Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:56 PM

Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. (7497 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Reacts As Igbo Man Turns Bundles Of Dollars Into Daughter's Bed / Southwest On Standby As Igbo Leaders Protest Obi’s Choice As Atiku Running Mate / Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by shukuokukobambi: 10:15am On Oct 01, 2017
Urchman27:

Did Ojukwu preach hate when he led his own struggle? Ojukwu never uttered one iota of hate or even abused anybody, never said anything bad against yorubas, yet Awolowo not only betrayed him, also starved 3 million Biafraan children to death. Nigeria helped by foreign powers declared war on Biafraa, killing over 5 million. All these happened despite Ojukwu never uttering a single hate speech, rather exhausting all avenues of dialogue, even going to as far Ghana to get an agreement which Gowon reneged on. So stop this Hate Speech Excuse arrant nonsense. Whether Nnamdi Kanu had used or not used hate speech, it would not have changed anything because Ojukwu never used one, yet over 5 million Biafraans were massacred. So when next they tell you that they would have supported Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB had they not used hate speech, tell them...you are a liar!

Azikiwe, ojukwu's elder and your foremost political leader was eating amala and ewedu in Lagos while shouting one naijeriya but its Awolowo your akpu brain saw to mention?

Nzeribe was supplying guns and bullets used in killing your ancestors but its Awolowo you see to mention? What agreement did Awo have with the bearded cantankerous coward? When did they discuss?

Arewa give you quit notice, its Yoruba you'll mention. Dem swear for you?

Is your destiny tied to a Yoruba man? Are you so weak that you need a Yoruba man's approval and affirmation?

9 Likes

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by HITTED(m): 10:16am On Oct 01, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:
[s][/s]...
tongue tongue

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 01, 2017
emmyspark007:

Lol...you are a dull fellow. I am no slave and can never be one, but you are worse than a slave and have a shallow mindset. Infact na saw dust full your brain. Agbaya like u
You don't know your right and might forever wallow in abject poverty and slavery.
Mumu boy dey type GOSH...you think say you be oyinbo man
Oponu.

Yolobat you wrote in your first post that 'northerners are the real owners of nigeria' and i corrected you. Why are you yapping na? Animal.
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by wingmanII: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2017
PearlStreet:

Because they are parasites who feed on other people.
This has to be the dumbest statement of the year!
You are calling people you hold back in a country against their will parasites?
See dictionary definition of a parasite:
"A parasite is an organism that lives in another organism, called the host, and often harms it. It is dependent on its host for survival - it has to be in the host to live, grow and multiply. A parasite cannot live independently."
Now ask yourself again, who is the parasite in Nigeria?
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by sesaan(m): 11:22am On Oct 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

Did they really threaten to kill anybody?

If so, please provide the quote.

As far as I know it they gave a quit notice which they have since rescinded.

This quit notice was predicated on the continous abuse and flexing from Ipob.

I don't think that's any different from what pastor Suleiman did, yet he was allowed to go home on questioning.

I don't even think you are looking for justice.

I think you are trying to justify Kanu's approach and distract from a deliberate and continuous dissemination of hate from a one who's been found out to be cowardly purveyor .
I am Anti quit notice but people prefer to single out Arewa youth for arrest but i i can remember Niger Delta groups gave quite notice, Middle belts youth gave to fulani herdsmen ..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by DeWisedon(m): 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
SHTFguy:
This is no life for a man.

This is how a rat lives out its life.

The stupid Igbos still bent on making money over their lives need real brain adjustment.

I can tell you honestly, that you will make it easier in say Ghana, Gambia, Gabon than you will in that God forsaking land of the Phillistines
all the garri you drank right from your childhood blocked your brain that you become so dumb and foolish .
you son of pharoah,if you are not careful,what happened to pharoah will happen to you
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by excanny: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
GavelSlam:
Did Arewa give this quit notice in 2016 or any time before then?

Fact is Kanu sold hate, some of his kinsmen embraced it, broadcast it beyond their domain yet expected maybe a warm hug.

