I have personally study bible and Quran....and I have seen a whole lot of IFA tradition in them....i womder where they get the information...since ifa Faith preceded abrahimic faith....it is likely they plagiarized African tradition.... I await a comprehensive academic on this assumptions though....

This somewhat true.
Still trying to get answers to the question why it is bad.
Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by ultron12345: 9:19am On Oct 01, 2017
royalamour:
Just a thought.

Even in home movies.

the abrahamic monotheistic religions tend to be hostile towards other religions and beliefs, most especially Christianity. They would have defamed and portrayed Hindus, Buddhists and the rest, even each other as bad and evil, but because of the large numbers of followers of these religions, they can't. What makes the African Traditional religions a good target for their defamation is because they have a relatively very low number of followers..........Making them look bad is simply a case of defamation, the few who are worshipping these deities are not complaining.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by royalamour(m): 9:22am On Oct 01, 2017
ultron12345:
the abrahamic monotheistic religions tend to be hostile towards other religions and beliefs, most especially Christianity. They would have defamed and portrayed Hindus, Buddhists and the rest, even each other as bad and evil, but because of the large numbers of followers of these religions, they can't. What makes the African Traditional religions a good target for their defamation is because they have a relatively very low number of followers..........Making them look bad is simply a case of defamation, the few who are worshipping these deities are not complaining.

More like it.
Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by vaxx: 9:22am On Oct 01, 2017
royalamour:

This somewhat true.
Still trying to get answers to the question why it is bad.
it isn't bad....we are have brainwashed to accept it is bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by royalamour(m): 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
CC seun
Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by scully95: 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
vaxx:

You re on Point.... I concur 100% with you.. They rewrote our traditions and named it there religion. They re-modified it to fit in their own narrative and re-sold it back to us to enslave massive ppl.. Even themselves did the same thing to their own ppl.. See more info here.
https://www.nairaland.com/4090034/meet-man-officially-made-christianity
Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by MisterGrace: 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
Dear lalasticlala,

This type of thread will help snake worshipers to understand their belief better. undecided
Re: Why Is Worshipping Of Deities Bad Or Dangerous? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
royalamour:
Just a thought.

Even in home movies.

First of all op the Bible condemns it. You find that in
Leviticus 26:1 " Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up [any] image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I [am] the LORD your God"
Secondly idol worship hasn't be favourable. They may assist for a while but destroys your destiny the day you opt out. But there's a mighty power that such idols in form of spirit bow to,his name is Jesus. The Bible says at the mention of his name, every kneel shall bow.
Thirdly, worshippers of idols wouldn't inherit the kingdom of God. You find that in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
Fourthly Yahweh hates idolatry with passion. You find that in Jeremiah 1:16
"I will pronounce My judgments on them concerning all their wickedness, whereby they have forsaken Me and have offered sacrifices to other gods, and worshiped the works of their own hands"
Fifthly, idols are made by man which God condemns.you find that in Psalm 115:4-7
"Their idols are silver and gold, The work of man's hands. They have mouths, but they cannot speak; They have eyes, but they cannot see; They have ears, but they cannot hear; They have noses, but they cannot smell;
They have hands, but they cannot feel; They have feet, but they cannot walk; They cannot make a sound with their throat
Sixthly Idols are non living thing
Psalm 135:15-17
The idols of the nations are but silver and gold, The work of man's hands. They have mouths, but they do not speak; They have eyes, but they do not see; They have ears, but they do not hear, Nor is there any breath at all in their mouths

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Daddy Freeze Tap Challenge? / Deeper Life HQ Building Completed: A Win For Lagos State / After Giving Your Life To Christ, When You Sin What Happen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.