Life does not work like that.

You sell hate, you get paid in reciprocal hate.

Take your medicine with your eyes open.

Isnt buying and selling hate better than being treated as second-class citizens.
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by tuniski: 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
SHTFguy:

The stupid Igbos still bent on making money over their lives need real brain adjustment.

I can tell you honestly, that you will make it easier in say Ghana, Gambia, Gabon than you will in that God forsaking land of the Phillistines
Bigotry!!!
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by GavelSlam: 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2017
excanny:

Isnt buying and selling hate better than being treated as second-class citizens.

Who treats you as a second class citizen?

Is there any part of the country you cannot set up shop?

Is there any position you cannot aspire to?

Please name the things you cannot achieve being Igbo in Nigeria.

We are all learning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by PearlStreet(m): 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
wingmanII:

This has to be the dumbest statement of the year!
You are calling people you hold back in a country against their will parasites?
See dictionary definition of a parasite:
"A parasite is an organism that lives in another organism, called the host, and often harms it. It is dependent on its host for survival - it has to be in the host to live, grow and multiply. A parasite cannot live independently."
Now ask yourself again, who is the parasite in Nigeria?

They contribute the least amount of revenue, resources and agricultural products in this country.

IGR rates are the lowest, tax compliance is almost zero and they make the most noise.
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by caesaraba(m): 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

Did they really threaten to kill anybody?

If so, please provide the quote.

As far as I know it they gave a quit notice which they have since rescinded.

This quit notice was predicated on the continous abuse and flexing from Ipob.

I don't think that's any different from what pastor Suleiman did, yet he was allowed to go home on questioning.

I don't even think you are looking for justice.

I think you are trying to justify Kanu's approach and distract from a deliberate and continuous dissemination of hate from one who's been found out to be cowardly purveyor .

While I commend your enthusiasm in trying to engage these e- beings in a civil conversation, I implore you to remember that most of these folks are ill-bred, hate-filled never -do -wells whose only respite comes from hauling insults online. It's a reflection of failed parenting from individual home -fronts and as such, their savage natures are almost impossible to correct. If you are not ready to trade insults, please don't engage them. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by GavelSlam: 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
caesaraba:

While I commend your enthusiasm in trying to engage these e- beings in a civil conversation, I implore you to remember that most of these folks are ill-bred, hate-filled never -do -wells whose only respite comes from hauling insults online. It's a reflection of failed parenting from individual home -fronts and as such, their savage natures are almost impossible to correct. If you are not ready to trade insults, please don't engage them. Thank you.

Thanks man

I've got to say I've got thick skin and you are actually right there are loads of ignorant folks here.

I still think the only way we can forge ahead is by superior argument.

We can't let ignorance, hate and bigotry take over the country.

3 Likes

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by jacyhelen(f): 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
Masterclass32:
Jos – The entire
city of Jos and Bukuru
metropolis have been deserted
following the decision of Ndigbo
living in Plateau State to close
shops.

The decision was in solidarity
with the Christian Association of
Nigeria, CAN, which called for
statewide prayers 24 hours to
the touted quit order given to
Ndigbo living in the North by Arewa Youths.

Though the order was later
withdrawn, CAN had called for
fasting and prayers for the unity
of the country, ahead of the
country’s 57th Independent
anniversary.

The entire stretch of Ahmadu
Bello Way, the hub of
commercial activities in Jos and
adjoining areas of Terminus,
Muritala Mohammed Way,
Taraba Balewa, were all deserted as Igbo traders obeyed
the directive of the umbrella
Igbo Community Association to
stay away from their business
areas on Saturday.

Though there was no restriction
of movement, Most markets like
like Gada Biu, Satellite market,
Kugiya market, Bukuru and
Building Material along Bukuru
highway were under lock and key.
Residents were advised to
congregate in their local
churches and pray for the
country. Main church services
were however held at St. Jarlath
Catholic Church Bukuru and headquartsrs of the Church of
Christ in Nigeria, COCIN, in Jos.

There is however apprehensions
in town as residents move about
cautiously. The state
government had announced a
dusk to dawn curfew in the
wake of the clashes that occurred last week. It was
relaxed from 12 midnight to 6
am. It is not clear whether a 24
– hour curfew will be imposed
on Saturday as rumours are rife
that the state government is contemplating such measure to
stem any rise in violence.

www.sundiatapost.com/2017/09/30/jos-stands-still-as-igbo-close-shops/

they keep praying and praying,yet Nothing has ever changed!!
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
When will Nigerians start to see themselves as citizens of Nigeria and not members of a tribe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by bakila: 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
Rawani:

More like stop giving the millions of Ibos in the North high blood pressure while you type from the safety of your beds.

It's plain selfish and wicked.
That is it. Soon the people in Plateau will realise there dependance on the Igbos and begin to patronise there own.
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by Daplux4: 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

Fact is Kanu sold hate, some of his kinsmen embraced it, broadcast it beyond their domain yet expected maybe a warm hug.

look who's taking about hate when hate runs in ur blood what North has done to Igbo if we use it against them Nigeria will be not be one up till now so mind ur choice of words

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by Daplux4: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

look who's taking about hate when hate runs in ur blood what North has done to Igbo if we use it against them Nigeria will not be one up till now so mind ur choice of words

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by GavelSlam: 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daplux4:

look who's taking about hate when hate runs in ur blood what North has done to Igbo if we use it against them Nigeria will be not be one up till now so mind ur choice of words

So I'm Hausa now?
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by Daplux4: 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

So I'm Hausa now?
You want to deny, that's what u are
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by GavelSlam: 3:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daplux4:

You want to deny, that's what u are

As na you born me na today I know.

Thank you daddy.

5 Likes

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by tjmc: 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
And pls how much can this cost. Try arrange a video tutorial on it so we can learn from your experience.

Pavore9:

And you think agribusiness is about hoe and cutlass? cheesy

How much can you afford to pay me to set up an organic strawberry farm on a plot of land anywhere in igboland without the use of soil and get to harvest up 2,000kg monthly where a kilo is not selling less than N1,500 in the South.

Bros, agribusiness pays big time! Once you are known you get bank alerts for drafting a concept without leaving your house! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by bot101(m): 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

As na you born me na today I know.

Thank you daddy.

Wow, you deflected that quite well but let's bring you back on track. Can you in all honesty compare 'hate speech' in the South East with the repeated needless murder of people up north for reasons like a funny Mohammed cartoon in Germany? That's one example, if you are truly a Nigerian, you'll know there are many others, answer sincerely please.
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by GavelSlam: 4:32pm On Oct 01, 2017
bot101:

Wow, you deflected that quite well but let's bring you back on track. Can you in all honesty compare 'hate speech' in the South East with the repeated needless murder of people up north for reasons like a funny Mohammed cartoon in Germany? That's one example, if you are truly a Nigerian, you'll know there are many others, answer sincerely please.

Let's examine this scenario of one being killed up north due to hate.

Can we actually say the killings were as a result of hate for a certain group of people or can we attribute it to a reaction to some religious zeal (overzealous adherents )?

Would these set of people have killed their own if he/she committed the same infraction?

As we evolve as Nigerians can we actually say they are actually becoming more or less civil in their approach to life?

Let's ask ourselves when last such an incident occurred and what provoked it.
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by ezeagu(m): 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

No, they just simply went out on rampage killing any Christians and Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by kernel505: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
Rawani:
Just imagine the discomfort and apprehension that Ibos are facing now because of the rabid and toxic bucal cavity of the runaway empty chest beating coward.

What a shame.

Brother... Everybody cannot be a slave, we aren't losing anything. We don't need you, you need us.

#UnityBeggar.
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by IkpuMmadu: 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
SHTFguy:

TIME TO ROLL UP OUR SLEEVES

By

Babafemi Ojudu

One of the things I love doing is driving through the streets and towns of Ekiti State. It was a dream when I was a boy with no hope of ever getting behind the wheels of a car. It’s a hobby now that I am an adult.

I love to drive as the soft morning breeze wafts through the air. Ekiti is a small state blessed with green vegetation. The morning air is pure and does wonders to the soul. Our elders used to say if you listen well, you could hear the voice of the angels whistling through the winds.

You can drive the length and breadth of my beloved State in an hour. If you’re an indigene of Ekiti or a resident of the state or someone who has had the good fortune of visiting with us, you will know what I mean. You think better driving the length and breath of the state as the sun rises over those glorious hills and mountains. Our towns have different names, from Omuo to Efon, from Emure to Iye but we are one.

I enjoy the easy banter with folks in the towns and villages. Our people are welcoming and prosperous. All they need is a chance, an opportunity. It takes me back to a time not too long ago, a time when boys could dream of bright futures and girls shaped their destinies.

I am a poster child for what is possible in Ekiti. I was born with little. Try hard as my parents did, we couldn’t afford much. But, we had something money couldn’t buy. We had hope. And, it wasn’t just me. It was most of the kids I know on the streets and in school. We knew if we kept good grades, we will keep moving forward.

But, those days are long gone. These days, driving through the streets is not the joy it once was. You have to cut through the cloud of gloom and doom that hangs over the state. Then you have to deal with the hopelessness etched acronyms ss the faces of the children, youth and elders.

This is not the Ekiti of my youth. It is not the Ekiti of my dreams. And, we don’t deserve to live in this Ekiti fostered by a man who forgot the spirit of brotherhood that moved the state to the cusp of greatness before the vultures came.

The future of any society lies in its children and youth. Sometimes I wonder what sort of future are we leaving to them. Our fathers laid a great foundation for us to build a better future. That future is today. But, has our leadership in Ekiti laid a good foundation for the children and youth of today? Can the emperor really say he’s leaving the leaders of tomorrow a fair legacy?

I talk to a lot of the youth. A lot of times they seek me out – all over Ekiti and outside the state. I get tons of emails from many outside the country. Sometimes I seek them out. And they all have two questions – how did we get here? How do we get away from here?

How do you sow hope in the midst of crushing bleakness? How do you tell a child to hold on a while longer and that better days are coming? How do you convince the youth that there’s something at the end of the dark tunnel and it’s not the brainless insanity of the last few years?

It’s tough to preach hope when the emperor who specializes in doom snatches opportunities provided to the youth and children and dump them in his basket of failures. Take the case of the Home Grown School Feeding Program of the federal government for example. This was a no-brainer. The federal government had designed the programme to encourage kids to go to school by providing them a free meal, nourish them and improve their performance. It was designed to increase school enrollment and encourage local farmers to go back to farm and increase food production.

Our kids in Ekiti were denied that opportunity until I started screaming for all to hear. I had to challenge the Governor in the presence of the Vice President about it for reason to sink into him. And, it’s not just our children that were losing out. The entire state was. We have lost dozens of months where our farmers could have earned income providing the food for the children, our caterer could have been employed cooking the food and the lives of the people would have been tremendously better.

I often wondered what would have happened if I was born into this age of gloom, when the only thing that seems waiting at the end of the tunnel is doom. These kids know leaders who are everything but leaders. I knew leaders who were men of honor. Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Pa Adekunle Ajasin. Profs Sam Aluko, and Banji Akintoye. Lady Jibowu. Funmilayo Ransome Kuti . Ewi Aladesanmi Anirare.

These kids these days have not been that lucky, especially in the last few years. So, when some kids came to me the other day lamenting our great State and the future, how they love the State but don’t like the way it’s been dragged through the mud, how they’re tired of being the laughing stock of the nation my heart bled for the State. But, that wasn’t all of it. One of the kids asked me, what would I tell the children of Ekiti. How can I convince the youth that tomorrow will be better? It was a question that gnawed at my soul. These are kids who just want their state and their leadership to do right by them. They don’t want too much. They just want to be able to live in a land of opportunity because they know when there is hope, with their sweat and determination they will create plenty.

I told them what my father once told me. That when all the chips are down, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and go to work. I am rolling up my sleeves and getting ready to go to work. With our sweat and determination we will make Ekiti great again. I told them to spread the news – tell every kid in Ekiti it is time to roll up their sleeves and sing songs of freedom. Hope is coming to Ekiti.
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by laribari(m): 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
TheKingdom:

Where is the hate? Is it the truth that you guys "hate".. Just look at the headlines here on 9raland and and anyone with primary school education would know such a country is a zoo.

WHy you fear the truth na?

If Nigeria is a zoo then you are an animal. You said it rightly becos only animals are tapped in zoo and you people feel trapped here in Nigeria (a place where you call a zoo). I don't feel trapped or limited here but it is you guys who act like animals that is trapped. No wonder FG released python for una becos only animal will understand animal language. When python true, true show-up everywhere calm naa.

You made yourself a stranger in your own country. What a fool you are bros.

World-wide, anyone born in a country will automatically become a citizen of that country. So you are a Nigerian but making yoursef a foreigner.

Pls, you better go to work tomorrow ooooo! Even if una office nor open, just dress and go stay at the gate till closing time. You already observed your own seat at home order for biafans, tomorrow holiday is for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by bot101(m): 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

Let's examine this scenario of one being killed up north due to hate.

Can we actually say the killings were as a result of hate for a certain group of people or can we attribute it to a reaction to some religious zeal (overzealous adherents )?

Would these set of people have killed their own if he/she committed the same infraction?

As we evolve as Nigerians can we actually say they are actually becoming more or less civil in their approach to life?

Let's ask ourselves when last such an incident occurred and what provoked it.

Wow, so you are actually able to rationalize killing someone because another provoked you by his/her SPEECH? Wow!!
That aside, they (North) should know where they are coming from, and should be begging the families of those they killed in the past even when unprovoked rather than start threatening to kill again, that's rationality. You don't leave the house because it ate your bag of rice, you kill it with a rodenticide not run away.
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by bot101(m): 5:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
Rawani:
Just imagine the discomfort and apprehension that Ibos are facing now because of the rabid and toxic bucal cavity of the runaway empty chest beating coward.

What a shame.

You call the agitations of the Igbos/SSners empty chest beating? How narrow minded! When was the last time the US, France, UK spoke on crises internal to Nigeria, or has ANYONE/GROUP of PEOPLE in the history of Nigeria been able to pull the kind of support and pressure force, both locally and internationally as IPOB has done? Wake up man!! Open your eyes!!! Stop being deceived!!!!
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by russellino: 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

Fact is Kanu sold hate, some of his kinsmen embraced it, broadcasPPt it beyond their domain yet expected maybe a warm hug.

If Kanu sold hate via harsh words, the northerners that have been killing Igbos in the north since 1945 did what?
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by alakara(m): 5:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
Pavore9:

And you think agribusiness is about hoe and cutlass? cheesy

How much can you afford to pay me to set up an organic strawberry farm on a plot of land anywhere in igboland without the use of soil and get to harvest up 2,000kg monthly where a kilo is not selling less than N1,500 in the South.

Bros, agribusiness pays big time! Once you are known you get bank alerts for drafting a concept without leaving your house! cheesy

Sir, how can I key in.
I don't have up to allot of land am in the south west.
thanks
Re: Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops. by Pavore9: 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
alakara:

Sir, how can I key in.
I don't have up to allot of land am in the south west.
thanks

Send me a PM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4,500 APC, GPN Members Defect To NNPP In Bauchi / Abia North: Sen. Ohuabunwa,PDP rejects INEC's declaration Of Orji Kalu As Winner / El-zakzaky: Police Warn Against Demonstration, Ask Citizens To Be Vigilant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.